Diablo® III

Item blog is out. What are your thoughts?

Go read!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8953696/developer-journal-itemization-update-3-5-2013
Reply Quote
Travis Day ACTUALLY PLAYS Diablo 3, and he understands the problems with the game and how they need to be changed. This is the only explanation I have as to why he "gets it" when everyone else seems to fumble.

It's refreshing for once for a dev to address our concerns head on and say: "Yes, we know this aspect of the game is no good and we are taking suggestions and working to improve it."

Instead of explaining to us all the ways in which we misunderstand the choices they've made in the game design, they're taking steps to change the game.
Reply Quote
Travis Day ACTUALLY PLAYS Diablo 3, and he understands the problems with the game and how they need to be changed. This is the only explanation I have as to why he "gets it" when everyone else seems to fumble.

It's refreshing for once for a dev to address our concerns head on and say: "Yes, we know this aspect of the game is no good and we are taking suggestions and working to improve it."

Instead of explaining to us all the ways in which we misunderstand the choices they've made in the game design, they're taking steps to change the game.

Yeah his not another Hellrack comment made me feel like he actually understands how the players feel, you know legendaries are poorly designed when you salvage them before you even bother to look at the stats. Imagine a level 63 beckon sail cloak for demon hunters, my mouth is watering at the thought already.
Edited by BurningJC007#1355 on 3/5/2013 10:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
I think I'm looking forward to finding a Sledgedist with iLVL 63 stats. : )
Reply Quote
A positive step forward, first step is always acknowledging the problem.

Kinda skim through it since I'm at work, but didn't see anything mention about more static stats on legs.

I like that part that mentioned a set giving a bonus Call of the Ancients lasting until you die, now that's a set bonus...
Reply Quote
So apparently all legendary gloves will be getting a reboot as no one is EVER excited to see a legendary set of gloves on the ground.

It's probably the single most disappointing slot in the game (and this was way before crafting too).
Reply Quote
Wow, some of these ideas got me excited. Kudos.
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 10:31 AMPosted by Cerealkiller
I like that part that mentioned a set giving a bonus Call of the Ancients lasting until you die, now that's a set bonus...

Or that CotA is getting a similar pet-buff as WD dogs and gargantuan gained.
Reply Quote
So excited.

Lv63 beckon sail does sound sweet....
Reply Quote
oh yeah excited about the ID all
Reply Quote
We are also exploring ways to make crafting more exciting by adding not just more ways to make appealing items, but also introducing ways to modify existing items.

I REALLY hope he isn't implying a socket quest. Please don't do it.

The other ideas I really like. ilvl63 Boj Anglers, Beckon Sail, and String of Ears sounds kinda sweet.
Edited by OhHellzNo#1945 on 3/5/2013 10:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm assuming that

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/sledge-fist

will have to be hit with a big fat nerf stick (for the stun possibility), otherwise that would be a tad OP with lvl 63 stats.
Reply Quote
He may be talking about rerolling the affix values on items for a cost.
Reply Quote
Great! Finally they do sth truly important to game core. Can't wait.
Reply Quote
Hope to god that they remove + random affix also. Its such a complete turnoff and shouldnt touch any legendarys or set items whatsoever. Makes for some really bad itemization and disappointment when 2 of the same legedarys next to each other could either completely suck, or be godly. Its not even the same item really! Let rares keep the randomness. You can add flavor to Legendarys if completely different and intersting ways instead.
Reply Quote
About time, looks like they finally got a guy that plays the game and know wtf he is doing, maybe there is hope still.

Long live Travis Day.
Reply Quote
Butcher's cleaver? sickle? carver? or new legendaries?

Overall sounds like a step in the right direction, but sounds like its 4 months away...again
Reply Quote
Now I have hope that Diablo 3 someday will be a great game like d2 was. If Travis can make one patch godly, then expansions will be LEGENDARY !
I'm also wondering will we be able to roll new affixes on rare/blue too ? Are they going to decrease blue items drop in inferno?

.. but would like to hear more about new affixes, item buffs etc.
Reply Quote
My first thought was "You don't say. It took them that long to grasp what people have been saying all along and what should've been fixed with the first Legendary revamp? Well, at least they're getting "it" now."

My second thought was "Too good to be true".

My third thought was "When's this gonna come out? Early October if we're lucky, huh?"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]