Diablo® III

Serious Gold Value Depreciation

those black market gold spams kinda saddend me, it shows current gold value as 0.11 usd per million.

Massive oversupply of gold has depreciate gold value severely, and the items gold price inflate badly.

something need to be done before gold worth 0.05 usd per million.

blizzard need to remove the number one source of oversupply gold, the paragon level Gold Find.
Reply Quote
Botters use gold find and pickup gear so they don't really care about paragon GF.

Real players are the ones going to be nerfed by this idea.

Is that really the best solution you can come up with?
Reply Quote
we should suffer because you put a $ on gold.

This game certainly has
Reply Quote
it gold doesnt have any value, it means people can buy billions of gold cheaply, and normal players cant compete on the same playing level with them.
Reply Quote
Oh noes! Fake economy is crumbling!

Can I still enjoy myself and play? I'll do that and you can pull your hair out over black market prices for an artificial economy.
Reply Quote
I think you guys should take this a bit more seriously because this not only affects the RMAH but also the GAH too (and more severely towards the GAH side).
Reply Quote
Actually, the current market value of gold is $0.25 per million, and I know because in the last 3 months I have bought $425 worth of gold, all at $25 per G100,000,000.

By the way, that makes my total investment in this game $485!

StonOld
Sorry to have to tell you this but people have been buying 1 billion for about 88-110 bucks for some time now.
Edited by speedforce#1637 on 3/5/2013 6:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
That isn't the current value, the gold sellers are panicking and keep dropping price because no one is buying them from them anymore, gold is cheap enough to buy on the rmah and its safer and you wont risk an account ban or being scammed.
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 06:28 PMPosted by Cybralisk
That isn't the current value, the gold sellers are panicking and keep dropping price because no one is buying them from them anymore, gold is cheap enough to buy on the rmah and its safer and you wont risk an account ban or being scammed.
Yes that is the current value. Because I have 560 million right now trying to pawn it off and nobody will buy. How to find the true value of gold is through the price of gems. I bought 82 dollars worth of gems, sold it on the AH for the cash and I'm supposed to reap the profits due to the difference in price, but nobody will buy my gold because it is not selling at .25 per mil. People buy from black market more than legit.

just a fyi, here's how it went down

82.90 = 22 Radiant Star Emeralds
22 RSE's on GAH = ~638m, 542m after fees
combining it with what I already had, I put up 560m for sale @ .25 per mil, 140 bucks list price.

Still hasn't sold yet. As you can see, I was supposed to make a clean profit off of the difference in price of RSE's and gold but gold will not sell b/c .25 is not the true price of gold.
Edited by speedforce#1637 on 3/5/2013 6:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
current gold value as 0.088 usd per million.

Corrected for ya, info taken from Owned Core.
Edited by shndany#1826 on 3/5/2013 6:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
It's just a game. Seriously, are people paying their rent by selling D3 gold? I am glad gold is cheap. I am waiting for it to be less than a $0.01 / mil.
Reply Quote
oh god, gold value plungs again....

i suggest you guys to read the blizzard ToS, even if you buy the item, we dont own it legally, we lease the right to use the item...
Reply Quote
this will be real bad. good legendaries will cost billions of gold if the inflation is severe....
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 06:46 PMPosted by Moe
It's just a game. Seriously, are people paying their rent by selling D3 gold? I am glad gold is cheap. I am waiting for it to be less than a $0.01 / mil.
+1

Plus I wouldn't buy any at that price either. If a game can't be played and won without pay2win, then I won't play it.

Did you ever wonder if blizzard just "mints" their own gold and then just puts it on the AH? I sure did. After all, 100% revenue is better than 20% (or whatever it is - I don't even remember anymore - and that's a good thing).
Reply Quote
They could make all items bound on equip that would make an effective gold and item sink in one
Reply Quote
Edited by Cybralisk#1696 on 3/5/2013 9:08 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]