Diablo® III

Latest Developer Journal Now Up!

Blizzard your turning this game back into daiblo 2 just making the graphics a little better.
Reply Quote
How about a random gauntlet event that could spawn randomly throughout acts, waves of monsters or even waves of champion/rares! how about that for density?
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 12:10 PMPosted by Lylirra
I would like an update on monster density being increased through acts other then act 3, however. It's nice to have new things to hunt for, but I would also like to enjoy looking for them in acts 1, 2, and 4 without having to waste time traveling dead spots looking for things to kill.

We're looking at making some adjustments to monster density, and right now we'd like to see if we can get those changes in with 1.0.8. The trick with adjusting density is that, by doing so, we could inadvertently create another "most optimal" route in Act I, II, or IV. It's the kind of thing we'll be doing a lot of internal testing on before hand, and likely something we'll want to have up for additional testing on the PTR.

best solution to "optimal route" monster density should be random as well...
Reply Quote
So this all sounds great but I have to agree with some other posts please also include new areas to explore. Be great to make some ctombs or aves with more then 2 levels and maybe even treasusre areas where u need to activate objectives to access the next area. Example maybe u need to pull a hidden lever then you have 1min to pull the next lever for the next room to open. These areas could be secret areas with a higher chance to drop a new Legendary from a chest at the end or super mob pack that has been hidden in this area for years.

Will be very disappoint if this just turns into a new way of introducing new items at supercide the past making it so all the people with money use the AH to upgrade there items again and therefore Blizz profiting once more. I also feel that this game has been released early on the PC with the intent we beta test it so when its released on console its more perfect and a complete game for the benefit of the console horde ;-).

Am i right that now when I kill a iLvl 60 or above I have a higher chance of dropping a ILvl 60+- lower tier legendary with better a roll but also then a lower chance of me getting the higher tier legendary upgrade am after because of the increase in the number of legendary items that will now drop in Inferno?
Reply Quote
AH tooltip compare
Ever wish you could compare the item you are thinking about buying with the item you are wearing? You want it, we want it, and we hope to have it in game soon.

Friggin finally.

However, there are more things you need to fix on the auction house. As it is, finding certain brown items is impossible. Does your Tempest Rush Build on your monk need a Stone of Jordan with Spirit regen? Too bad, can't search for it. Wanna find items bonus damage to your lightning skills? Too bad, can't do it.

To the examples above, there are two things missing. The ability to search for affixes not normally on that particular item slot, and the ability to even search for certain item affixes at all.
Reply Quote
Not a bad start, but I honestly still think that the idea of having all player stats tied to items at its core is the biggest fundamental flaw with this game and any patch attempting to address it without overhauling that element will just be a band-aid fix, to be replaced 6 months down the road with a new band-aid fix as people become bored with the lack of item diversity.

The present setup where all character stats are derived from equipped items creates a situation where the item with the most numbers is always the best one. That stuff you mentioned - the set that gives Ancients 100% uptime, or lets you spawn dual Hydras, those are great concepts and the very stuff Diablo is all about. You know that and I know that, and that's a great start, but nobody's going to use those sets unless they also fulfill the "number one main stat/trifecta" niche as well, which is boring since the set ceases to be optional and becomes mandatory.

I am happy with the fact that you (the devs working on the game now) are more communicative, and that you guys seem to have a solid idea of what makes a Diablo game, well, Diablo. But I think that whether you are willing to admit it here or not, you agree with me. All stats being tied to items is holding creative itemization back and you will never have the "Diablo 2-style" creative item choices until you remedy that, no matter how many cool passives or procs you put on Legendaries and Sets.
Reply Quote
Honestly the game is harder to play. What once was easy to destroy with 40K attack points is now harder and getting killed more often in inferno...Is this part of the new patch?
Edited by RAGNAROG#1922 on 3/5/2013 2:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
Overall, I am pleased with todays announcement, keep up the good work!

....One thing tho.

And I am sorry that it has nothing to do with todays blog-post. But I would really like to play Diablo some more than I currently can because of headaches and the fact that I see double after a couple of hours.

This is due to the awful fuzziness the game is rendered in, so I have to strain my eyes constantly. (Yes, I am wearing my glasses, hehe)

The 3rd party Shader Filter, Darkd3, which you all probably is aware of, I can't use for fear of banning.

Would it be possible, to make two graphical settings for the game?

Normal (Fantasy fuzziness)
Gothic (Dark Sharp)

Anyways, have an nice evening and thx a bunch for the news!

Over and out from Denmark.
Edited by KingD#2483 on 3/5/2013 2:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
if you're worried about creating a "most optimal route" then why not just leave things they way they are with monster density... there will always be a most optimal route that was a pretty silly thing for a blue to even say

plus the way to fix this whole issue would be to just allow players to travel to any waypoint in the game from whatever waypoint they currently happen to be. this would open up many possibilities for farming routes and would make the game far more interesting.

not to mention you should also make every boss ALIVE where he normally spawns despite what quest you're on in the game. at this point no one cares about the story line anymore and it would be nice to have the freedom to kill any boss you want in whatever order you want.[/quote]
BUMPD
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 02:10 PMPosted by Travis Day
Wizards don't use Strength, Demon Hunters don't use Intelligence so let's just remove those as potential random attributes on Orbs and Quivers respectively.

As silly as it may sound to some though I do enjoy a little dex on my Wizard just for the dodge chance (it can do wonders with Freezing mobs for example) so while Str isn't that useful by itself on an item that doesn't also roll armor I feel like Dex has a little more utility at least for a Wizard.
Reply Quote
Please just make the game harder already, this is for babies
Reply Quote
if you're worried about creating a "most optimal route" then why not just leave things they way they are with monster density... there will always be a most optimal route that was a pretty silly thing for a blue to even say

plus the way to fix this whole issue would be to just allow players to travel to any waypoint in the game from whatever waypoint they currently happen to be. this would open up many possibilities for farming routes and would make the game far more interesting.

not to mention you should also make every boss ALIVE where he normally spawns despite what quest you're on in the game. at this point no one cares about the story line anymore and it would be nice to have the freedom to kill any boss you want in whatever order you want.

People are willing to give up a little optimization for comfort or variety. Getting them close is good enough that some people will choose to farm somewhere else. In fact, a blue said this a long time ago.
Edited by Kupo#1759 on 3/5/2013 2:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
Jumping in to support a few points that have already been made by other players:

I don't think guaranteeing legendaries from first boss kills is a good idea. I recently finished leveling a wizard to 60 using only self found/ crafted gear, and I can tell you that the game and itemization from 0-60 is more or less fine as it is- crafting, boss and elite pack drops are all well balanced and make playing self found up until 60 and up through hell very possible, and actually quite fun. Guaranteeing legendaries would throw off this balance, and such a system would be ripe for abuse by players who simply continuously level alts to take advantage of this mechanic.

03/05/2013 02:12 PMPosted by Mith
Guaranteed Legendaries on first-time boss kills? By definition that is not farming.

Basically this.

I'm also ecstatic for the proposed changes to Thorns damage, and hope that makes it into the game sooner rather than later-along with the class specific items mentioned in the blog, in particular the orb that allows 2 Hyrdas at once.

On the whole I'm loving the idea you guys have been unveiling recently, and will be stoked to see them actually make it into the game.
Reply Quote
Great to hear this exciting news. This will definitely bring back more players to D3 and maybe some new players.

GJ Blizz!
Reply Quote
Hi Travis Day!

Really like these proposed changes. I am however a little concerned about how you guys plan to implement the new affixes like "Ethereal"

Will it only be on one ledge boot that you can get this? I hope not :/ cos otherwise we will have the problem that there is only one boot to choose from, kinda like the skorn problem if ur a 2hander build.

I suggest you guys allow these new affixes to roll on all items. You guys could even go as far as to make them act as an additional affix, added above the standard.

Say 1/100 rares or 1/20 ledge will roll these new affix. This will allow for really unique items as well as promoting diversity.

03/05/2013 02:10 PMPosted by Travis Day
diversity is the spice of life.

You said it :)
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 02:35 PMPosted by Arthur
Please just make the game harder already, this is for babies

Diablo has NEVER been about difficulty. Besides.. it's impossible to make such a simple game "hard." It with either be farm-able to everyone, or a gear check (lame to say the least).

anyways.. this is the single greatest post that has been made since the release of this broken game ;D
Reply Quote
Multi Craft
We want to make it easier to craft lots of items, so we plan on giving players the ability to specify how many of an item they want to craft and then to make that many. Want to make 20 Archon Shoulders of Dexterity? Cool, push the button and watch it go.

I am assuming this will include gems. I hope.
Reply Quote
Looks like we're getting closer to the end of beta!

Keep up the good work guys, you're almost there : )

^ this qft

but yeah, keep it up :)
Reply Quote
You are in the right direction. more ideas :

* the MP lvl could have an impact on the rolls, i.e. the harder mp lvl you play, the better rolls could be.
* players could be able to choose at least one affix they need, i.e. LS for 1M, allres for bracers...
* upgradable items, .
* transform all the original crafting plans "account bounded" and efficient like you did with archon ones.
* remove affixes like "+ x damage mini" or "+ y damage maxi" by ONLY range ones i.e. x-y

Above ideas = awesome.

Free roam in all Acts again needs to come back. Quest based game choice is just not fun. Games should be viewed by list and titled by players again, period. Old system was never broken

ID all rare items is LONG overdue.
Edited by Derpalator#1149 on 3/5/2013 2:47 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]