Diablo® III

RIP throw barb

So the story goes like this.

I was in a public game and we cleared keeps 2 without any issues. Went on to kill Ghom and all was going well.

First step into the battlefields area and there lies 2 packs of elites:

Melee with molten, vortex, etc
Flyer with molten, vortex, arcane, etc

Got repeatedly sucked into vortex and couldn't escape even with my sprint. Teammates nowhere to be found (even though i had texted "e" when i first engaged). No one came to help. Sigh.

So gg i guess. Will not be doing pub games for a very long time now.

Below link for the pics.

http://imgur.com/gPRypPf
http://imgur.com/KJNYLoH

RIP my dear barb..

added the other pic
Edited by Arakon#1992 on 3/2/2013 9:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
Most people don't use e for elites and probably don't even know what it means. The "standard"for elites is 1 (number 1) or 2 for double packs.

Doubt it would have made a difference but something to keep in mind, I guess.

Sorry for your death - one really should be able to completely survive solo before doing pug games because you can never rely 100% even on your best friends or best players for whatever reason may be.
Reply Quote
Yeah i guess, but i remember them using e previously in keeps 2. Somehow the game just wanted me dead at that time by sending 2 nasty packs at me when i'm alone lol.

Also, i have no problem doing solo. Just bad luck i guess.

Lesson learnt - never stray off alone :)
Reply Quote
RIP
Reply Quote
View profile
RIP.

The game/monster algorithm will sometimes throw a double pack with the worst combination of possible affixes for your class. It's meant to keep you on your toes (especially if you been just clearing out content easily to that point) and something one should always be prepared for (solo or co-op).

It's why I approach areas where the keywardens are with a more defensive line of thinking since occasionally, there is a double pack near them.
Reply Quote
RIP

It seems like WotB would have saved you there, and it wasn't on cooldown. Also, why don't you use Thrive on Chaos? And, if I were you, I would have used Gangway instead of Marathon, to get out of surrounds.
Reply Quote
It's not like no one realised, but I bet you they were too scared to TP to you. I mean if your life was draining fast, most people would wait it rather than risking their life jumping into what could be in the middle of waller frozen desecrator/arcane.

Not many PUG would risk their life saving you.
Edited by Darmali#6533 on 3/3/2013 1:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Murasama

True, i'm gonna play with that kind of mindset in the future lol.

@Bottle

Yeah i tried activating WotB but unfortunately was short on fury and couldnt get fury without stopping (which could mean i would die faster)

Now that u mention it, Gangway seem like a really good choice for throw barbs. But i'm not gonna risk it again in HC, trying it on SC instead :D

@Darmali

I dunno man.. I held out for a good 15-20 sec before dying and none of them came. IMO if even 1 of them had come, i would have a very good chance of surviving.

And yeah, pugs are eventually pugs, they wouldnt care about anyone else =\
Reply Quote
Rip

but dude seriously....not trying to be an ar_se or something:

50k hp
no heal from skills
3 dps passive
only heal from belt.

You must be so much better than I, because I could never ever play like this. For me, this is like a complete checklist to die horribly.
Edited by Vapala#1688 on 3/3/2013 3:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah I think seriously i'm not ready with that gear lol.

Thanks for all the input.

This is my first HC death and it is really sad for me. Gonna stack more eHP for my new chars :)
Reply Quote
RIP.

Unfortunately your lack of fury in your build killed you.

If you had Ancient Spear- Skirmish rune, combined with Warcry

you could of popped Wotb. Weapon Throw rune that would of helped, was

Ricochet. You would of hit 3 targets each time. Anyways good luck on your next Barb.
Reply Quote
RIP,

"Lesson learnt - never stray off alone :)"

RIP...
Reply Quote
Rip

but dude seriously....not trying to be an ar_se or something:

50k hp
no heal from skills
3 dps passive
only heal from belt.

You must be so much better than I, because I could never ever play like this. For me, this is like a complete checklist to die horribly.

You are melee. You have more need of self healing and EHP than he does.
Reply Quote
Even as a ranged you need strong heals, there will always be a case like this where you are forced to go melee.
Reply Quote
It's a far way to the battlefields from town. And flagging into a double elite to a player who's playstyle could be wreckless is asking for trouble.

It's not necessarily that the group was unreliable. It's that you weren't reliable.
Reply Quote
RIP. I hope you can come back better and stronger with your next character.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]