Diablo® III

Auction House Bids Not Updating

Hello,

Ive recently gotten bcak into d3 and noticed the AH is not working properly for me. Ill search an item and come across one Id like to bid on. I bid and am told the amount was too low and the price jumps up. I bid again, and same message, I bid again same message, and so on. I increase my bid by a few k instead of using the min, and get the same message and the min bid jumps up to what I just entered as my bid.

The real problem is my min bids are not updating UNTIL I try and bid. For instance an item is listed at 5k. I click bid and bid 5500 and it says too low. I bid again at 6k and it says too low. Then 7k and too low. So now at 7k, Ill sit there for a few minutes refreshing it and it still says 7k so I bid 7.5k and all of a sudden its too low of a bid.

Ive sat there and waited for random amounts of times and the bid never updates until I try and bid. Because Ive waited random amounts of time, Ive determined this is too much to be a coincidence that someone keeps bidding everytime I try to bid.

What is going on? This is becoming extremely frustrating because the only times I can get successful bids in is when I over bid the min bid by like 30k..
Edited by LionelHutz#1728 on 3/5/2013 12:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
I'm having the same problem too. I just logged on and I was winning an auction for 200k but I wasn't going to be home in a few hours when it ends so I upped it a little to better my chances and it said I was outbid and that the current amount was what I entered. (ex. 323,000) so I upped it to another random amount of 345678 and sure enough I was outbid and the current bid was 345678. So I upped to to 2,000,000 and I was outbid with the current bid being 2,000,000. If I have the same as the current bid , how am I outbid?
Reply Quote
if you get outbid for an item on AH thats because somone else has bidded higher.

[example]
You want a 700 dps sword.
current bid: 2000

Then someone bids (before you do) 200'000
Then you bid the amout thats still is 2000.
You will get outbid because the other guy bidded 200'000

The current bid has nothing to do how much the winner has bidded .
It may say 1'409'785 but the current winner bidded 5'000'000
The bids will go up as you try to match the first guys offer.

Hope my english is understandable
Reply Quote
if you get outbid for an item on AH thats because somone else has bidded higher.

[example]
You want a 700 dps sword.
current bid: 2000

Then someone bids (before you do) 200'000
Then you bid the amout thats still is 2000.
You will get outbid because the other guy bidded 200'000

The current bid has nothing to do how much the winner has bidded .
It may say 1'409'785 but the current winner bidded 5'000'000
The bids will go up as you try to match the first guys offer.

This is exactly the problem though. The current bid is not updating to the actual current bid. This makes extremely hard to bid because you may be OVER bidding to get a bid in.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]