Diablo® III

Serious Gold Value Depreciation

03/05/2013 06:36 PMPosted by speedforce
That isn't the current value, the gold sellers are panicking and keep dropping price because no one is buying them from them anymore, gold is cheap enough to buy on the rmah and its safer and you wont risk an account ban or being scammed.
Yes that is the current value. Because I have 560 million right now trying to pawn it off and nobody will buy. How to find the true value of gold is through the price of gems. I bought 82 dollars worth of gems, sold it on the AH for the cash and I'm supposed to reap the profits due to the difference in price, but nobody will buy my gold because it is not selling at .25 per mil. People buy from black market more than legit.

just a fyi, here's how it went down

82.90 = 22 Radiant Star Emeralds
22 RSE's on GAH = ~638m, 542m after fees
combining it with what I already had, I put up 560m for sale @ .25 per mil, 140 bucks list price.

Still hasn't sold yet. As you can see, I was supposed to make a clean profit off of the difference in price of RSE's and gold but gold will not sell b/c .25 is not the true price of gold.

I beg to differ, im not having any problem selling gold. I sold 300 mil last night doing the same thing you did profiting off the rmah gem prices and i sold 500 mil two weeks ago
Reply Quote
They should just remove gold from the RMAH. It's a big middle finger to legit players. It's sad when the publisher itself thoroughly encourages skipping the grind to make a quick buck.
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 08:35 PMPosted by Blashyrkh
They should just remove gold from the RMAH. It's a big middle finger to legit players. It's sad when the publisher itself thoroughly encourages skipping the grind to make a quick buck.

Sorry, I think you need to change your definition of legit.
Reply Quote
I think they're planning to add more gold sinks in 1.08 ..1.09 might be too late.
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 06:46 PMPosted by Moe
I am waiting for it to be less than a $0.01 / mil.

And that still be too expensive for this game. =D
Reply Quote
A few notes:

First, gold is actually down to 7c/Mil, seems like all the spammers are at that level as of today.

Second, Blizzard has set a price floor and cap, and that causes market distortion of the real value. What you'd really want is just to unlock the AH gold price and let it settle as low as is real. Also let prices rise into unlimited levels. The 15% tax will then vacuum a great deal more gold out of the economy. The reality is that there is a lot of gold out there, and it's concentrated in the hands of people with no use for it. The value is only as high as it is because of the transfer risk. The real market value is probably only 1-2c/Mil.

Third, in such a market, what you want to do is buy into an asset based fund. Buy whatever you think is least likely to have its relative value eroded. As one example, I'm currently investing in high level gems, which I can't see Blizzard ever deciding to make useless, even as they might make changes to legendaries that make current equipment obsolete.

I'm also putting some of my funds into weapons that are excellent except for lack of socket, on the assumption that one of the next changes they are likely to make is going to be a socket-adding quest.

Anyway, my overall point is that this is a market focused game, learn to play the game you have, not the game you want it to be.
Reply Quote
I don't know any other way to buy gold, except in the RMAH, and there, the price is $25 per G100M ($21.25 for the seller).

Unless a guy with a truckload of gold meets me in a game and drops it for me to pick up (can you do that?) and then I pay him for it, which is a risky transaction on both sides of the doubloon.

StoneOld

You haven't noticed the player trade window?

Just buy gold from a spammer who takes credit card. If they don't deliver, dispute the charge with visa. Buying from spammers is perfectly safe if you do it on CC.
Reply Quote
Just buy gold from a spammer who takes credit card. If they don't deliver, dispute the charge with visa. Buying from spammers is perfectly safe if you do it on CC.

hell even if they do deliver, dispute it anyway. if you use a credit card you win 100%

that'll show dem chinese goldsellers
Reply Quote
maybe make gold region-specific. Chinese botters can only sell Asia server gold in Asia. No idea if this is already the case.

I want to buy illegal gold from good old fashioned American botters!
they tirrrkk errrr JERRRBBSS!!
Edited by xJNx#1314 on 3/7/2013 5:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm also putting some of my funds into weapons that are excellent except for lack of socket, on the assumption that one of the next changes they are likely to make is going to be a socket-adding quest.

Anyway, my overall point is that this is a market focused game, learn to play the game you have, not the game you want it to be.

Hmm, irony?
Reply Quote
those black market gold spams kinda saddend me, it shows current gold value as 0.11 usd per million.

Massive oversupply of gold has depreciate gold value severely, and the items gold price inflate badly.

something need to be done before gold worth 0.05 usd per million.

blizzard need to remove the number one source of oversupply gold, the paragon level Gold Find.
Its bots that is the problem. Quite honestly it takes quite a while to gather a million gold. Furthermore its very hard to find items that can sell for a lot.
Problem is that countless of thousand bots are running 24/7 gathering billions of gold, and normal people just cant compete with that. Im sure the vast majority are nowhere close to buy the items with more than 50 million, yet alone the items that cost more than 1000 million gold...

Find a way to remove bots is the most efficient way to fix the economy.. heck i would accept having to solve a captcha to start a game, if that is what it takes.
Reply Quote

^^ THIS
Reply Quote

Hmm, irony?

I see what you're latching onto there, but the addition of a socket adding quest won't change the core of the game being driven by the AH.
Edited by Surt#1179 on 3/7/2013 8:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
11 cents... think again.

I just checked...

I can buy it from a reliable source today at 83.39 pre billion. (that's 8.34 cents per million)
Reply Quote
Umm dont buy from third party sites, problem solved.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]