Diablo® III

Ideas for Stat point and Skill points

Currently we have one static stat point Dexterity that we must reach caps of in order to reach enough survival and damage. In upcoming patching it should be noted that Demon hunters benefit the most from stacking Dex, Critical hit chance, Critical hit damage, Attack Speed, Vitality as your gear improves. The downside to this all is switching to monk gear for that slight critical hit chance advantage to stretch the limits of your all resistance. To bridge the gap in gear skill runes should be an interactive part of building your character. Runes should allow a player to engage with their statistic points to reduce and increase levels of stats based on rune skills used in the passive slots considering how restricted the class is to using Crit hit damage to keep maximum crit hit tic's hitting.

The demon hunter class and every other class for that matter should have some open base stat manipulation open to the player through some form of customization. This will allow for small amounts of build diversity for top end PVP players and could open the game to the player engaging more with the games interface. I feel that in Diablo 2 being able to swap sets of weapons was also a great addition to the game that did not get the customization deserved to such a handy tech switch.

There are many roads towards getting this game designed into it's full potential. Taking the wrong steps now after a terrible showing for patch 1.07 could be a huge blow to the capacity of this game ever being improved upon. Class balance needs to be patched soon because both demon hunters and witch doctors are in need of skill changes that are long over due. I will say that I am pleased to see the monk and wizard improved.

Do you believe that you should be able to manipulate your based stat points based on your paragon level or passives or base skill runes?

Thanks for reading.
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 03:34 PMPosted by Herbalizer
In upcoming patching it should be noted that Demon hunters benefit the most from stacking Dex, Critical hit chance, Critical hit damage, Attack Speed, Vitality as your gear improves.

is that... different than now?

I don't see the solution to any of the problems coming from us not being able to customize our base stats. if this were to be allowed, I'd like to make exchanges like "Trade 100 Intelligence for 5 Disc" or "Trade 100 Strength for 20 Hatred"
Reply Quote
That would be completely within the bounds of reason. Allowing passives to interface with how the stat points would be allocated could add a great amount of diversity to builds.
Reply Quote
That was one of the more esoteric reads I've had on these boards. Was pretty sure the OP was under some sort of influence, then read the name of the OP as herb and understood.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]