Diablo® III

Fiery Brimstones...

I know the game has gotta drop them somewhere, I'm 2/3's of the way through Act III and am yet to see one, who's finding them and where?
Reply Quote
Sorry man, but the only way to get brimstones is to salvage a legendary (blacksmith) or buy them on the auction house.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/fiery-brimstone
Reply Quote
Thanks all, guess I gotta do my research =)
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 01:06 PMPosted by taim
Sorry man, but the only way to get brimstones is to salvage a legendary (blacksmith) or buy them on the auction house.

Actually there's a super rare chance that salvaging a yellow (and maybe a blue, not sure about that) will produce one as well.

There was another thread on here the other day discussing it. Plus it happened to me once too =)
Reply Quote
Actually there's a super rare chance that salvaging a yellow (and maybe a blue, not sure about that) will produce one as well.

There was another thread on here the other day discussing it. Plus it happened to me once too =)

3 minutes ago

Yes I am pretty sure that salvaging level 63 items blue or yellow including the new crafting items has a 0.01% chance of yielding a fiery brimstone.
Reply Quote
Confirmed can get brim from yellows got mine off a plate body
Reply Quote
How awesome would it be if the only way to get brimstones were from the slim chances of salvaging a magic item (blue).
Reply Quote
So this only works for ilvl 63 blues/yellows? .1% or .01%? I assume it's 10x less likely with a blue than a yellow, yes? Or is it possible to get one from an ilvl 62?
Reply Quote
Hey guys. Just wanted to share with you a few weeks ago ( right after 1.0.7 went live) I salvaged a brim off a ilvl61 rare bracer. Got a screenshot here. --> http://i.imgur.com/A07Au6H.jpg
Reply Quote
On release week once i hit 60 i salvaged a blue and got a brimstone.. hasn't happened since... then again i don't pick up blues anymore lol
Edited by Dkt#1806 on 3/3/2013 1:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
I think we should be able to exchange a certain amount of demonic essences for a brimstone.

Sure would be nice...
Reply Quote
I think we should be able to exchange a certain amount of demonic essences for a brimstone.

Sure would be nice...

There should be *some* (any) kind of incentive to pickup all items in the game and do all the content imo. i think all crafting recipes should require some of each material. And maybe give some potential use for white items too - like give them the highest vendor values, for example. Maybe have different materials drop in different acts.

I don't much like the system we have now where most of the items aren't even worth looking at.
Edited by Pzypro#1837 on 3/3/2013 6:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
just to confirm, blues cannot give a brimstone. anything yellow that drops an exquisite essence has a low chance to salvage as a brimstone, ive got maybe 5-10 since patch
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 09:00 AMPosted by Isolation
just to confirm, blues cannot give a brimstone. anything yellow that drops an exquisite essence has a low chance to salvage as a brimstone, ive got maybe 5-10 since patch

And where did you get that confirmation from?

I've heard the opposite from several people. Who claimed to have gotten brims from blues.
Edited by Pzypro#1837 on 3/3/2013 9:07 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]