Diablo® III

Is it 3.00 or 3.01?

I'm currently at 2.84AS right now and looking to hit the next breakpoint for ET. When I pop Bubble/Stretch Time it shows 3.00, however, Ghom seems to move just slightly less frequently. Then I went and tested it with bubble/stretch time plus sorceress, and it didn't feel very much different without her.

Can I get a simple-ish answer please? :3

And does that breakpoint produce the old permafreeze where even single target can't move?
Reply Quote
Short answer, you're above the 3.0 breakpoint with your 82% IAS and 1.65 Chanto.

The breakpoint is just above 3.0, so 3.00001. I usually call it the 3.0 breakpoint for that reason, because 3.01 is actually slightly above it. However, a lot of people use the 3.01 notation because that way if you have 3.01 APS in your char sheet details, then you're at the breakpoint, but if it says 3.0, you don't necessarily have enough (it could be 2.995 rounding up to display 3.00, for example).

I use a reference table to make it easy to see, which is just a list of weapon base speeds and IAS on weapons, then a bunch of columns that show what amount of IAS on gear I need to reach a given breakpoint. I find it very useful.
Reply Quote
it's like 3.001. if you have 2.995, that will show 3.00 on your character sheet but you won't be making the breakpoint. you have to do the math yourself.

in your case, stretch time puts you at 3.003.
Reply Quote
The WW breakpoints are more about Apoc & LOH return through more twisters cast. Freeze strength is based on CC triggering the CM proc.
Reply Quote
The breakpoints also increase CM procs because of the extra WW tics, so it does increase freeze uptime pretty decently.

Also, I didn't read the bottom question but there is no perma freeze where a single (or 2 targets) don't move at all. Perma freeze for Ubers is where you can keep Kulle from teleporting when he's stacked with SB. It doesn't get much better, though some people can keep Mag from casting too many sentries with some high APS or using 2 CMWW. SK still can do his walk attack at times, even with high APS.
Reply Quote
I see, the ET ticks is calculated before rounding, whereas the character sheet value is rounded. So 10% from Slow Time or a 10% IAS chant will put me just over 3.00001 break point.

About the ubers, looks like it's been answered in other 2.74 vs 3.00 topics - that the stun lock isn't much different. My bad for not searching.

Thanks for the answers.
Reply Quote
just do it the easy way, take your weapon APS * attack speed for your true unrounded APS.

So with a 1.65 chant, 1.65*1.68 (if you had 68% attack speed total)
Reply Quote
I see, the ET ticks is calculated before rounding, whereas the character sheet value is rounded. So 10% from Slow Time or a 10% IAS chant will put me just over 3.00001 break point.

About the ubers, looks like it's been answered in other 2.74 vs 3.00 topics - that the stun lock isn't much different. My bad for not searching.

Thanks for the answers.

IAS on weapons is treated differently than IAS on gear. At high IAS levels you gain more APS from 10% IAS on your chanto than the slow time bubble. With a +0.25 APS Chanto with 10% IAS (1.4*1.1+0.25 = 1.79 APS from weapon) you only need 68% IAS from gear to reach 3.0 breakpoint, compared to the 82% with a non IAS Chanto.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]