Diablo® III

Can't run SNS spec, need help

What pieces do i need to upgrade to run SNS. I get wrecked in mp10 with shocking aspect but when I use prismatic, I run it pretty easy.
Reply Quote
you need 750+ all res (you are at 660)

you need 4500 armor (you are at 3294)

you need 50% crit chance (you are at 42?!)

I really dont understand why you are chasing paper dps, its been said a billion times that sns provides a much higher multiplier than those using prismatic
Reply Quote
So where do I get 90 more res? 1200 more armor? and I need to craft a neck with loh + crit.
Reply Quote
well i net 75 res and 2.5% crit from using a nats set ring/boot

you can get 40+ more res easy from your WH

and you are better off using lacunis with high all res and armor.. its easy to make up that 80int/vit elsewhere (see: my nats ring)

**the easiest route would be to drop your zuni 2 pair for a really good nats combo, then dropping your innas for blackthorns with 450+ loh, high all res, and double stack vit (or armor), then dropping your loh ammy for a high crit chance trifecta

you should be able to get by with 750 loh, i do just fine with 800 running sns on mp10
Reply Quote
also, you can use crystal shell while you are getting to the right level of mitigation

you dont HAVE to get to these levels to make the build work -- you can go for higher hp and less armor -- higher res less armor etc

http://www.unyieldingvalor.com/D3/calcTool.php

this says with prismatic armor and diamond shards, your ehp is at 475k (without prismatic its at 344k)

id shoot for it to be at 450k without prismatic and you should be looking good :-)
Edited by GrizZ#1908 on 3/4/2013 8:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
I like your spec GrizZ.
Reply Quote
thanks niko :-)

i put a lot of time getting all the right pieces (getting the right rings especially) and am really happy with my build... eventually i will switch to a mempo/unity/tripox/zuni chest / cc nats/ 5apoc godly source

but until i come across a couple billion in gold im happy with it
Reply Quote
03/04/2013 08:46 AMPosted by GrizZ
i put a lot of time getting all the right pieces (getting the right rings especially) and am really happy with my build... eventually i will switch to a mempo/unity/tripox/zuni chest / cc nats/ 5apoc godly source
Yep, I've put a lot of time and effort into getting my spec all set up ( http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Niko-2983/hero/1442336 )
Reply Quote
Just switched up my gear a bit, I alrdy had a pretty good neck, +35k dps lol

Bought a witching hour and bt plants
Reply Quote
nice eckz.. i would def keep your other gear for your archon setup if gold isnt an issue..

and damn you niko.. you pretty much have my end game build. ONE DAY! one day....haha, at least now how you as my model to aspire to
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
Yeah....GrizZ has alot of good points. A few other things to consider.

- Drop the crafted shoulders for VW like: 180+ INT, 80+ VIT, 150+ STR, 630+ Armor
- Tal's Chest: 700+ armor, 40+ All Res, crap VIT if you have to.

This should net over 500, maybe even 600 armor...in exchange for ~100 INT and ~100 VIT. That gets your armor to about 4000,....which is still less than respectable for a CM/SNS wiz, but is looking alot better. Remember, as you add armor and all res, you can decrease your dependence on VIT and life, settling in at about 35k life in the end. Don't be too afraid to drop some VIT as you defensively gear up.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
Hey, your post just posted as I was writing mine. With the double VIT roll on the BT pants you DEFINITELY can afford to lose VIT in exchange for All Res and/or Armor. The Tal's chest suggestion now definitely will work. You can get some good deals on Tal's chests's that have alot of armor and all res but very low VIT. This would work perfectly for you.
Same thing with the VW....play around with the VIT requirement. Just remember that 650 armor + 150 STR = an 800 armor VW. That's pretty beefy.

(typically, I'd refer to my toon as an example, but I have quite a few things that I normally use on the AH, so its pretty suboptimal for the moment.)
Edited by PieHole#1628 on 3/4/2013 9:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
03/04/2013 08:49 AMPosted by Niko
Yep, I've put a lot of time and effort into getting my spec all set up ( http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Niko-2983/hero/1442336 )

dat gear
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]