Diablo® III

Storyline not good for replayability

Hi,

I would like to drop a suggestion for Blizzard regarding the storyline and replayability. One of the things that really annoy me is having to go through all the story line, always having an annoying NPC tagging along (not the follower, which is optional). Sometime it's Cain's girl, sometimes it's Tyrael, sometimes it's that crazy mage with a very childish "evil" laughter. At least in hell maybe we could have a more free access to all the areas without having to listen to NPCs and the story, which is kinda cheesy anyways. Skipping the "phased" events would be great too.

Who do you guys think?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
I don't quite agree with what you are asking, but I wouldn't mind an option that would allow us to skip all of the games chat boxes/dialog without having to hit escape for every instance of it. They could even make it so you couldn't activate it until you have completed normal with at least one hero.
Reply Quote
storyline isn't good enough for even the 1st time, let alone replayability. -_-'

but yea, an option to disable the sequences and stuff would be a relief.
Reply Quote
you missed it. They've already stated that they are not going to put in a "Skip the Stupid Story" option.

I find it very odd myself, that a Video game company, a company that makes GAMES, (or at least supposedly makes games) will alter the actual video game a thousand times over for as long as the game is being played but they won't alter one line of the story, or admit that the story is crap, or give us a break from having to go through that crap story over and over again while playing the game.

How does one acknowledge that a particular class is 'underpowered' and needs a 'buff', but one can't acknowledge that "Look, more hidden footprints" is annoying beyond belief???

Its been said before: Blizz is no longer being run by Creative, artistic people.
Reply Quote
I get that people want to skip parts after having played the same thing over and over, but really, you can just start at the last stage of the last quest of an act, and play whichever part you want. there will be no npc to annoy, no interrupting videos, no stupid dialogues. I didn't really get the complain.
Reply Quote
Plot, writing, and voice acting really kill the story. The story is something people play for, and paid for, and for a big game budget I'm surprised how far the quality has slipped. The bigger the budget, the worse the story?
Reply Quote
Just hit the Esc button

Problem solved in less than a second :-)
Reply Quote
Blizz is trying to force-feed us their storyline down our throats constantly to show ''great'' it is. In the previous two games, no one force-fed them to you as much or at all, like they do here and also, what happened to the waypoints? We can't warp to a new act unless we beat the act or make a new game?

On-topic, I agree that we need something to skip this ''tragedy'' of a story and be able to mute or TURN-OFF all the dialogue and voices we're constantly hearing and observing over and over.
Edited by Treantwuver#1313 on 4/5/2013 11:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizz is trying to force-feed us their storyline down our throats constantly to show ''great'' it is. In the previous two games, no one force-fed them to you as much or at all, like they do here and also, what happened to the waypoints? We can't warp to a new act unless we beat the act or make a new game?

On-topic, I agree that we need something to skip this ''tragedy'' of a story and be able to mute or TURN-OFF all the dialogue and voices we're constantly hearing and observing over and over.

Not all people agree with the vocal negativity that is often seen in these forums. I didn't play D2 as much or ever finish it, but I knew the atmosphere and understood what people were having a knee-jerk reaction too when D3 released. However, I felt people were being a bit extreme and I still feel that way. I enjoy the story, I thought the cliche was there as always with Blizzard but they also kept the dark mysterious cellars and caves and hellish landscapes like the Diablo franchise is known for.
Reply Quote
the ONLY thing that will add repayability to ANY game is "Restrictions"

Such as the d2 Skill tree stat/skill allocation system.

You had to re-roll the same character several times to test out all the builds that you are interested in, which was quite fun and rewarding and would make you want to do this for all the classes.

In d3 they just give you all the skills no point in reroll, just make 1 char per class and your done. log off forever until pvp gets patched.

And story is important in diablo games.

if you dont like it then go play korean mmos, those are as in depth as rap songs.
Edited by David#1201 on 5/10/2013 9:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I agree, the low key story of 1 and 2 was ideal for playing through again. D3's story is far too in your face and makes you feel like you have no control over the gameplay experience. Also where the hell is the map variation? :(
Reply Quote
Im trying to level other characters to 60 and the story is interfering way too much for me to do it enjoyably... its so frustrating theres no option to turn it off on for so many playthroughs!!
Reply Quote
I wonder if it bothers Story-Dev that all the people want of their D3 Story is to shut it up.
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 07:01 AMPosted by ScurvyJoe
I wonder if it bothers Story-Dev that all the people want of their D3 Story is to shut it up.

Hahaha, are you serious? "all the people" ?
Try maybe 100 angry americans that want the game to be faster and faster and faster and not read anything and then complain that the story isnt good.

If you dont care about the story, fine. Hitting Esc to cancel all the events or hitting space to cancel the speechs seem too hard already.
I want a button that does everything for me!
If you dont want to play the game, dont. Simple as that, dont try and come on here and blast the game that millions of people of love so that you can get to your 'MURICA faster.
Reply Quote
Nobody here is paying attention to the fact that Adria and Diablo are the parents of Leah, I mean, seriously, how did Adria freaking survive!?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]