Diablo® III

Grim Dawn, anyone?

92 Draenei Death Knight
Pre-alpha game footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYI2DMPWpWg&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

For a game in PRE ALPHA, I find this to be very impressive. If it can be fast and fluid like TL2 with the dark, occult tinged aesthetic from D2 and solid itemization, I can't wait.
Reply Quote
I am patiently waiting for it.

Check my profile for why.
Reply Quote
I am patiently waiting for it.

Aye m2. It is tho, a bit different. Guns and grenades:)
Reply Quote
Once the alpha is released, I'm so outta here.

Player controlled char development, no AH, non linear gameplay, beautiful graphics, Matt Uelman inspired music, great itemization, devs who are not mere puppets for the regime....it's gonna be great.
Reply Quote
Looks pretty solid for a pre alpha. I suppose they will keep improving the UI and gameplay over time. Those need some updates. The screen turn thing is pretty awesome, though.
Reply Quote
ya. this is the game i pointed to when everyone yelled "PoE"

this one looks more my style than PoE.

still seems there will be quite sometime until even a beta tho.
Reply Quote
I'd check out the site but I'm sure I'll learn more about the game on these forums than anywhere else.
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 06:27 PMPosted by Archangel
It may be great...but IMHO devs...ALL devs have the same credibility as politicians and used care salesmen.

Harsh with the large exaggeration. Always better to say "some" rather then a mere "all" because that just shows how biased you are without any backup of solid information to support your blatant statement.

Anyways, Grim Dawn.

I've been waiting for this game for awhile (not as long as others) and I've been posting on their forums under the same username. So hello to any other fellow GD forum users :)

I really hope this game will be great and so far it's looking quite good. Itemization is looking really nice (proc on hit Armageddon? Yes please!), their is an actual weather system, rotational camera, pretty good graphics that are more dark then D3/TL2 and look more realistic then PoE graphics. Combat looks quite smooth as well.

Oh and also their are people you can help in which part of their reward for you will be to build/upgrade your town and also give you shortcuts to areas or the ability to explore completely new areas. Pretty neat to have your character impact the world around you in various ways.

A lot of people on the forums in Grim Dawn believe that the Alpha will be coming out sometime this month or next month (alpha being the entire first act of the game I believe).

+1 to a hopefully awesome game.
Reply Quote
I think Blizz slipped a little, and now everything else out there looks better to me :\.
Reply Quote
And this thread should be here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386232/

Considering how "General Discussion" is about discussing Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
View profile
that game looks incredible. I NEED IT NOW.
Reply Quote
MEH Diablo 3 looked really good in the trailers...
Reply Quote
The most recent update says the alpha, if everything goes smoothly, should be here in 3-6 weeks. can't wait!
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 07:02 PMPosted by Matak
I think Blizz slipped a little, and now everything else out there looks better to me :\.

YES

This says it well. If D3 was done right, PoE threads and the old T2 threads would be defended against by more people and/or ignored by many more people. Instead, we have quite a few defenders here.

Like myself, because I play a little of everything. And, thats not what i planned, shoulda been D3 all the way with vaiorus gems, charms, runes, weapon swap, in game social system ! wait, they cut out a ton of fun and addictive features. now im looking for that elsewhere... and it aint easy to find. Mostly just compromises... =(
Edited by Fyle#1652 on 3/3/2013 9:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
Remember the D3 alpha footage? With the ladders and everything?

Who woulda thunk the game turned out like it did. Never trust pre-release footage.
Reply Quote
ill give it a run as per POE but i ended up coming back to D3.

good to try something else though for maintenance nights.
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 08:29 PMPosted by BattleToad
MEH Diablo 3 looked really good in the trailers...

Yea because that wasn't Diablo 3.

That 2011 gameplay video for instance. Remember the hero fighting a large trap of Ghouls? Jumping broken bridges and scaling down ladders? The Thousand Pounder fight with an awesome introduction to the boss? Siegebreaker with death animation and a cool ambush after you defeat him? Traps involving TONS of enemies popping out everywhere to attack you?

Yea complete lie. In Grim Dawn the developers actually talk to players and ask for their opinion and have polls that will (most likely) actually impact the game.

Anyways you can probably tell that I'm disappointed with Diablo 3 and how things turned out. But I'm still waiting around and occasionally playing while waiting for other ARPG games to come out (or playing other games).
Reply Quote

Who woulda thunk the game turned out like it did. Never trust pre-release footage.

Smaller companies actually tend to the player to make the game fun and addictive because they don't have a big name and reputation to sell the game for them.

Blizzard scrapped what they did to sell out the game to a wider audience. Ya, what they had at first looked way better and a lot more in the spirit of D2. I guess I'm still hanging on simply because there isnt anything clearly better in every way.

D3 gameplay,graphics>the rest

the rest everything besides graphics,gameplay>D3

thats were im stuck at
Reply Quote

Completely agree with this.

If anything wait until alpha videos (if this will be allowed) come out and reviews popping out to see if this game will be worth getting.

I've learned through D3 that pre ordering a game can be risky and in most cases shouldn't be done.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]