Diablo® III

Grim Dawn, anyone?

Call me a pessimist but even indie devs that actually heed player input can screw their game up royally. Look at Endless Space, where the devs have or had votes every now and again as to what they should do next with the game. Almost every single time, stupid cosmetic stuff or downright bad mechanics won out over things that might have helped the game.

Game design via committee and all that.
Edited by NihilVerum#2118 on 3/3/2013 9:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
The graphics of that game is indeed way above POE and better than D3.

I am also quite interested in it.

TES online, Lineage Eternal or Grim Dawn, which do you guys think would be better?
Edited by Wtflag#1258 on 3/3/2013 9:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
TES online, Lineage Eternal or Grim Dawn, which do you guys think would be better?

Depends on player taste.

TES online isn't an ARPG.

Lineage Eternal is ARPG/MMO.

Grim Dawn is ARPG.

I'll look at each game when they come out but right now I've been more interested in Grim Dawn as I have been following the games development for awhile.

So yea I won't be stating any "this game will be better" until I actually play the game or see some reviews/gameplay videos.
Reply Quote
@Joren They have actually already come out with a UI video since the you saw has come out. Here is a link to the thread about the UI update.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6032

I have been paying attention to all Arpgs, POE, D3, Tl2, you name it. However, Grim Dawn I think is going to get it right. I may eat my words, but I think the developers are awesome and have faith in them and what they have already accomplished with such a small team.

You guys should check out some of the developments and the other game play vids on youtube.
Reply Quote
View profile
torchlight 2 was really fun for about two weeks...then the itemization kicks you in the butt. like, i could get down to the final boss in about 2 minutes, kill him in 30 seconds...and it was two legendary items every time, guaranteed. i had a stash of legendaries in like 6 hours. the itemization was TOO good. i got bored. was like okay...i'm godly, now what? just happened to fast.

trying out path of exile now, just started tonight. up to level 9. LOVING it so far, but haven't played it long enough yet to give a real verdict. i'll enjoy it while it lasts.

frankly i love all three games. d3 and path of exile seem best for longevity and immersion, torchlight 2 is more the fun easy to pick up one that you can play for awhile then walk away from. hah
Reply Quote
@Joren They have actually already come out with a UI video since the you saw has come out. Here is a link to the thread about the UI update.

I have been paying attention to all Arpgs, POE, D3, Tl2, you name it. However, Grim Dawn I think is going to get it right. I may eat my words, but I think the developers are awesome and have faith in them and what they have already accomplished with such a small team.

You guys should check out some of the developments and the other game play vids on youtube.
Arthur Bruno and a bunch of other developers that worked on Titan Quest are developing Grim Dawn,I think it's safe to say it's going to be a very solid ARPG.
Reply Quote
Hey look, it's another action/rpg/hack n' slash styled game. Just seeing a few minutes of pre-alpha footage, it's definitely clear to me that this will be the greatest thing ever.

SWTOR was the WoW-killer by the way.
Reply Quote

That's it everyone. Pack up. This man just won the thread.
Reply Quote

Arthur Bruno and a bunch of other developers that worked on Titan Quest are developing Grim Dawn,I think it's safe to say it's going to be a very solid ARPG.

Agreed. Titan Quest IMO was the best ARPG after Diablo 2. In fact, when I'm in the mood to play an ARPG, I play Titan Quest. It replaced Diablo 2 for me haha. I'm hoping Grim Dawn will be similar. Either way, Grim Dawn is shaping up well.
Reply Quote
So this is the new flavor of the month?

You guys are already bored with PoE?

lol
Reply Quote
oh look another diablo clone. they always spring up when a diablo game hits
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Priest
Hey look, it's another action/rpg/hack n' slash styled game. Just seeing a few minutes of pre-alpha footage, it's definitely clear to me that this will be the greatest thing ever.

I always wonder what planet people live on when they think that most people can't play more than one game. Grim Dawn looks fine from what there is of it. Torchlight II was going to bury D3 (their devs posted on their forums too), then it was PoE (devs, forums, OK) and now Grim Dawn. If and when it ever gets out (3.25 years to get to its first alpha) I'll have a look at it.

You'd think that people would have learned by now that pre-alpha video + alpha/beta testing doesn't necessarily mean a lot about the final game.
Reply Quote
So this is the new flavor of the month?

You guys are already bored with PoE?

lol
Nope.I'm currently leveling up a ranger and loving it.
Edited by Bluddflagg#6648 on 3/3/2013 11:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
deleted
Edited by Icon0clast#1542 on 3/4/2013 12:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCdbdsFgNGI <--------- THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO WATCH

LINEAGE ETERNAL
- Switch weapons on the fly
- Great smooth gameplay
- Environmental interaction
- DRAG skill
- IMPALING enemies to the wall
- Grapple enemies to you
- Set enemy huts on FIRE
- Lifting & slamming enemies to the ground / or off the cliff
- Boss FATALITIES
- Using a SHIELD to really BLOCK!!!

PLUS MANY MORE.....................If you did watch it, tell me that this isn't going to BLOW D3 outta the water
Edited by DEATHLOCK#1732 on 3/4/2013 12:03 AM PST
Reply Quote

Really?

You are going to bring up all those "wow-killer" and "diablo 3-killer" statements? Let's see, Diablo 3 already lost a ton of players soon after it came out. Wow's subscriptions are slowly falling. So obviously some people are deciding to leave Blizzard games for other games.

Torchlight 2, PoE and I'm sure SWTOR all have players that have left Diablo 3 or Wow and haven't looked back.

Yes their is hype for plenty of games and sometimes those games don't deliver to everyone.

I really hope people won't hype up Grim Dawn (thus putting this thread in the "Games" area) until their is reason to when the alpha comes out and the game proves to be amazing.
Reply Quote
I am looking forward to Grim Dawn.. I liked Titan Quest a lot so I think I will like this one also.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYI2DMPWpWg&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59bxW1MdHl4&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

OH YEA! :D freeking awesome! :D
Reply Quote
03/04/2013 12:35 AMPosted by DeMasked
I really hope people won't hype up Grim Dawn
blizzard really HYPED up d3 before it was released and when they did release it. it was crap. still is. this is why im posting from my sc2 profile. lol. but the difference is, they listen to people. d3 does not. never will. you tell them about a problem, and they say 'oh well' and continue on~ honestly the DEV team for d3 needs to be fired and they need to hire new people who know how to not plug their ears... yes its that bad.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]