Diablo® III

Help Me Improve My CM Wizard :D

Hey i just recently bought some gear for my wizard with a cm/ww build and now im st6uck on how to improve next. I know i have a gem for my weapon and helm i just havent gotten around to putting them in. The only thing i can think of is getting a good storm crow other then that im lost. If you could look at my wizard and see what i can improve it would be great thanks!

Highdroponic#1972
Edited by HighDroPonic#1972 on 3/4/2013 4:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
Also i just switched evocation to blur in testing some new skill sets
Reply Quote
Move to an IAS wand build instead of socket which will be cheaper as you will only need 53-60% IAS for 2.73aps thus having more EHP/CC slots.

Move to an IAS/CC amulet and gloves

remove strongarm for crafted bracers with CC, knockback is just bad
Reply Quote
thanks alot i will look into your suggestions
Reply Quote
ok so i crafted some bracers, got me a ias wand, using my monks trifecta gloves.got a storm crow.
If anyone else could look at my wizard with these upgrades and give me any other tips to upgrade further?

Looking to get higher dps while maintaining these stats

2.68 AS
45.5 CC
204 CD (needs increase)

1.4K LOH (will be 1K after i change ammy)
Edited by HighDroPonic#1972 on 3/4/2013 8:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
I guess it depends if you want to run Vanilla CM, or run SNS.

SNS is a type of CM which takes advantage of Storm Armor/Shocking Aspect to deal ALOT more damage than a CM with energy armor. As soon as you run Energy Armor/Shocking aspect your damage will increase about 40%.....That's huge!!! But you'll have to add armor (up to 5000) and all res (up to 800) to make up for that. A good place to get to is 4500 armor and 700 all res....and slowly work up from there. That always means dropping some paper DPS......but you'll end up doing more damage in the end.

Check out my guide for more specifics:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004698743

Here is a great post about what running SNS versus normal CM will do for you:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004691927

Cheers!

(post in my guide if you want any further help going down this road! I check there all the time for questions....)
Edited by PieHole#1628 on 3/4/2013 9:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
ok so i crafted some bracers, got me a ias wand, using my monks trifecta gloves.got a storm crow.
If anyone else could look at my wizard with these upgrades and give me any other tips to upgrade further?

Looking to get higher dps while maintaining these stats

2.68 AS
45.5 CC
204 CD (needs increase)

1.4K LOH (will be 1K after i change ammy)

Why 2.68 APS? That's a pretty bad place to be since the WW beakpoints are 2.5 and 2.73. If you don't mind staying at 2.5 you can free up a little IAS, but since you have an IAS wand why not get 3% more IAS and run at the 2.73 breakpoint?
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
@Loro,

2.68 AS, Curious, yes. I had assumed that he would use bubble to reach 2.73. If not, then getting to 2.73 with as faster weapon weapon would be the first priority. In fact, really, the best thing is to not rely on bubbe...and get there on your own. It would mean a 1.79 weapon and some upgrades from 8 to 9 IAS. Or just adding another IAS piece....I'd replace the ammy. No need for the LoH there (not with blackthorne's and stormcrow).
Reply Quote
yes i am planning on getting more ias maybe lucanis or on an amulet.Those were just the stats i currently have and didnt want to drop below them.

This is my first attempt at making a wizard, when you say 2.73 is the "breakpoint" what do you mean?
Edited by HighDroPonic#1972 on 3/4/2013 10:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
Basically, as your attack speed increases there is a corresponding increase in the proc rate of the twisters….but it is not a linear relationship. There are hard stops, or breakpoints, which you must get past in order to realize the benefit. Higher attack speed = faster twisters, more CM proc’s, faster cooldowns, more LoH, better freezing, etc.

AS =2.5001 - 33 ticks/6 seconds
AS =2.7273 - 36 ticks/6 seconds
AS =3.0001 - 40 ticks/6 seconds

Once you go over the 2.73 breakpoint (i.e. 2.7273) you will gain an extra 3 tics per 6 seconds for each WW that you cast. This adds up really fast since there are usually 8-10 or more WW's up at any given time. And I believe that it's more than the 10% increase that you think you'd get from going from 33 to 36. It's a somewhat subtle, but noticeable difference in LoH and freezing enemies, mostly notably. You'll notice it if you play at 2.73 and then [forget to equip an IAS item?!? and] play at the lower 2.5 breakpoint....you'll think, "something's just not right". I've been doing that the last few days since i've had my fast 1.78 Chant Will in the AH and have been forced to play with a crappy slow one that I have laying in my stash.....things just aren't right!

But, since its not a linear relationship, you're not going to see any difference if you're at 2.50 versus 2.7272.......you must be at 2.7273. i.e. being anywhere inbetween a breakpoint will feel like the lower breakpoint. The extra attack speed just gets you more DPS....nothing else.
Edited by PieHole#1628 on 3/4/2013 10:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thx for that detailed instruction i apreciate all the help :)

Just got some lacunis to get me to 2.83 noe and the diffrence is crazy
Edited by HighDroPonic#1972 on 3/4/2013 1:02 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]