Diablo® III

My ehp is over 2m! Here's some tips!

Jesus Christ you guys - stop arguing - I'll Kill y'all with my tripyor.
Reply Quote
EHP is boring. Rebuilding characters is exciting.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/03/2013 01:40 AMPosted by Travar
75k unbuffed dps (without any fake AS dps)...

What does that even mean?
Reply Quote
75k unbuffed dps (without any fake AS dps)...

A lot of WDs dont like attack speed because it uses to much mana to quick. So on paper attack speed is good for your DPS but in practice its bad for your dps because you end up using your resource spender way less.

WDs have really bad resource regen and high spell costs.
Edited by LSU#1323 on 3/3/2013 7:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile

A lot of WDs dont like attack speed because it uses to much mana to quick. So on paper attack speed is good for your DPS but in practice its bad for your dps because you end up using your resource spender way less.

So basically, it's build dependent(if using Bears it would be a huge deflation).

What about if a WD spec'd for attack speed and used Snake to the Face?
Edited by ActionKungfu#1184 on 3/3/2013 8:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 08:21 AMPosted by ActionKungfu

Samuel L. Jackson doesn't play D3.
Edited by Sunshine#1222 on 3/3/2013 8:29 AM PST
Reply Quote

So basically, it's build dependent(if using Bears it would be a huge deflation).

Like you said its build dependent and yes some builds probly do really well with it.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/03/2013 08:27 AMPosted by Sunshine

Samuel L. Jackson doesn't play D3.

:D

Like you said its build dependent and yes some builds probly do really well with it.

That's basically why him calling it fake through me off. That pretty much undermines any other WD build that benefits from it.
Reply Quote
Thanks for your replies. I am almost 2.5m ehp now and once I craft me some better rolls, I should break past the 3m ehp mark. http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/ace-1696/HCbarbmale/29157074

Yes, you should gear like the early D3 days where most people weren't obsessed with dps, they were happy to have 15k unbuffed dps but wanted as much ehp as they could get so they would survive. This was softcore, mind you. Gear prices in HC are similar to SC 1.04 so stuff like ice climbers, mempos, blackthorne jousting mails, IK chest armor, etc are tens of millions.

Speaking of mempo, I had one in SC in 1.05 when I was still a tank with 20k unbuffed dps. I gained only 10% more dps but lost 15% ehp and my mempo had high str and like 350 armor as the random roll vs. my vitality helm of command with phys resist, 62 ar, 8% life and socket. The 8% block is huge and gives you insane ehp, more than a high resist roll. Yes, I do need a better helm of command with either socket or all resist, but mine is already quite godly because it has so much vitality and armor and the pickup radius is a nice bonus, means I don't need it on any other items. Mempos cost so much in HC, they start at 20-30m and that's for INT rolls with a bad random roll at that. STR/DEX rolls start at 50-70m for a bad random and can be 200m+ for a good random(such as vit or high armor) and 500m+ for some crit chance. If I had 100m, I would just buy a helm of command plan and make like 10 helms a day(make too many and you flood the market) and sell them for profit like others are.

There is very little point farming above MP1 unless you are looking for keys or doing ubers. I know I will need to be carried for ubers because of the silly enrage timer. My worry is whoever is carrying me may die because to get such high dps, it's almost impossible to also get enough ehp not to get owned in MP5. Maybe a handful of billionires have the gear to safely do MP5 ubers. I will be glad to find anyone that can carry me in MP3 and ill provide the machines.

I have friends who die all the time in HC because they don't know how to properly gear for survival and they get owned by lag, which is unavoidable. While I can lose 1/3 of my 2.4m ehp from a lag spike, someone with under 1m ehp is dead! I understand not everyone will agree with my gear guide, but my dead friends wish they had twice as much ehp.

Almost everyone is super obsessed with dps in SC, but fortunately the obsession for DPS in HC is significantly less and I like this because it brings balance to the game. I didn't even bother with cc/cd gear in SC till patch 1.05 which by then, crit gear became cheap enough to stack without becoming a complete glass cannon. Also I safely do MP5-7 runs where I will occasionally die even with nearly 2m ehp, but in SC death isn't "game over" unlike HC. There's always SC for your dps obsession. You should not gear in HC like it's SC or it defeats the point of HC.

If you are complaining how slow killing monsters are, you should be running MP0 or MP1 then monsters die almost instantly and even elites take only 10-30 seconds. The big plus is monsters do alot less damage. Far more deaths in higher MP levels, especially if your ehp is under a million.

Someone said LOH is nearly useless, if so, give me all your LOH gear, especially rings/ammys and I will be glad to sell them for 100k to millions. People pay 10-20m for Blackthorne Jousting mail just to get the extra 400 loh and 100 vitality bonus if they spend millions more for another piece from that set. It's ironic that in SC, all my gear is legendary while in HC, most of my gear is rares because it's a much better bang for the buck.
Reply Quote
Twister, you got some serious ehp, ill give you that!

Facepalm. While I prefer to use basic sword-n-board, a good lifesteal skorn is very good and keeps you fine in high MP. If you run a nado build which almost all top barbs use, you'll almost certainly be dual wielding

Lifesteal is nearly useless below 100k buffed dps. I would be better off with a LOH skorn, but then I lose half my ehp because no shield, no block. Dual wield isn't even as good for SC because I get way more dps with 2h. I am not obsessed with fast attack speed, I have no problem keeping up my wotb in SC with 2h. My SC barb and monk use a grandfather which is a very godly, fast sword with excellent ehp. I tried tornadoes in SC but find the marathon rune superior because I move faster for longer.

Block has outsized effects in eHP calculations and its useless against descecration, arcane, etc. Shields are far from mandatory as most top barbs dual wield. block is best for an eHP e-peen

Almost everything can be dodged/blocked so it serves as a great form of damage mitigation. Also I heard before that 9 of the top 10 barbs were using shields? Shields give you 1000+ armor and 60+ resist on top of the block.

Mempos are infinitely better than HoCs. HoCs are useless. 70+ AR, 10% life, and 170+ to a main is better than 99.9% of HoCs out there.

I will agree mempos can't be beat if you aren't using a shield(?!) but helms of command beat mempos hands down with shield. A half decent HOC(such as mine) costing a million can match a 50m mempo in ehp. If you don't believe me, buy a good HOC yourself and youll probably be at 5.5m to 6m ehp. Youll lose about 10% dps but gain 15-20% more ehp and most of us value ehp far more than dps in HC.

Are you serious?!!?!!?!? CC and CD is almost mandatory in this spot. IF you arent stacking crit and want eHP, you go for stats, AR, and life %. LoH is useless for a barb. Tank builds like you advocate need 0 LoH. At high MP, you use lifesteal%.

I did suggest in my guide that anyone can craft many and keep the best one and give the rest to your followers and save the other good ones in stash to use when you die and re-roll a new hero. I also mentioned that crit is a bonus as long as the amulet has good defensive stats. I am not going to gimp myself for a little more dps. Crit only gives huge dps if you stack it in several slots, which I have been doing in SC since patch 1.05. LS is nearly useless below 100k dps, I thought everyone knew this.

wtf??? you know there are things called ice climbers, IK boots, and the unusual barb rolled natalya

Ice climbers are extremely expensive in HC, sorry if most of us aren't as rich as you.

edit: Your gloves are really nice. I went with high dex instead of vit in SC because the cost was alot less and it gives me dodge. You should get an IK lifesteal belt since you seem to love LS even though your dps isn't high enough to make LS do much at all. Craft several chest armors till you make one that's comparable to your IK armor then sell yours quickly before prices drop more. I will keep crafting till I get one with an ar roll. You should get an empyrean spear with either a vitality roll or cd/socket, your dps will drop just a little but an extra 70+ resists will give you a huge ehp boost. Your bracers are quite nice, you should keep crafting for the other 4 slots and sell your gear before prices drop more. Also I mentioned before you should buy a 10m helm of command and watch your ehp skyrocket. ;)
Edited by Ace#1696 on 3/3/2013 9:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Add me ace, planning ubers tonight and I expect that we can carry you on mp6 without issue. Don't waste your machines on mp3.
Reply Quote
I want to piggyback uber for free. I need 6 spines
Reply Quote
what is this. Why would you want 3m EHP to do mp0-1.

Youd want 3m EHP to do mp10. Anything less, learn to DPS, jesus
Reply Quote
I don't know what my eHP is on any of my characters. Is that embarrassing to admit?
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 09:33 PMPosted by DinuRazvan
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/foxthefeared-2993/hero/8839104

Damn ... most of the items equipped for that barbarian are worth more than all of the gear equipped with mine, combined. Solid build though, I'm happy to see some hardcore characters that have been around for a while, surviving lag spikes and all other challenges.
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 03:18 PMPosted by Sunshine
I don't know what my eHP is on any of my characters. Is that embarrassing to admit?

You need a larger E-Peen. Have you been responding to the e-peen enhancement ads on your friend requests?
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 03:55 PMPosted by Bottle
You need a larger E-Peen. Have you been responding to the e-peen enhancement ads on your friend requests?

I don't get many friend requests. No one wants to be friends with someone with such a tiny e-peen.
Reply Quote
I do not understand the idea of building a character to survive a D/C. If you are so obsessed with not losing your character, just play Softcore.

Building your character with zero regard to damage is as ignorant as building your character with zero regard to survivability.
Reply Quote
With patience and carefull calculating your gear, you can have enough dps for MP2-MP4, and still survive a disconect in these. Ofc, not on Paragon 10 and no gold, no gold-worthy gear.

But to have 200K HP and 800+ resist, tons of block and all the possible armor, with just 20k dps, in my oppinion, its just bull!@#$, its like shooting yourself in the foot, cause with 20k DPS anyway you wont even dream on MP2+, it would take way too much to kill the lowest mob arround. If you want to make an Act 3 clear , in 5-6 hours, and get nothing out of it, then have fun.

Also in my oppinion, even in HC, u shoudnt care too much for your EHP at least for the first few chars, or for low paragon levels.... U died ? well no probl, make another char.

Id say in the begining of HC, u rather want to have just the minimum EHP that you feel fine to farm MP0 act 3 - MP1, with as much MF and GF u can possible get . MF and GF until arround paragon 30-40, its , id say, way better than plenty of EHP without dps.

And as Actua said, unless you wanna start directly on MP7+ farming... u dont need the 3M+ EHP. And even if you do get the many millions of EHP, making anything with 20k dps... have fun.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]