Diablo® III

Latest Developer Journal Now Up!

read through this stuff pretty quickly, but I must say most of it sounds awesome, taking a lot of steps in the right direction very quickly keep up the good work!
Reply Quote
"Targeted Legendaries". You just said the magical words here.

Let some monsters have higher chance of droping certain items, or better yet: Create a Treasure Hunter NPC or something like that.

For some amount of gold, it tells you a route in the game (randomly generated each time) that has a higher chance to drop the item you want or maybe with the affixes you want.

This way I'd definitely step away from the AH and start killing monsters again!
Edited by Darkness#1980 on 3/5/2013 3:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
First of all Thank all of You guys, Travis, Wyatt and Lylirra you really did a great job today.

One more thing, can you please give us a word about waypoint to all acts ? You are going to solve almost all my problems with the game, would be silly not to solve this last little one right :) ?
Are you consider it ? Is there any chance we will get this in the near future or in the future at all ?
Reply Quote
pretty good overall read. I hope that legendaries make the lacklustre skills viable to barbs. Alot of skills are useless for the most part and if they make more legendaries like "The Three Hundredth Spear" then great!

For now i will sit back and wait it out and have a small break.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
edit: You talking about the itemization stuff in the blog? thats it?
what about class balance?

For right now (since 1.0.8 is still being developed), we aren't going to have a lot of additional details to share about what's included in the patch. As development continues, though, we'll be sure to share more information -- most likely in the form of a patch preview blog like we've done in the past, as well as just talking about stuff in here in the forums.

The distinction I was making with my previous post is that most of the changes Travis' discussed in his blog aren't coming with 1.0.8, but are instead being planned for sometime after 1.0.8 ships.

(PS - HI WYATT. HI TRAVIS.)
Reply Quote
I like the idea of increasing the odds of a good roll for legendaries based on what MP level the weapon was farmed. This would increase the chances that the weapon will be useful for the person that found the item. It would also screw up the unid economy though.
Reply Quote
Regarding class balance in the future, I just hope DH get as much love as Monks and Wizards have been getting.
Reply Quote

The distinction I was making with my previous post is that most of the changes Travis' discussed in his blog aren't coming with 1.0.8, but are instead being planned for sometime after 1.0.8 ships.

Sorry but it is hard to follow. What features or changes are not included in patch 1.0.8 ?
Reply Quote
Ok pls get back to work now :)

[/quote]

Sorry but it is hard to follow. What features or changes are not included in patch 1.0.8 ?[/quote]
all the stuff he said about items.
Edited by Ketchup#1231 on 3/5/2013 3:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
Does this mean that the current legendary items may be offset by potentially stronger versions of the same? i.e. stronger versions of current lvl 62 and 63 legendary items?
Reply Quote
[quote]You are in the right direction. more ideas :

* the MP lvl could have an impact on the rolls, i.e. the harder mp lvl you play, the better rolls could be.

Thats not good actualy, because rich people that farm mp10 will farm even better and will become richer while mortals still farming badly. =/

The impact on the rolls should be the same for everyone.

Agreed.
Magic Find should be the stat for it though (having an impact on quality)
MP should only increased the rate
Reply Quote
Ok I've finally caught up on all the responses in every location I could find them! This blog was written a while ago and between when I wrote it and when we released it a lot more relevant ideas came up so I want to mention a couple of them. I'm going to keep this short and to the point so I can get back to working on actually improving the game instead of talking about it. ;)

In addition to the changes we introduce in 1.0.8 we also have longer term plans to address issues that need more attention. I mentioned a lot of these long term plans in the blog and outlined some of our philosophies that will drive the itemization of Diablo forward. One of those ideas that I saw mentioned repeatedly in response to the blog is the fact that class specific items can roll non class appropriate primary stats, we have plans to change this down the road. While random really is at the core of Diablo in so many ways this is certainly one of the areas where it has no potential to benefit players. Wizards don't use Strength, Demon Hunters don't use Intelligence so let's just remove those as potential random attributes on Orbs and Quivers respectively.

Thank you for all the inputs, it's good to read these and see what's coming up.

One more suggestion, regarding what you said in the last paragraph about random attributes on orbs and quivers.

What about those random attributes on weapons and other things. I found a rare shield yesterday, and one of the attributes did something (can't remember exactly what it did) - let's say 10% damage increase to Hungering Arrow (the HA part I remember correctly) - and then it said "DH only," or whatever that standard statement is that indicates that line only applies to a particular character.

On the other hand, you could let a DH carry a shield on their back, I'd take the DPS increase lol.

Thanks again for all the info.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/05/2013 03:11 PMPosted by Titebiere
Sorry but it is hard to follow. What features or changes are not included in patch 1.0.8 ?

No worries. :) The only changes we've confirmed to be working on for 1.0.8 so far are Identify All, a new multi-craft option, monster density adjustments, and AH comparison tooltips. Travis sums everthing up quite nicely here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8087879561?page=4#76

The other changes in Travis' blog are being discussed for after 1.0.8.
Reply Quote
I was thinking about if you change the itemization... couple things:

1. Player count of D3 players.
2. Amount of useless rolls generated (I.e. Intelligence of Quiver)
3. Effect on Auction House.

To clarify - The thrill behind an auction house is being able to buy something that is better than what you have, or tuned to your needs. That being said, if you remove Intelligence from Quiver rolls, won't that just flood the auction house with 10000s of the same item? I'm just thinking right now if there are good rolls, they are sold rightfully so, and changing this dynamic would essentially have a drastic impact on the Auction House, so instead of say 10-20 of an item, there are now 5000 of it.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
Please don't give in to easily into all this nagging.

Example crafting:

In D2 people said they had enormous fun cubing large charms for that great skiller with 45 life. Do you know how many clicks it took to just craft ONE of those charms? From picking up gems to upgrading them to finally cubing the charm it took about 24 clicks. 24!!!! For just one item.

Nowadays you just need 3 clicks per crafted item. And chances were just as high for a good roll. If you start dumbing this down into i afk while crafting people will demand to afk while salvaging and then they will demand to afk while looting and farming.

Same thing goes for finding good rares. In D2 people would carry 5 items go back to town and identify stuff (only to be disappointed).

Don't dumb things down to much!! There has to be a cooldown phase, if you just reduce everything to nonstop AoE farming monsters the game will be much less appealing.

This includes the Act 3 Xp/hour !@#$ that is going on. Just remove the crater mob density or reduce the xp of the large packs drastically. You can not increase other areas' density to that level and expect people to have a feeling of real combat if it's just screenfiller after screenfiller.
Reply Quote
Can we also have the ability to waypoint anywhere in the game please? It'd be so much more fun being able to do a run that traverses all acts in ANY order while keeping NV stacks and without leaving the game to re-create.
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 03:15 PMPosted by Lylirra

No worries. :) The only changes we've confirmed to be working on for 1.0.8 so far are Identify All, a new multi-craft option, monster density adjustments, and AH comparison tooltips. Travis sums everthing up quite nicely here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8087879561?page=4#76

The other changes in Travis' blog are being discussed for after 1.0.8.

Thank you :)

If you could add an option for 1.0.8 to not have to confirm eveytime we want to salvage a rare item that would be awesome too :p I understand why you have to confirm, but that's really annoying..
Reply Quote
For Wyatt Cheng:

A system change I would like to see is with respect to the UI: Please find a clever way to present all/more of our buffs to us. 5 is not enough.

While my internal 3-second clock is getting quite good (Mantra spam), I would still very much like to SEE it one day. Never getting to see such a core game mechanic for Monks is really quite unfortunate. Let alone all the other information that I am not seeing!

Buffs are awesome. Yep!

Thanks for all your hard work!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]