Diablo® III

theorycrafting: slorak's madness with 10 APOC

With APOC thing being on everyone's lips I thought I could give it a try especially with the limited budget that I have. I could get 2.5 APS with around 55CC and 8 for tornado coming from the wand. Do you think it could be vialable? Anybody tried running something similiar? I'd like to hear some opinions before I make any purchases.
Reply Quote
doesnt sloraks top out around only 1k dps on the weapon itself? I think that alone is a pretty big detractor
Reply Quote
sacrifice too much for sloraks imo. no apoc, low attack speed, mediocre dps, and it doesn't even have lifesteal or black damage to make up for it.
Reply Quote
Yes I think its capped at 1k with a socket, Base CD compensates it a bit.
Reply Quote
Slorak's has native crit which means it could possibly top out at 200% if socket is included ...

@O.P. in my opinion you would be better off how you are right now, everything looks well balanced at the 2.73 bp and 50% cc ... how much damage would a nice slorak's add?
Reply Quote
d3up said that a 970 DPS 80CD slorak would give around 26K dps (wearing what is in my profile)
Reply Quote
Big fan of Sloraks Madness. I use to run it at the 2.31 breakpoint and it had some minor APOC issues but not anymore.

Sloraks Madness 2.508 APS with 55CC and 8 for tornado will give you +7.4% real dps dmg compared to a cm with everything else the same without the 8 buff. It will give +3.6% real dps compared to a 2.73 with the same sheet and 55CC for a battle that last longer then 6 seconds (full windup). For a 1.5 second battle its +7.8%, for a 3 second battle its +5.6% This is because the crit from a wickedwind is that much more important at the start.

CM real dps is more impacted by crit then APS because the extra ticks from breakpoints produce more shocking aspects / chain reactions / shards but these are produced at a lower weapon dmg thus sheet dps matters.
Reply Quote
For me, I could see the only real use as doing keeps farming runs where you have hordes of baddies to proc cm from, i'm guessing you're on a limited budget so for the moment I would say no, unless you have the funds to give it a shot ... just my $0.02 though, I would like to hear some of the more seasoned wizards chime in on this...
Reply Quote
If the APoC changes aren't reverted, I don't see why it wouldn't work. 2.5 APS is fine for SNS, and more and more people seem to be trying it. 2.73+ is only really important for Ubers freezing, imo, or for slacking a little more on mitigation/LoH. Whether you use a Slorak's or any other weapon, it shouldn't make that much of a difference.
Reply Quote
would have to be real high on aps with slorak. consider a ias chant wand, and u can free up gloves/ammy/both rings to have cd instead of ias for slorak. thats more then the 200cd max from slorak, plus chant has higher dps
Reply Quote
For K2 farming 2.51 and 10 Apoc definitely work very well. But outside of K2, when you face Succubus and Occulists I think you will need more apoc, even at 2.73.
Reply Quote
03/04/2013 02:03 PMPosted by novice
For K2 farming 2.51 and 10 Apoc definitely work very well. But outside of K2, when you face Succubus and Occulists I think you will need more apoc, even at 2.73.

Ugg, I hate those Succubi. With 2.5 APS 20 APoC works reasonably well against them, if they don't all hit me simultaneously and kill me. I don't really have much problems with the Occultists since they move kind of slow. I have more issues with the shaman that rez the little trash mobs because they like to camp an entire screen away. When you chase them, they move even further away. And that's not even mentioning when they scatter... I'm starting to remember why I never liked A3 as a CMWW.
Reply Quote
I used to run Slorak all the time. 942 DPS with 97 CD + OS + 8% in ET. That's pretty much 210% CD. It actually gives more dps than my chant wand. Only problem is it can't co-exist with Mempo.
Reply Quote
03/04/2013 02:15 PMPosted by zhouxin
I used to run Slorak all the time. 942 DPS with 97 CD + OS + 8% in ET. That's pretty much 210% CD. It actually gives more dps than my chant wand. Only problem is it can't co-exist with Mempo.

9-10apoc works now. Only issue is you lose chant elite de-buff which many need for mitigation.
Reply Quote
Here is +6% ET
max crit chance for wicked wind hits 81%
2.52 APS
9apoc
642 LOH
540res (755 Physical)
on mp9
sns + safe passage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as9gvblUfKg
Edited by RulerEric#1854 on 3/4/2013 2:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
its doable my gear right now does exactly that
Reply Quote
thanks for all the comments

@RulerEric
Do you feel like you could effectively do other locations than keeps (as novice pointed out)?
Reply Quote
thanks for all the comments

@RulerEric
Do you feel like you could effectively do other locations than keeps (as novice pointed out)?

I use to run with 2 apoc source and 2.52 and do met spawn with conflag instead of glasscannon and it worked fine. But i was limited to core,sky,keep. AC2 and fields were too rough without teleport. With safe passage you can any zone.

You can also use shell instead of shards too. For met you have to go Shell.

If you are running in a group with a conviction monk you will have to use shell or safe passage or build a ton of armor/AR because RD can become twice as hard in a instant due to conviction and cyclone can make your twisters all out of position in a instant so you have to be prepared. I prefer safe passage.

Solo I prefer just building tons of dps, if i die on a run i just remake. Its boring to never die, every death has a root mistake like being lazy and not focusing where to put every single twister. Skipping over a fallen instead of waiting the extra few ms to kill it. etc. You can feel every 10k+ dps at mp9-10.

For group i still run safe passage SNS but i have conflagration instead of glasscannon bc of stormcrow and I trade down 20k base dps to bring physical res over 1k and to up loh over 1400.
Edited by RulerEric#1854 on 3/4/2013 3:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
What happened to 3.01 APS?
Reply Quote
Sloraks rock, they definately do more than a Chantodo's wand + set bonus if you get a good one. Wasn't to keen on the 10 apoc though, but its easily viable though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]