Diablo® III

bot in game

I have a bot in my game right now. Continue to kill himself running a script. I'm hoping a blue will see this and do something.
Reply Quote
There is a report button for just this issue.
Blues are not in charges of this particular infraction.

You wouldn't ask the marketing manage of McDonald's to make you a Big Mac :P
(no offence meant to the blues or the anti-hack teams)
Reply Quote
You can report players in-game for botting now, can you not?
Reply Quote
I report every bot I came accross. But the same bots appears in the game from time to time. So I'm just trying something different. See if blue will respond or show up, or just plain something. Yeah so got a group of my buddies testing this bot out. So far everyone agreed, yes this is a seriously bad scripted bot.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We “blues” here on the forums are Community Managers, and we’re not able to intervene directly in-game like you mentioned. What you will want to do instead is to use the report feature in-game to “Report Player for” —> “Botting”. Doing this will allow the proper team to review your report and potentially take action against the player in question.
Reply Quote
You can report players again? Good to hear.
Reply Quote
THANK YOU. I really mean that. Thank you for caring.
Reply Quote
It's your game Blizzard you stop all the botting and spamming. Because getting reported for playing badly or very well is not fair to players that are not botting but get reported.
Reply Quote
03/04/2013 05:35 PMPosted by TopStock
why do botters go to public games? sounds stupid

This botter was really really bad. So bad me and my buddies had fun killing it. He died approximatly every 3 seconds (we set it up of course).
Reply Quote
03/04/2013 05:36 PMPosted by Skunkleaf
It's your game Blizzard you stop all the botting and spamming. Because getting reported for playing badly or very well is not fair to players that are not botting but get reported.

No harm comes from being reported, Blizzard isn't running a witch trial. Only if they check your account activity and find real evidence of actual botting will they take action.
Reply Quote
03/04/2013 05:35 PMPosted by TopStock
why do botters go to public games? sounds stupid

Because generally they are not equipped to run on their own, so they follow people and pick up gold!!
Reply Quote
Dumb bot, just like his master.
Instead look at us, we farm manually because its faster!
Clicking for, white and yellow getting big numbers!
Eternity, always better off than those rule breakers.
Reply Quote
Dumb bot[...]
Instead look at us[...]
Clicking for[...]
Eternity

Clever.
Reply Quote
you sure it wasn't just someone's four year old sister

no authenticator can stop that
Reply Quote
you sure it wasn't just someone's four year old sister

no authenticator can stop that

Stuck around for 1 hour dead watching this "4 year old". She repeats a pattern very script like. ALso, she likes to "attempt" to grab account bound legendaries. She did say hi once and help once. So apparently she spoke english. So I asked her in English are you a bot. Then I noticed the name she used is of latin descent. So I spoke Spanish to her. Obviously, no respond to any direct question. So I assume no critical thinking ability (bot) or reading ability (young child). Apparently this "4 year old" must be mentally retarded enough to know what a legendary is, how to use the barbarian ww build, and how to run like the wind. BUT likes to die alot as in average survival rate of 3 seconds, AND when gear broken she goes gets repaired then repeat the death cycle. So its either a REALLY REALLY REALLY young AND retarded child, OR occulm razor would say its a bot. I go with the more possible bot. I mean technically she could be a monkey with a typewriter, but got bored with the book, and decided to take a break and play D3..............
Edited by yodagreat#1578 on 3/5/2013 2:23 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]