Diablo® III

New Legendary Ideas

Obviously numbers will be tweeked, going to use high values instead of ranges just to make sure to get the point of the set across, not so much to worry about the exact use.

New set:

Harmony:

Yin (Ring):
5 of the following Affixes:
+80 res all
+500 armor
+15% life
+12% Move speed
-10% damage from elites
+800 life regen per second
+500 Life on Hit
+1.5% Life Steal
+10% Block Rate
+1000 Damage Blocked
-15% Reduced CC duration
1 of the following affixes:
Here we can have a list of bonuses to offensive skills (crit chance, damage etc. like what we see on Mara's and stuff)

Yang:
5 of the following affixes:
+100% Crit Damage
+9% IAS
+5% Damage as arcane
+10% Damage to elites
+10% Crit Chance
+10% Chance to stun on hit
+Avg Damage
+% Damage to skills of 1 element (arcane, fire, cold, physical, etc...)
+12% Move Speed
+10% Chance to shoot arcane bolt for 50% weapon damage on hit (modified IAS, CD, CC)
+10% Chance to cause target to bleed for 100% weapon damage over 10 seconds
1 of the following affixes:
Here we can have a list of bonuses to defensive skills, examples: -5 seconds to teleport cd, +1 second duration serenity, +10% armor from warcry, etc...

Harmony Set Bonus (2 Items):
Automatically activate the first rune on any primary skills in addition to any other runes being used.

Once again, numbers are more for show to get an idea, but the point is Yin is a defensive ring with 1 guaranteed offensive bonus, and Yang is an offensive ring with 1 guaranteed defensive bonus. No stats on these items, as we have plenty of ways to buff those already. Also, the set bonus is interesting enough (I hope, haven't looked through all the first rune options on primary skills) to make it worth getting both rings, which helps balance them out. Also, the bonus activated rune can always be changed as well.
Reply Quote
Blink Ring
average damage 20-40
50-150 main stat
2 random magic properties
When you are hit you have a 20% chance to become ethereal for 6 seconds ( can't be hit ), this effect cannot happen more than twice in 60 seconds
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disposable Shapeshifter Ring
15-30 charges of shape change power
1 random magic property
Swift Boots
100 - 200 random main stat
10% - 20% movement speed
5-12% chance to dodge
2 random magic properties
The Grand Blade (2h sword)
0.9 - 1.2 attacks per second
500 - 800 black dps
500 - 700 random elemental dps with matching elemental effect listed below
10 - 25% chance to block
800 / 1000 - 1600 / 2200 block amount
1 - 2 open sockets
2 random magic property (can roll shield properties as well as 2h weapon properties)
elemental effects: Cold - 10% chance to freeze melee attackers
lightning - 10% chance to electrocute ranged attackers
poison - adds 5% damage as poison
fire - reduces fire damage by 15%
arcane - 8% chance to stun on hit
Reply Quote
The Lightbringer (1h sword)

(300-500)-(800-1000) Holy Damage
40-50% weapon damage
radiates aura of light*
3-5% chance to cast Wave of Light on strike **
7-10% increased chance to block
Blocks now negate ALL damage (invisible mod)
O open socket

*Aura periodically inflicts 50% weapon damage as holy to ALL ENEMIES within 35 yards of the wielder (once per two game ticks)

**Casts Wave of Light with no rune

Notes:

Crafted by Haedrig the blacksmith from 5 sword shards (legendary drops from lvl63 monsters) + 100 tomes of secret + 5,000,000 gold. Also, one must find the legendary Lightbringer plan first to craft, also from lvl63 monsters
Edited by Dexter#1245 on 4/18/2013 9:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am sure there will be haters on this post, but I was thinking about this the other day...

How about a new level/category of items?

Ubers....

They would be roughly 1/1000000th chance of dropping beyond the roll of a legendary. Basically, when your item rolls using the current system, and you roll a legendary, a second roll gives you a VERY slight chance of an Uber drop. These drops would be like a legendary on steroids. Maybe make the max stats be able to roll up to say 300% of what current max is on items. Maybe a guaranteed primary stat?

Pretty much my thinking on this is that it would be nice to see a drop and know 100% it will be bad !@#, certainly something you would want or at least some build would want without even IDing. I think one of the letdowns this game has had was that after getting so many crappy useless legendary drops, seeing a drop never gets me (or anyone else) excited anymore....this could change that and I dont think it would be much of a stretch to add this to the game. As far as specifics on items, well haven't thought that out much yet, but you know how max damage on a sword is 1200 or whatever on a 1-handed...maybe an uber would START as that as the base and go up to 2400 or 3600, etc. Same with stats...if max is 400 for str on an item, it could potentally go up to 400-1200 as the parameters.

I dunno, just a thought I had that could maybe breathe some more life and excitement into this game.
Reply Quote
For balancing purposes I will not post attack speed, CC, or damage/armor but rather new ideas to make the game more fun... enjoy!

Rathma's Device - Legendary Wand

Five percent chance that a monster killed is resurrected to fight by your side. Cannot stack more than five times.

Demon's Skin - Set Bonus

Completed Set Bonus - Turn into a Demon
Set should be for Demon Hunter Only with stats reflected as such

Arreat's Face - Legendary Helm

Call of the Ancients now last until they die

El Diablo - Legendary Mojo

When below 20 percent life gain the powers of the lord of hell himself

Stone of Wonders - Legendary Spirit Stone

Monk turns ethereal and all damage is reduced by 10 percent

King Slayer - Legendary Two-Handed Sword

While the average brute can barely wield such a weapon, barbarians have been spotted wielding even larger weapons with only one hand

Heroes can use with one hand
Reply Quote
I am sure there will be haters on this post, but I was thinking about this the other day...

How about a new level/category of items?

Ubers....

They would be roughly 1/1000000th chance of dropping beyond the roll of a legendary. Basically, when your item rolls using the current system, and you roll a legendary, a second roll gives you a VERY slight chance of an Uber drop. These drops would be like a legendary on steroids. Maybe make the max stats be able to roll up to say 300% of what current max is on items. Maybe a guaranteed primary stat?

Pretty much my thinking on this is that it would be nice to see a drop and know 100% it will be bad !@#, certainly something you would want or at least some build would want without even IDing. I think one of the letdowns this game has had was that after getting so many crappy useless legendary drops, seeing a drop never gets me (or anyone else) excited anymore....this could change that and I dont think it would be much of a stretch to add this to the game. As far as specifics on items, well haven't thought that out much yet, but you know how max damage on a sword is 1200 or whatever on a 1-handed...maybe an uber would START as that as the base and go up to 2400 or 3600, etc. Same with stats...if max is 400 for str on an item, it could potentally go up to 400-1200 as the parameters.

I dunno, just a thought I had that could maybe breathe some more life and excitement into this game.

This would be a cool idea. There needs to be items that only the most intrepid players can find and/or make. I would also think craftable items that require legendary ingredients would be neat as well (like my sword above requires sword shards to make).
Edited by Dexter#1245 on 4/18/2013 9:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Legendary gems with unique properties?

Skull:
Weapon - 5% Life Steal
Armor - Increased resource regeneration
Helm: Increase Resource by 20%

Diamond
Weapon - +10% damage to elites
Armor - +80 Resist All
Helm - Resist all increased by 20%

These are the only two I can think of right now (since I essentially ripped them from D2).
Reply Quote
Wizard

Tarnhelm Fragment Wizard Helm - Each enemy killed adds 3% magic find up to a total of 100% extra magic find for 30 seconds. If you have max magic find this bonus is added as damage to your signature spell instead.

The Infinite Shard 1H Wand - 100% chance to spawn a 3 new arcane orbs in random directions when target is hit with arcane orb. These orbs can spawn more orbs losing 25% with each spawn.

The Reflective Mirror Off-hand - Mirror images become permanent and do 10% more damage.

Enigma's Remnant Armor - Teleport no longer has a cooldown but costs 500% more mana

Barbarian

Eternal Gore 2h Axe - Rend lasts twice as long, stacks up to 3 times, and spreads to other enemies touched.

The Edge of the Abyss 1H Mace - Your Groundstomp ability no longer has cooldown but instead of generating rage it uses 20 rage

Worldslayer 2H Sword - Earthshake has no cooldown but uses all rage

Charsi Shield Shield - Your Bash ability does 200% more damage

Monk

Belt of the Blood Master Belt - Your Seven-Sided-Strike does area of effect damage and no longer has cooldown but costs 77% of your total life

The Dishonored Disciple 1h Claw - Your Deadly Reach and Way of the Hundred Fists now apply Exploding Palm on the first hit

The Beyond Sight Monk Helm - Your Mystic Ally now can cast all your spells and has your weapon and item procs and abilities.

No idea for Witch Docs, I don't play one.
Reply Quote

View profile

Legendary gems with unique properties?

Skull:
Weapon - 5% Life Steal
Armor - Increased resource regeneration
Helm: Increase Resource by 20%

Diamond
Weapon - +10% damage to elites
Armor - +80 Resist All
Helm - Resist all increased by 20%

These are the only two I can think of right now (since I essentially ripped them from D2).

I feel that more customization can be achieved by adding more gems/runes like the two you put out. I have a couple of gems myself, stats below

Onyx

Weapon - Attack Speed increased by 1-13%
Armor - +100-650 Armor
Helm - Armor increased by 7-20%
Shield - Block Rate increased by 3.5-10%

Sapphire

Weapon - Increase Weapon Damage by 5-50%
Armor - Life Regeneration increased by 50-750
Helm - Life Regeneration increased by 5% of total HP
Shield - Increase Damage Blocked by 50-175%
Edited by Dexter#1245 on 4/18/2013 9:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Knight's Code Set

Knight's Honor (1h sword)
base attack speed: 1.30

Adds (300-400)-(600-800) Holy Damage
40-50% Weapon Damage
6-9% Increased Attack Speed
25-35% Chance of Crushing Blow on striking
200-300 vitality
10-12% life

Knight's Valor (shield)
base block rate: 20-30%

7-10% Increased Block Rate
70-80 All Resists
+300-400 Armor
3-5% to Cast Inner Sanctuary when struck
200-300 Vitality
10-12% Life

Set Bonuses:
20% Chance to Parry an oncoming attack (extra layer of dodge)
20% Chance to Counter when struck (250% weapon damage)
All Damage reduced by 30%
Edited by Dexter#1245 on 4/18/2013 10:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The Cold North
Legendary Staff
1051.9–1476.0 Damage Per Second
(917–1190)–(1187–1763) Damage
1.00 Attacks per Second
+143–286 Minimum Damage
+191–381 Maximum Damage
+41–50% Damage
Critical Hit Damage Increased by 165–200%
Cold skills deal 15–20% more damage.
Critical Hits grant 9–10 Arcane Power (Wizard Only)
5.60–6.00% of Damage Dealt Is Converted to Life
Increases Critical Hit Chance of Ray of Frost by 4–7% (Wizard Only)
3-5% Chance When Struck by Melee to Cast Blizzard centered on your location
Empty Socket
Reply Quote
Basketed Maine Gauche

Legendary OH (all classes)
+(150-285) - (320 - 410) Dmg
+20-50% dmg
+3-12% atk spd
1 socket

1 of the following three
+100-300 Dex
+100-300 Str
+100-300 Int

1 of the following two
+200-500 (to one elemental damage)
+3-5% (to one elemental damage)

5-15% chance to reduce enemy armor by 10%
5-15% chance to reduce enemy elemental resistances by 10%
1-5% on each attack to throw the dagger at a nearby enemy for a critical strike.
Edited by Kasmel#1597 on 4/18/2013 10:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I would love to see a usable Daibo for Monks.

As of right now only Skorn are useable for the most part.

Thunder Dragon God Daibo of Fury
Legendary Daibo
1000–1400
Damage Per Second

(700–1000)–(1200–1600) Damage
1.10 Attacks Per Second

+(250-500)-(550-1100) Lightning Damage
+41–50% Damage
+290–340 Dexterity
Critical Hit Damage +100-200%
Lightning Skills Deal 20-30% More Damage.
Increase Attack Speed 10-12%
+1 Random Magic Properties
Empty Socket
Reply Quote
Pain (shield)

a !@#$load of armor

a %^-*load of block

50,000 thorns damage.
Reply Quote
Assassin's Coup de Gras

Dagger

Flavor Stat

Each time you do not land a critical hit, critical hit damage increased by 25%. This has no limit and resets after a critical hit is landed

Momentous Strike

1h weapon (flurry +2h would be way too OP)

Flavor Stat

Each critical hit increases attack speed by 10%, stacking up to 5 times and resets after 5 seconds

^These two stats would also go really well with a set of fists and would make a super legit monk
Reply Quote
Wanderstik

Medium to almost high weapon damage

+50 movespeed cap, +25 movespeed
Wanderstik is a 2-hand diabo that counts as a 1 hand weapon (it enacts any monk passives that work of 2 handers and duel wielding)
+777 dex
+200 armor
+200 str
+444 vit
Critical hits slam the ground with a free attack animation that do 60% of weapon damage as AoE
+socket

"Said to haphazardly been passed down from wanderer to wanderer since the beginning of time."
Reply Quote
Stop letting every class wear or use every(except weapons and the one class specific item) legendary. Gear sets or gear classes(light, medium, heavy, special) for each Character class. Additionally, stats specific to the character class, aside from main stat, to prevent the cross over of wearing a gear class lower than intended for you because the stats are right.

If that is too daunting of a task, at least make each class look different in the legendary items that each and everyone one of us is wearing. (e.g. Mempo, Vile Ward)

We do not get paid to create items, quests, updates or fixes. We paid for what we thought was a completed game. Who will be credited or accountable when the game has past its time?
Reply Quote
Grace
Legendary Bow
925.5-1200.0 DPS

(825–1159) Damage
1.55 Attacks per Second

- +400-(500-600) Fire Damage
- +30-40% Damage
- Fire Skills Deal 20-25% more damage
- +2.80–3.00% of Damage Dealt Is Converted to Life
- +80-120 to Dexterity
- +1 Random Magic Properties
- +30-50% Chance to fire a glowing, magical projectile out at a medium rate of speed. This projectile will damage enemy undead monsters, and heal friends.
O Empty Socket

Leviathan
Legendary Chest

+170-200% Enhanced Defense (varies)
+100-150 Defense (varies)
+40-50 To Strength (varies)
Damage Reduced By 15-25% (varies)
Posion Resist +40-60% (varies)
+2 Random Magic Properties
Indestructible
Edited by Firesenz#1761 on 4/19/2013 12:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/18/2013 11:35 PMPosted by Vourak
We do not get paid to create items, quests, updates or fixes. We paid for what we thought was a completed game. Who will be credited or accountable when the game has past its time?

Chill out, people are here with suggestions because they want to be and because thinking these things up is fun, not because anyone expects to get paid. No matter how good the itemization, this will always happen. People want to share their ideas. So please, relax and let people have their fun.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]