Diablo® III

This is HC, Let's buy life insurance.

The idea just dawn on me after a near death experience. Some of you veteran might already have it but there are many of us who don't :)

1). Choose a class that you love to play the most.

2). With all the pwr leveling serving around (2-3mil), get that character to 60.

3). With all the new crafting recipe, Make some upgrades for you main guy, If you don't get any
upgrades it's ok! Make sure to SAVE the one that comes close for you new 60!

I made a mistake by salvaging every crafting items last night because it wasn't an upgrade for me....yeah i pretty much just facepalm after i realized what i did.

So with your paragon main, make gold/find items etc. Once you have a decent amount, start buying/crafting a new set for you new 60. Since we all face the inevitable one day, having life insurance is not so bad.

Good luck all and stay alive!
TheHammer.
Reply Quote
Even better would be to level a backup character and gear him with your previous pieces after an upgrade.
Reply Quote
I think I save too much backup gear lol. I have like 3-4 nicely crafted shoulders, gloves, chests, and bracers for each stat (int/str/dex) that I am saving. I also have about 3 full mp1-2 worthy backup barb sets as well. I am running out of mule space with the 10 character limit and should probably get rid of some of it soon haha
Reply Quote
03/04/2013 10:06 AMPosted by Vekz
I think I save too much backup gear
Reply Quote
03/04/2013 10:06 AMPosted by Vekz
I think I save too much backup gear lol. I have like 3-4 nicely crafted shoulders, gloves, chests, and bracers for each stat (int/str/dex) that I am saving. I also have about 3 full mp1-2 worthy backup barb sets as well. I am running out of mule space with the 10 character limit and should probably get rid of some of it soon haha

Oh my...i'll be happy to take away your trash for you kind sir!
Reply Quote
Whenever I get a new item, the old item for that slot goes into my "replacement set". I then sell the item from my replacement set. This way, I'm only 1 step back from where I last started. I've also realized I could have really just "stored" those items on the AH: Sell them for gold, and make sure I don't spend that gold. If the HC AH wasn't so illiquid and sporadically populated, I'd do just that.

Instead, I've got 2-3 mules. Crafting makes this all worse. I wouldn't really mind the whole bind-on-account thing in SC. In HC, I feel like I need to be several items deep on each craftable item slot, since the market value of anything I craft is literally zero.

Making all even worse: I like playing Monks mainly. You have to roll the right resist. If I found a decent cold resist shoulder, I'd usually try and find someone to trade with for a Fire resist one. Barring that, I'd sell it on the AH and try to buy one. With these craftable items, I've been keeping the best of each resist for each slot. If I wind up with gold items in 3 or more slots for a given resist, now I have to think about changing resist. So naturally, I'm saving the best items I find of each resist in all item slots....

Yeah... I kinda store a lot of stuff.

You can probably avoid all this if you just keep, say, 10% to 20% of what you spend on your character in a cash reserve. (Or however much you decide.) This way, you don't have to start over from scratch.
Edited by Demiwraith#1534 on 3/4/2013 10:52 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]