Diablo® III

Item blog is out. What are your thoughts?

So....if they are going to make all items roll at the monsters level, and at MP1 all monsters are Lv. 63...I guess rolling at MP1 will be the new standard, since all items will roll Lv. 63 stuff on it? I'm sure they'll modify it.
Reply Quote
A step in the right direction for sure. Maybe 1.08 will be for D3 what it was for D2.
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 12:08 PMPosted by Ecaiki
This isn't diversity, this is a lazy fix.

Because the stat system in D3 doesn't support you wearing a level 20 item at level 60.

Sure my level 60 char can wear a level 20 item.
But that's not the point.
They are planning to 'fix' it by modifying the values of a certain legendary.
That legendary will still be the same. Same name. Same possibilities.
So now, you're gonne get a low level Hellrack, a mid level Hellrack and so on.

But low level legs are ok IF you can find them with low level chars.
Hell, it should be raining low levels on Inferno so the others look even more special once you find them. And you can start levelling new chars with a lot more fun. And when they hit inferno, those low levels are outdated anyway.

I think it would be more fun to have an Inferno-rack or whatever as a higher level Hellrack.
Maybe the high level legs can even do something like give a boost depending on paragon level, so they grow with your char.

I still think the current offered solution is not really adding to the diversity at all.
Reply Quote
So....if they are going to make all items roll at the monsters level, and at MP1 all monsters are Lv. 63...I guess rolling at MP1 will be the new standard, since all items will roll Lv. 63 stuff on it? I'm sure they'll modify it.

Fear not, people won't be jumping straight into it, unless they've been to the AH.

For anyone farming their way through they'll first need to do hell act IV, then MP0 inferno act I for a bit, or they won't be able to survive MP1. The jump in difficulty is actually pretty steep, as I've found out with my wizard. It goes from fairly face roll, to being murdered by champions because I don't have the damage.

You clearly didn't understand my post, or D2 itemization for that matter. So your post is not even worth addressing.

I understood your post perfectly.

All the loot you named as stuff you want at end-game doesn't have random affixes on it, only random values. Which means random affix loot is nearly worthless since everyone wants a specific item for its guaranteed stats.

In other words, the only way for the item hunt to succeed, is to take the randomness out of the item hunt.

03/05/2013 12:20 PMPosted by Sjippie
I think it would be more fun to have an Inferno-rack or whatever as a higher level Hellrack.

That's what you'll have under their proposal. You might get a level 40 version from NM, then a level 52 version from hell, and finally a level 61 - 63 version depending on where, and what MP you are in inferno.

Unless I'm totally misunderstanding what you're after.
Edited by Ecaiki#6674 on 3/5/2013 12:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
These are my thoughts :)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8088289741
Edited by Siegfried#1619 on 3/5/2013 12:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
That's what you'll have under their proposal. You might get a level 40 version from NM, then a level 52 version from hell, and finally a level 61 - 63 version depending on where, and what MP you are in inferno.

Unless I'm totally misunderstanding what you're after.

ok, maybe I misworded.. the "inferno-rack" would be a different legendary with different fixed stats, not just the same with better stat range.

Maybe no enhanced damage as the hellrack, but instead much more fire damage, or higher chance at pierce or whatever.

And they shouldn't add only one, they should add a few.
All with some combination of attributes so that one will be more useful for a rapid fire DH, another that would be more suitable for a strafer, and so on.

Not just bigger versions of the original, but completely different items.
'Themed items' as you could call them.
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 12:30 PMPosted by Zaxxon23
BOA is an example of ruining a game for elite players while solving a problem for casuals.

You mean the items or the fact that they are BOA?

I think you can call me a regular since I don't want to use the AH and play at a slow rate.

The items themselfs are nice.
But making them BOA does absolutely nothing for my gaming experience.. unless I want to trade them away when they become obsolete... can't do that.

So in that aspect, I can only agree to the first half of your sentence ;)
Edited by Sjippie#1970 on 3/5/2013 12:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
Sounds like Blizzard might just be starting to get it together after all.
Reply Quote
D3 needs to figure out the balance of how to satisfy the more average / casual gamer without ruining the game for elite players. BOA is an example of ruining a game for elite players while solving a problem for casuals.

12 minutes ago

No, it's not. A poor/casual player can not afford the gold/mats necessary for rolling BoAs like my barb's gloves and chest piece. It's an alternative to being clustered to farm gold and buy your upgrades at the A.H.
Reply Quote
D3 needs to figure out the balance of how to satisfy the more average / casual gamer without ruining the game for elite players. BOA is an example of ruining a game for elite players while solving a problem for casuals.

This.

I'm a casual and I might not be the smartest guy in the world but I see what he is saying.

I've never been an "elite" player in any game. Even in World of Warcraft I played a Rogue that was in the top ten of my server, but it was the bottom server in the entire game, Farstriders (Failstriders).

But what they DID have, was a system in place to make it so you would have to farm and grind through the normal difficulty of the game to be able to participate in the Heroic (more difficult) version of the same instance, which gave you a better reward.

Somehow, Diablo 3 needs to find some kind of system that helps increase the power of the items as the difficulty progresses. I'm not saying we need it to be like World of Warcraft, and this is where I am going to falter, since I am neither gifted intellectually nor am I a great public speaker, but the thing that seems to really get some people is that whether you play on MP0 or MP10, the only benefit you get from higher MP levels is a better chance to find an item, not a better chance to find better items. At least not from my experience. Somewhere along the line, I was hoping that MP10 would eventually mean better items. Not a better chance to find the same items.
Reply Quote
  • Legendary's being awesome rather than guaranteed stat roll loot with some chance to do something sounds better.

• Rare's being meaningful and drop less as a result sounds far better than lots of junk rare's.
  • Legendary's rolling the appropriate monster level affixes is simply a must...and hopefully will be implemented in 1.0.8
  • Targeted legendary's regarding bosses will bring back boss runs in the game and could make things more interesting throughout all difficulty tiers.
  • Improving diversity overall is a must on itemization. This will ensure replayability in addition to a better crafting system to help make up the gaps.
  • Reply Quote
    The fact not only that they are BOA but that they can roll way better than any item of the same slot that can roll in the game. BIS BOA hurts a significant portion of the trading aspect of this game, and that's not good for a Diablo game.

Agreed.
    I crafted a strength armor and now wonder if I will ever find an upgrade ever again.

Your problem should have been solved by ilvl61-62 items that dropped far more often with far less variation on stats. That way your needs are satisfied without harming the trade portion of the game.

Yep.
    The best of the best must remain extremely rare.

That was a good balance in D2.
    You could find good gear on your own, but getting those Dracul's for example.. very rare, surely not an utmost requirement for most builds, but it felt ooh so good when one finally dropped!
    Reply Quote
    03/05/2013 12:48 PMPosted by Zaxxon23
    It's an alternative to being clustered to farm gold and buy your upgrades at the A.H.

So now you can farm gold to roll BOA items. Grats on this incredible new option that oh so fits the Diablo series!

Perhaps you'll eventually come to the realization that 5/13 slots that are now outclassed by BOA items are unsellable in the vast majority of instances, and drastically affect your ability to make any gold.

It's sort of funny really.

The thing's that, I play all classes so, I'm always out of gold. To add it, even though I think the A.H. was a good design instead of the old website spamming and barthering, I use it very rarely if at all. Over 90% of my items are self-found across all my chars that including, for example, the crit mempo on my DH. So all in all it is a new option and a good one for that matter.
    Reply Quote
    03/05/2013 11:50 AMPosted by Zaxxon23
    and you aren't supposed to find all your own godlies. So of course you have to trade, and of course that results in visiting the auction house. Does Blizzard not understand that Diablo is a trade game for the end-game?

Thats is however a load of horsecrap.

Maybe that is the end-game for you, but certainely not for me and many others. I hate trading and i never did that in D2, seriously. It takes away my feeling of accomplishment. My sole purpose with items in D2 was to find EVERYTHING MYSELF. That is end-game enjoyment for me and makes me feel like i have accomplished something.

You should never be forced to trade, ever! It should be an option for those that wants to, but never be mandatory.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]