Diablo® III

Do you use EF on MH or off-hand?

15m I grabbed it for. As for bash I hear what you're saying for sure, but I've gotten it down to the point where I have a pattern and repeat. I don't have any issue maintaining bash.

I hear and agree with what you're saying. You've always had excellent advice and I don't know of you remember me but you critiqued me a couple times when I asked for help. You were blunt and straight to the point and after I listened to you I improved. I wouldn't be having this convo if you didn't help so thanks.

so that double str roll ef with 1200ish dps was only 30mil?
Reply Quote
I use my EH in main hand for the CC bonus and it have low fear...

PhatPhoEater to give u in idea I paid mine 480m
Reply Quote
@cartographer
You're correct, except I only run solo with follower who gives me the slight bump up to the next BPs. Not necessarily optimal, but I'd rather run with soj. This will be corrected when I upgrade to better APS EF, but for now, I'm fine running dependant on follower. Multiplayer, I swap in WH or ring to boost APS.

@phat
The EF has a base dmg of 1105dps. The 271 strength is a cheaper alternative to CD for me at the moment. Actually I only paid 20m for it so that would be 35m for both weapons.

I know I got excellent prices for my MH/Oh. Even slightly more expensive, the would still be relatively cheap for what they are.

The ave dmg on the EF is just below 750 I believe. So I made the call to give up to 100 ave dmg (relative to budget) vs high ave dmg mace/axe. In return I got strength/APS and after the ruby was put in, a decent ave dmg for now.
Reply Quote
i had some serious help optimizing my weapons with my budget. I saw a substantial dps in crease going for a resonable damage + strength +socket and at least a .24aps . Paid around 30mil for mine and then 50 mil for my main hand and my dps jumped quite a bit as opposed to the other ef i had in my main hand.

It's also a more convenient set up in my opnion. I think if you have a godly ef though that should take priority over the main hand option.
Reply Quote
@phat
The EF has a base dmg of 1105dps. The 271 strength is a cheaper alternative to CD for me at the moment. Actually I only paid 20m for it so that would be 35m for both weapons.

I know I got excellent prices for my MH/Oh. Even slightly more expensive, the would still be relatively cheap for what they are.

The ave dmg on the EF is just below 750 I believe. So I made the call to give up to 100 ave dmg (relative to budget) vs high ave dmg mace/axe. In return I got strength/APS and after the ruby was put in, a decent ave dmg for now.

Getting good deals on weapons is always great. If you got a mispriced item on buyout, it's hard to say you actually paid fair market price. I spent the past 30mins or so shopping the AH for comparable EFs to yours but with .24aps+. .22aps EFs require too many slots of IAS to efficiently hit the correct bps. I'm seeing some EFs with no bids at 25mil with 1day to go, so 20mil may be a fair price.

Something I hadn't realized before participating in this thread is how the re-worked rubies in weapons can impact EF as a MH option. While its true you give up all that crit damage, getting a mediocre damage range EF like yours but putting it on steroids with a ruby might be a cost efficient way of making it into a usable MH.

This is useful since the main drawback of using the EF in the OH is that you have to sacrifice LS or native crit since you cant get both with a socket. By sacrificing all crit on a MH EF like this, you can now stack LS and native crit and socket with crit in the OH. Getting native crit and crit from socket and LS works out the same as what I usually suggest. MH with big str/socket, no crit, EF OH with str/LS/base crit no socket.

The only problem with this approach is shopping for the right EF. There are so many trash EFs to sift through on the AH. The same problem exists for just finding any good rare mace MHs or EF OHs at a reasonable price. In the end, it's still hard to find a good, cost efficient weapon combo. People get really frustrated when I tell them they have to be patient when buying weapons since you usually cannot find fairly priced items on buyout, even in the lower weapon tiers.
Reply Quote
What are your thoughts on utilizing chance to freeze/stun/immobilize affixes on gear to aid in rooting down mobs. Soj is night an day but now I want more! I've got an awesome plan but I'd rather talk in game, if you're down add me.
Reply Quote
OH, the fear proc is annoying and I don't have a cold SOJ.
Reply Quote
MH, doesn't really bother me that much
Reply Quote
1) WW Build: Fear chance doesn't matter in MH or OH.
2) HoTA Build: Fear chance doesn't matter in MH or OH.
3) Throw Build: Fear chance doesn't matter in MH or OH.

AVGDMG: WW uses the weapon that does more AVGDMG(not DPS) in MH.
AVGDMG: HoTA applies overall AVGDMG(not dps) of both MH and OH.

A throw build EF+300spear is an AWESOME combo.. if you go throw spec, a huge AVGDMG EF is best in slot hands down!
Reply Quote
Fear always matters an needs to be countered.
Reply Quote
I can only find 2 out of these 3 affixes on EF: LS/chd/socket, the socket has to be there so if I use EF as offhand I'm gonna have to find either LS or chd to go with a socket on my MH where I'm also looking for high dmg. I'm not sure that's gonna be cheaper than high-dmg str/socket EF as MH with a low-dmg sword/dagger that rolls LS/chd/socket.

Let's not forget your avg attack speed will be lower with EF @ OH. This lowers your fury regen which may be a big problem.
Reply Quote
[quote]@phat

The only problem with this approach is shopping for the right EF. There are so many trash EFs to sift through on the AH. The same problem exists for just finding any good rare mace MHs or EF OHs at a reasonable price. In the end, it's still hard to find a good, cost efficient weapon combo. People get really frustrated when I tell them they have to be patient when buying weapons since you usually cannot find fairly priced items on buyout, even in the lower weapon tiers.

Hi Phat,

Being patient is key. I hunted for mine for 2 months. Cost me 220m. Nice damage range strength and +0.25. Was it to much, don't really care, it gave me 25k dps boost and it hits hard.I pair this with a Butchers Sickle and a SOJ which I got for 24m.

Cheers
Reply Quote
Its not that easy to find a good EF but its worth a shot ... beware that its not going to be cheap.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]