Diablo® III

Grim Dawn, anyone?

Just by looking at it I can tell the game feels just like TQ.

Still, I LOVE TQ, I'm actually taking a break from D3 to play an Haruspex. Put nearly 100hours in the game back in the day, and now I'm trying to make all artifacts with my new char - nearly as long as collecting mats to make yourself a Marquise in D3, but the benefit is, how to say it nicely... a bit better -.

This games are clunky yes, but the loot is oh so amazing in TQ, and the progression of your char is actually a real and long progression you enjoy, not rushing it to get to level 72 ( max ).

Anyway I dont like already this outlander, using guns like in TL. IF only they could mix D3 combat to it :) that would be great.
Edited by toni#2352 on 3/4/2013 7:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
It might be worth a look if it's fluid as you said OP. I think the main issue with PoE is that even with good movement speed and attack speed, mobs are very buggy. And it feels very clunky to move your character around. This is something that D3 has nailed perfectly, it is fun to play because everything flows so smoothly.
Reply Quote
I think the only people really labeling Grim Dawn to be a "D3 Killer" are people who are hating on the game. I think it has a lot of potential to be a great game. So why is everyone so hostile towards that? It looks like a great Arpg and the community is great. I get the feeling that the D3 fanboys get so butthurt with any kind of competition.I hate to tell you this but, the only real D3 killer out there was D3 itself. I enjoy D3 for what it is, but it really is crap compared to its predecessor.
Reply Quote
03/04/2013 07:39 AMPosted by Torqbow
It might be worth a look if it's fluid as you said OP. I think the main issue with PoE is that even with good movement speed and attack speed, mobs are very buggy. And it feels very clunky to move your character around. This is something that D3 has nailed perfectly, it is fun to play because everything flows so smoothly.

Mobs are not 'buggy' per se, its only that in a PoE you have an accuracy rating, so you miss your hits sometimes, especially in the beginning ;)
Reply Quote
Looks pretty good, might check it out.
Reply Quote
Aside from the ugly UI, it looks awesome!
Reply Quote
Once the alpha is released, I'm so outta here.

Player controlled char development, no AH, non linear gameplay, beautiful graphics, Matt Uelman inspired music, great itemization, devs who are not mere puppets for the regime....it's gonna be great.

Well I visited the Grim website… Where are you getting this information?

P.s. the music was annoying as hell.
Reply Quote
i'll probably try it out, looks pretty cool.
Reply Quote
.... okay seriously a regular freaking nintendo looks pretty impressive when you see D3. So 0/10.
Reply Quote
Pre-alpha game footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYI2DMPWpWg&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

For a game in PRE ALPHA, I find this to be very impressive. If it can be fast and fluid like TL2 with the dark, occult tinged aesthetic from D2 and solid itemization, I can't wait.

Looks promising. Thanks for the link.
Reply Quote
03/04/2013 09:28 AMPosted by toni

Mobs are not 'buggy' per se, its only that in a PoE you have an accuracy rating, so you miss your hits sometimes, especially in the beginning ;)

The golems in Fell Shrine for instance, cause you to take damage before they move. Some mobs cause dsync like the Rhoas.

And I use resolute technique so accuracy is a non-issue.
Reply Quote
woah this looks really cool, dark and scary looking like d3 was supposed to be, offline like d3 was supposed to be, its only about $20, its on steam, so yeah i think im gonna buy it, if its good enough itll be replacing this game.
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 06:25 PMPosted by Steveg

HAHAHAHAHA!!!
Reply Quote
I think we're all a little disappointed with the way D3 turned out, but to be honest there's nothing out there that's better. Grim Dawn does look great but until we get our hands on it who knows. Whatever we think of D3, it's still the best there is and it's still the game that everything else has to beat to be number 1!

03/03/2013 09:17 PMPosted by DeMasked
MEH Diablo 3 looked really good in the trailers...

Yea because that wasn't Diablo 3.

That 2011 gameplay video for instance. Remember the hero fighting a large trap of Ghouls? Jumping broken bridges and scaling down ladders? The Thousand Pounder fight with an awesome introduction to the boss? Siegebreaker with death animation and a cool ambush after you defeat him? Traps involving TONS of enemies popping out everywhere to attack you?

Yea complete lie. In Grim Dawn the developers actually talk to players and ask for their opinion and have polls that will (most likely) actually impact the game.

Anyways you can probably tell that I'm disappointed with Diablo 3 and how things turned out. But I'm still waiting around and occasionally playing while waiting for other ARPG games to come out (or playing other games).
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
03/04/2013 05:12 AMPosted by Nighthunter4
I hope they have an offline mode and I dont have to login into my steam account lol

Their website says it will have an offline mode, online multiplayer and it costs $20.

The $20 price tag kinda worries me. It places the game in the budget category and that usually means that something will be skimped on. In TL2, it was graphics. In PoE, it's mainly animation.

I guess we'll see when Grim Dawn is finally released.
Reply Quote
Hey look, it's another action/rpg/hack n' slash styled game. Just seeing a few minutes of pre-alpha footage, it's definitely clear to me that this will be the greatest thing ever.

SWTOR was the WoW-killer by the way.

Really?

You are going to bring up all those "wow-killer" and "diablo 3-killer" statements? Let's see, Diablo 3 already lost a ton of players soon after it came out. Wow's subscriptions are slowly falling. So obviously some people are deciding to leave Blizzard games for other games.

Torchlight 2, PoE and I'm sure SWTOR all have players that have left Diablo 3 or Wow and haven't looked back.

Yes their is hype for plenty of games and sometimes those games don't deliver to everyone.

I really hope people won't hype up Grim Dawn (thus putting this thread in the "Games" area) until their is reason to when the alpha comes out and the game proves to be amazing.

Oh hey, look, it's one of those people my post was mocking.

WoW has eight digit numbers, clearly it's failing hard.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/04/2013 12:34 PMPosted by Archangel
don't think I've ever seen anyone call a game a "WoW Killer" except the drooling idiot WoW fanboys building giant strawman arguments.

I thought Warhammer had a shot of becoming a successful competitior to Wow (not killing it, but providing healthy competition) so much so that I left a job I had at Dell to work at Mythic at a pay reduction (wanted into the field). Unfortunately I was wrong, very wrong >.>

Anyways, back on the thread. I think Grim Dawn has potential. I donated some on their kickstarter. Unfortunately I am very inactive ont heir forums since I enjoy the HC community here and I lack the time to follow everything for work + multiple games so Grim Dawn is falling through the cracks some for me on a "day-to-day" following (I may have a tad more free time soon though).

In the end though, it primarily comes down to gameplay/controls for me. So Grim Dawn will have to come close to D3 for me to dedicate time to it. I will -probably- buy it when it launches (assuming no beta for me to test it [yes I do actually beta test as well when I am selected to beta test])
Reply Quote

Player controlled char development, no AH, non linear gameplay, beautiful graphics, Matt Uelman inspired music, great itemization, devs who are not mere puppets for the regime....it's gonna be great.

Yeah same thing they said about TL2

Same thing they said about POE

I dont think both games combined are even close to breaking the 1mil mark.

Not going to lie, this one looks far better than POE and TL2. Will it have a combat system thats decent?

Look i get the point of these threads. People want DESPERATELY for another game to kill D3 cause all its employees to die of agony, and be crowned the new "Diablo2-LOD" ...wich will immediately cause the second comming of jesus and usher in a new utopia on earth for 12 years...which is strange because D2-LOD exists now and can be played...hardcore fans that dont play..interesting.

Anyway. Good luck on round 3 of " its going to KILL D3 lolololol /troll" ill probably check it out, like it for a week or two and be back here enjoying D3...just like with all those other D3 killers. If i want an archaic ARPG with cruddy combat ill go back to D2.
Edited by Crunchyblack#1871 on 3/4/2013 1:04 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]