Diablo® III

most fun build

just curious what you guys think it is. i got my DH through Hell awhile ago, now revisiting to get her through Inferno. don't really care about what the purest, highest DPS build there is - just what is the most fun to play.

used the top build here as a base, but happy to switch it around:

http://diablo.somepage.com/popular/demon-hunter
Reply Quote
It depends on what your idea of "fun" is. Some people like kiting, and keeping at a distance. Bola Shot/Spike Traps are a lot of fun.

I personally like to face tank. Right now I'm addicted to grenades/cluster arrows.. I like killing things fast on higher MP levels.

If you are grinding low MP levels for paragon, strafe is a fun route... and as much as I hate to say it, ball lightning is also extremely fast. I was wondering why so many DH's were using ball lightning. It annoyed me that SO many DH's were using it... Never understood why. I've always gone against the grain so to speak.. But I tried it, and it's extremely fast (and fun). But I don't see myself using it on anything above MP2.
Reply Quote
k - grenades look fun and you're only one kind enough to respond, so i'm going to use your build :) thanks!
Reply Quote
I think Bola Spike trap spec is the most fun, at least for me. Perhaps it was from the endless 1 shot deaths back in "vanilla" D3 near release when I had just gotten to Inferno that make me really appreciate being able to face tank a pack of Hulking Phasebeasts.
Reply Quote
I'm using the Bola/Spike build too and I really think it's a lot of fun. Lots of explosions, so you feel powerful. Able to facetalk most enemies, so you also feel powerful. Will still need to kite once in a while, unless you have super godly gear and/or playing at low MP, so you will still feel like a Demon Hunter.

Give it a shot.

Edit: *Facetank, not facetalk. Facetalking is what the enchantress does and makes me want to strangle her.
Edited by spacecadet#1853 on 3/5/2013 7:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
I found these responses useful. Thanks guys.
Reply Quote
Most fun by far is a strafe build, running vault+TA but it isn't viable really for above like mp3.
Reply Quote
Trap build
Reply Quote
This is my most fun build and/or gear:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rayman-1711/hero/31001757
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]