Diablo® III

My ehp is over 2m! Here's some tips!

03/02/2013 02:59 PMPosted by Mogor
tl:dr is this a joke post? I'm the #3 eHP barb on the server and this advice is just plain retarded.

Grats on your #3 ehp barb thats never played inferno?

If you want to trash talk bring it, but your character is pretty crappy to run your mouth like that
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 01:54 PMPosted by Blotto
This is one of the worst guides that I have ever seen.

That's not very constructive. If it's so bad please explain your reasons for thinking so... otherwise you may well have not bothered to post at all.

EDIT: Not saying I disagree with you. Just pointing out that if you have some better suggestions than we'd all love to learn from them.
Edited by Poxy#1672 on 3/2/2013 4:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
Lots of different views in this thread. I like that.
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 03:04 PMPosted by Fooly
Just would like to see the barb at bosses with enrage timers.... alone, without DPS Monster besides.

I actually have a barb build similarly to op. Only 22k dps with 2m eHp. Reason for it is I sometimes play in very bad internet connections moments. Latency around 800 is considered good.

Once when I was soloing Diablo inferno, I disconnected in 4 straight attempts. Survived everyone of them though it did take me quite a while to kill him.

Agree wouldnt recommend this for normal internet environments though.
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 04:27 PMPosted by Twister
If you want to trash talk bring it, but your character is pretty crappy to run your mouth like that

Looks like I struck a nerve there?

My crappy character as you call it has killed Diablo inferno. Your #3 eHP para 20 barb hasn't even killed the Butcher. Buying gold much?

I just call it like I see it. You're a forum douche who criticizes other people all the time. Glad your epeen is big though.
Reply Quote
wtf are you talking about? i've clear all of interno, you lose progress when you die and archive characters. and no, i dont buy gold. i've farmed and traded my way to a level you'll never achieve
Reply Quote
First, of the "regular" posters, I am guessing no one is more polar opposite to you then me (except possibly ActionKungFu).

First, the guide is very well done for its goal.

However, I came in here for another reason primarily. I have accounted 4 threads where you basically tell the person "your ehp is too low" even if it has essentially nothing to do with their question, etc.

Some of us prefer to play a tad closer to the edge so we can actually kill things in short window times and advance in mp levels (personally I need about 70K eHP and 12K DPS to jump to mp4).

Anyways, nice guide for its purpose, well done, just wanted to throw that out there.

You need more eHP. And a shield.

You can equip the shield on me in my grave. just sayin' =)
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 02:23 PMPosted by Opiate
This is one of the worst guides that I have ever seen.

Ace's guide is just 1 sided... straight ehp. Unfortunately, this game isn't 1 dimensional, and if you try to go that route you are making it harder on yourself than it should be.

It's called balance, between dps and ehp, and only in HC can you really appreciate it.

Opiate pretty much nailed it for me. I also agree that it is about balance and really depends on your situation. If your net latency isn't good you need to compensate that with higher eHP however if your internet is stable for the most part you have plenty more options with less risk. I've tried playing with higher eHP and lower dps for a while and it was NOT fun.

Fun + convenience is key and low dps setups do not facilitate that for me.
Reply Quote
I'm just curious how you transitioned from 2h volcanic eruption barb in softcore, to your current setup now.
Reply Quote
I only have 1m ehp but 100k dps unbuffed I use a shield and can solo mp7 killing elites in under 30 seconds. Tank barbs are how you start the you go to WW, safer, faster, easier.
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 07:44 PMPosted by Dyldo
I only have 1m ehp but 100k dps unbuffed I use a shield and can solo mp7 killing elites in under 30 seconds. Tank barbs are how you start the you go to WW, safer, faster, easier.

Your barbs ammy is really nice.
Reply Quote
Unless you have an extremely rare and expensive helm of command, the cheapest mempo is arguably better because of guaranteed socket, very high AR, high life, and main stat (not to mention it will also do a ton more dps).
Reply Quote
There are ppl on diabloprogress with over 5M EHP and almost no dps (10-20k range). Thats not how you want to play D3, even if its HC.

All you have to do is to find a balance of EHP, dps, life regen / life steal or LOH and how much MP u can farm safely without risking to die in combat, in any situation.

I tested enough on softcore, and i can say that a 2M EHP with 1500 + life regen, its assure you a non-death in 99% of the situations , in a disconect, on MP0 act 1-3.

But if you want a very nice example of a barb with great EHP and still a good and steady DPS, here it is (personaly i find it one of the players that realy worked a lot for the numbers and he knows exaclty what to do and i always watched him over time) .
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/foxthefeared-2993/foxHC/8839104
also his bnet link :
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/foxthefeared-2993/hero/8839104
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 06:16 PMPosted by Twister
i've farmed and traded my way to a level you'll never achieve

Yes, clearly I will never achieve your "level". You are a god amongst Diablo 3 players.
Reply Quote
It's pretty easy to reach a level where you're very unlikely to die in regular combat barring a serious screw up or bad luck. Having enough defense to survive a bad dc or a once-in-a-lifetime dose of bad luck (and there are no guarantees even then) takes things up to a completely different level. It's up to you to decide what you want to prepare for.

edit: @ DinuRazvan. That guy you linked has a great balance between hp and dps because he has ridiculously amazing gear. (a very rough glance over it has me thinking that's several billion worth of gold there) I guess it's something to strive for but most people (and myself) will probably never even come close to that. lol
Edited by Pzypro#1837 on 3/2/2013 9:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
I have to disagree with the advice that a shield is mandatory. I know many, if not most, fellow WDs use mojos.

In my situation, I have minions tanking/distracting for me and I'm 1-shotting everything from a distance. I've survived 4-5 disconnects on my current character in Act 3 (including one with the keywarden!) and my EHP isn't anywhere near 2 million.
Reply Quote
I think Opiate nailed it in his post. Balance.
Reply Quote
I have 40k DPS and 4M EHP, I can solo MP5 easily.

Noose#1377

We have nearly idential HS, but I think that my 2.9m ehp + 51k unbuffed dps (vs your 4.1m and 26k) is more suited for mp5 solo play. And even I struggle to stay awake during some of those stupidly long elite fights, for you it must be an unbelievable snooze fest.
Reply Quote
I have a 1,3m EHP WD (1,5m+ vs melee) with 75k unbuffed dps (without any fake AS dps)... I would say balance over extremes as proposed by OP.

Try to get the most from each piece of gear, dont be obsessed by sets, know what rolls are best for each slot and hope you see some on AH.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]