Diablo® III

Do you use EF on MH or off-hand?

For a ww/sprint barb used for farming legendaries!

Also what should i use for the other weapon??
Reply Quote
EF on offhand because that's like the right way to do it. Good luck getting a mainhand EF with 600-1200 dps range.
Reply Quote
If you are using skills that take advantage of its speed then it's okay to use it as a MH. That speed along with the fear% is the reason that many use it as an OH along with a mace (1.2 aps with weapons master) for Sprint:RTTW
Reply Quote
I use mine on my MH, but it only has 13% fear. If things are running away too often then switch to off hand or just play with a cm wiz.

A good off hand weapon is a dagger because of the increase in attack speed. make sure it has crit dmg, str, socket. If you do enough dmg already it doesnt have to have lifesteal. the dagger's dmg should be in the 600-800 range, there's decent ones out there for under 10mil
Reply Quote
Off hand.
Reply Quote
MH... I don't care about the fear on hit. It's nice to nightmare the elites for a change.
Reply Quote
So basically the only reason to have it on the OH while ww is for the fear? If i dont mind the fear put it on MH?

If this is the case ill put it on the MH!

Also could u guys give me a link or post the best in slot items for a sprint/ww barb? Would appreciate it!

Cheers
Reply Quote
@Lave

Yes, if you don't mind the fear you should use it on your MH.

As for the right equipment for each slot, depends on what kind of money you have. My current set up is pretty much the typical way to go. If you have the coin, get movement speed ice climbers. Also I always use an soj, its way better than any other ring- just make sure it has cold dmg, it'll help with the fear from the EF.
You'll want to craft shoulders, gloves, ammy and bracers. If you craft bracers, then you need movement speed on boots and pants.

good luck
Reply Quote
OH. i think my MH does a tad more damage. And it love it when I have mobs fleeing and I pull em back with my sickle.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7923873618

Read post #3. You will understand why EF in MH is not an ideal pick. Your tornado damage is based off the average damage for your mainhand. EF can't roll high average damage unless u spend 100m+ for one and even then they won't have base crit.

I don't want to bash on anyone, but everyone who told u to use EF on Mainhand doesn't even use a cold soj to negate the fear proc. Their tdps is actually significantly lower compared to what they can get for using it on the offhand. I use to have a 10.1% fear EF and even then I could feel a difference in dps potential with a black damage mace.

Socrates is an exception because his EF actually has a decent damage range although the crit is kinda low.
Reply Quote

Read post #3. You will understand why EF in MH is not an ideal pick. Your tornado damage is based off the average damage for your mainhand. EF can't roll high average damage unless u spend 100m+ for one and even then they won't have base crit.

I don't want to bash on anyone, but everyone who told u to use EF on Mainhand doesn't even use a cold soj to negate the fear proc. Their tdps is actually significantly lower compared to what they can get for using it on the offhand. I use to have a 10.1% fear EF and even then I could feel a difference in dps potential with a black damage mace.

Socrates is an exception because his EF actually has a decent damage range although the crit is kinda low.

You're correct about getting an EF with decent stats...they're expensive. I really enjoy my build but I'm the first to admit it took forever to be able to afford a good EF. I believe Phatpho had a thread similar to this one (he tried to talk me out of getting a high end EF) in which he argued against using an EF all together. I happened to agree with his viewpoint, however, my particular build was best suited by what a 1200+dps EF brought to the table. If you're just starting to really gear your barb up then by all means look for an alternative, but if you're too far down the rabbit hole (like me) then save that coin for a serious EF that thumps. Cheers.
Reply Quote
View profile
I have low fear EF and I will NEVER use it on MH. Tornadoes will only proc fear if EF is on MH. I EF is on OH, you only need to worry about you WW causing fear to proc. monsters will be running from your tornadoes constantly if you use EF in MH.

Also, your tornado ticks are determined from the aps of your last weapon swung so you may hit your breakpoint with he dagger but if your MH was the last weapon swung you can kiss that breakpoint goodbye. EF is great because it will also increase the aps of the weapon in the other hand. My axe has an aps of 1.51 Thanks to the EF. Now both weapon swing for greater than 2.5 aps. If I had a dagger, only the dagger would hit the 2.5 breakpoint and the axe would be stuck at below 2.4.
Reply Quote
View profile

You're correct about getting an EF with decent stats...they're expensive. I really enjoy my build but I'm the first to admit it took forever to be able to afford a good EF. I believe Phatpho had a thread similar to this one (he tried to talk me out of getting a high end EF) in which he argued against using an EF all together. I happened to agree with his viewpoint, however, my particular build was best suited by what a 1200+dps EF brought to the table. If you're just starting to really gear your barb up then by all means look for an alternative, but if you're too far down the rabbit hole (like me) then save that coin for a serious EF that thumps. Cheers.

This is a good example of why EFs in the MH are bad value. You can save gold by trying to buy one like this with low +aps mod, but then you are stuck stacking 5 slots of IAS to hit 2.5 on the EF. If you try to buy a higher damage range EF than this and get .24aps+, expect to pay several hundred million. The cost is the primary reason not to MH an EF, not the fear proc.

The price of an effective OH is also much higher. Bloodyzbub's OH has zero str. Trying to get an OH with IAS, high str, high crit and a socket will cost almost as much as the EF MH. This is without LS.
Reply Quote
View profile
The real reason to offhand EF is that it's incredibly expensive to get a EF with good stats AND a high damage range. In the offhand you only have to worry about the stats because the weapon damage won't have a big effect on your dps.
Reply Quote
i got my EF from drop and dont really feel like spending gold on another one.
It's on MH and my barb is so so screwed....:(
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 3/4/2013 1:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
Definitely as off hand, of course its only a valid option if you can afford it/find worth to be placed as one.
Reply Quote
So im looking at some EF right now for my OH and i found 2 within my price range!

Questions is should i go with the one with high weapon dps in like 1.1k but low crit or one in 900 weapon dps but higher crit?
Reply Quote
03/04/2013 02:01 PMPosted by Lave
900 weapon dps but higher crit

This one should give more tdps.

Edit: Make sure its .24 or .25 aps!
Edited by xxxkan#1130 on 3/4/2013 2:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
Questions is should i go with the one with high weapon dps in like 1.1k but low crit or one in 900 weapon dps but higher crit?

higher crit/ .24/.25 IAS. Lowest fear your budget can get you.
Edited by TALIB#1208 on 3/4/2013 2:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
Personally can't stand the fear procs on EF MH even with a cold SOJ.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]