Diablo® III

Tomb Raider 2013

Is !@#$ing awesome.

some gameplay to illustrate the game's gameplay and graphics

http://youtu.be/CqPJK-R_0Gs
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 3/9/2013 1:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hello understatement!

Having lots of fun with it. Combat is pretty fun once you get some points into 'brawler' for melee abilities. The environments are interesting and fun to navigate around and it's easy enough to see where to go without needing that survival instinct thing. Graphics are very nice looking. The weapon upgrading is fun though straightforward. Just a matter of what you want to take first. Shotgun with flame effect is pure win.

I've only got two complaints about the game not counting bugs/crashes which can be fixed with a patch. First complaint is the QTEs on the keyboard/mouse setup. With the controller, it gives you the button to hit but with keyboard it gives you an icon and says what to hit at the bottom of the screen. Unintuitive but not a deal breaker. The other issues is that all the tombs have been straightforward and easy so far. Unless all the late game ones are more complex, the tombs will be a big disappointment for me.

An excellent reboot and barring some serious screw-up in the latter part of the game, it's the first serious contender for my GOTY.
Reply Quote
Your complaints are valid, but I haven't had the experience of such bugs or crashes yet and playing on Ultimate settings with 60fps or wahtever fps it is i'm not having any choppiness happening,

I find the tombs a more relaxing area where its just puzzle solving whether it's simple to me or hard to some I know all of them don't have enemies or so far none of them have it's a nice touch away from all the killing and it's about how Lara became the Tomb Raider so I don't expect her to be plundering to the maximum extent at the moment. Playing on Hard difficulty first run through. Games have really been at ease these days i'm plowing through without a problem.

It's not a matter of brawler for me although I love swinging the climbing axe around.
I'm having fun just bow'ing people in the face. QTEs could be a bit better. Upgrading is fine I expected something not waaay out of context or super complex for a reboot, hoping future titles will expand on it.

the environments are really well made.
Reply Quote
I've only crashed once and I was able to continue no problem after launching again. I mainly mentioned it because a lot of Nvidia users are having issues. I'm an AMD user :)

I'm wasn't expecting her to be going into lots of large complex tombs like in earlier games, I just want ones that have more than one puzzle to figure out and a chest, which is the only thing I've seen so far (I need to go back to the pre-order tomb since I have the tools to open that one door now). They aren't bad, just disappointing.
Reply Quote
Oh okay, I'm an Nvidia user haven't had the problem though o.O.

Yeah I get the same feeling too; disappointment for some of them. I hope the later tombs are a bit more than the earlier ones... I'm only at the snow area just got there then had to go to class.

The pre-order tomb was alright, it was a bit confusing because it was the first tomb I had to do with no instructions I just tossed lamps into the cloth... with the airplane unless I'm confused with something. Then I tossed one into the cockpit and it didn't light the barrels and boxes so i wanderd for like 10 minutes wondering what to do until I tossed another one in and it lit... *failpalm*
Reply Quote
Hehe, I think the pre-order tomb was the best one so far. Just completed the 6th normal tomb I believe (electric current in the water). It's a ways off if you're still in the snow area. They're all still one puzzle area, a chest and easy to figure out. But at least they aren't simple rehashes of the previous tombs. Each one has you doing something a bit different to solve the, easy, puzzle.

The Nvidia issues vary anywhere from crashing at the start menu to severe fps drops at campfires or no problem at all. Nvidia has issued a statement recognizing the problem so they'll probably push out a driver update in the next few days and Crystal Dynamics will probably push out a patch as well (no surprise there).
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
I've been out of the loop, so I just found out about it the day it came out, from this very thread, in fact. No pre-order goodies for me.

Only played for a few hours last night, and it's really great so far. The only parts I don't like are the "press some button right now, or die" parts when you're fighting, because they totally break the immersion for me. That's just my personal preference, though.

Looks gorgeous on Ultra settings. I got some bad choppy parts on Ultimate. No crashing, except when I first started it. For some reason, I can't play "exclusive fullscreen", and have to settle for what amounts to "windowed" fullscreen.
Reply Quote
I've been out of the loop, so I just found out about it the day it came out, from this very thread, in fact. No pre-order goodies for me.

Only played for a few hours last night, and it's really great so far. The only parts I don't like are the "press some button right now, or die" parts when you're fighting, because they totally break the immersion for me. That's just my personal preference, though.

Looks gorgeous on Ultra settings. I got some bad choppy parts on Ultimate. No crashing, except when I first started it. For some reason, I can't play "exclusive fullscreen", and have to settle for what amounts to "windowed" fullscreen.

exclusive has to do with your monitor settings i think. i personally have mine off so i can Alt tab.
Reply Quote
Hehe, I think the pre-order tomb was the best one so far. Just completed the 6th normal tomb I believe (electric current in the water). It's a ways off if you're still in the snow area. They're all still one puzzle area, a chest and easy to figure out. But at least they aren't simple rehashes of the previous tombs. Each one has you doing something a bit different to solve the, easy, puzzle.

The Nvidia issues vary anywhere from crashing at the start menu to severe fps drops at campfires or no problem at all. Nvidia has issued a statement recognizing the problem so they'll probably push out a driver update in the next few days and Crystal Dynamics will probably push out a patch as well (no surprise there).

oh okay i'm busy doing like.. 100% everything before moving on :P haha, just got to the temple after that waterfall... and completely dodged that very shuddering impale i saw on conan o brien's review and the kotaku gif image... *shudder* i think that's what got me through it without getting impaled.
Reply Quote
Is there a harder than hard difficulty plain hard was too easy
Reply Quote
I'm really looking forward to checking out this game. Unfortunately, MLB: The Show came out on the same day, so Tomb Raider is going to be on the back-burner for a while.

But I'm really glad to see all these positive reviews.
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 08:47 PMPosted by BiznsOfDeath
Is there a harder than hard difficulty plain hard was too easy

Nope unfortunately not, that's just the way most games are these days. Although I am enjoying the adventure part of it for the most part, not looking for some extreme challenge or something, and that's what I'm happy about what the focus was on; the game and the content. maybe the multiplayer part would be harder if you play the ranked. I haven't tried yet.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 3/6/2013 11:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
Metal Gear killer indeed
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]