Diablo® III

10 APoC Revisited.

Now, I agree that it is viable and a good option considering the significant price difference b/w none-apoc vs apoc forces. The price difference b/w a comparable high damage >260 and 10cc with high intel/vit none-apoc force and apoc force is in 500-700M.

and it works relatively well now. Go for it.
Reply Quote
lol, you must love the discussions on APoC yoda.

I agree but i still feel like i want more apoc, if the game can be played with 10 awesome, it's a little smoother playing with 20 which is what i stick with to negate latency and frame rate issues and i keep thinking to myself... i wonder what 30apoc would be like, one day i hope to go to 30apoc land and nevrer see my arcane ball empty lol.

obviously it doesn't work like that but i'm a dreamer and i'm still hopeing to get 30apoc some day when i get enough moneys to re-gear lol
Reply Quote
I haven't tried farming with 10 APoC yet, but I've started to like Wormhole, and I can't help but imagine that some issues can arise with low APoC at the start of fights. Has anyone tried 10 APoC with wormhole?
Reply Quote
Yep it's not recommended to use 10 APoC and Wormhole together. I always use Safe Passage so it's not the issue, it's different with Wormhole though.

I believe if you have 250+ dmg 10 APoC Source, 20 APoC is better but most people don't have that kind of source, so clearly 10 APoC is the new 20 APoC in 1.07 because it works!
Reply Quote
Not sure what the wormhole distinction is but I have been running 10APOC with Wormhole-Teleport for awhile now :) At the end of fights your ap meter is full so just wormhole away and if you see white mobs just click a few times and continue. It might be one or two more clicks vs 20apoc but I've gotten used to it. Just as good? Maybe not quite but considering your dps/ehp is boosted using non-apoc source, it could be a good trade-off. I've done many runs and farmed at least the last six or level paragon levels using 10apoc b/c I think it's more more efficient for me.

Oh and also, gg non-apoc sources are only 400-500mish whereas ggish apoc sources are bil+.
Edited by Carnac#1372 on 3/2/2013 9:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
yoda are u flippin non apoc forces are something, msg me in game if im outa line but seriously
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 10:07 PMPosted by SteelPhantom
yoda are u flippin non apoc forces are something, msg me in game if im outa line but seriously
naw, he's tryin to drive down the price of apoc forces so he can buy one :D
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 10:12 PMPosted by JackStraw
naw, he's tryin to drive down the price of apoc forces so he can buy one :D

oh then carry on :)
Reply Quote
Oh man again this 10 apoc thing.

Calculate eDPS guys, and you will smile too.
Reply Quote
After full windup your globe doesn't run dry with 10, so I fail to see how EDPS is lower if you have enough AP to use every attack turn.
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 02:25 PMPosted by Amos
lol, you must love the discussions on APoC yoda.
LOL this! What is this like the 3rd thread yodatoy has started concerning 10APoC? :p

03/02/2013 11:43 PMPosted by novice
After full windup your globe doesn't run dry with 10, so I fail to see how EDPS is lower if you have enough AP to use every attack turn.
Agreed, effective DPS is not the issue with 10APoC unless you kill extremely quickily. It's the slower windup on a single that tends to be the problem. I'm not sure I can personally feel as efficient with just 1 source of APoC though. I feel a lot more comfortable with 2+ sources.
Reply Quote
no...before I was in somewhat denial with 10 apoc but now I believe it. =)

but I bet I will come back sometime next week and might put up another thread saying "10 Apoc, very questionable part 4".
Reply Quote
I've been running Uber MP10s and Act III MP7-10 runs quite nicely with 9 Apoc. There are occasions when I recklessly cast a tornado at a stone wall causing a slight suffocation of arcane power but other than that I'm liking the idea of having added DPS/HP with a non-apoc source.

*Note: I'd roughly estimate that 90% of the times I don't notice the difference from when I used to run with 18 Apoc.
Reply Quote
I've been running Uber MP10s and Act III MP7-10 runs quite nicely with 9 Apoc. There are occasions when I recklessly cast a tornado at a stone wall causing a slight suffocation of arcane power but other than that I'm liking the idea of having added DPS/HP with a non-apoc source.

*Note: I'd roughly estimate that 90% of the times I don't notice the difference from when I used to run with 18 Apoc.

lol i saw u testing u non apoc forces today or yesterday
Reply Quote
I think the timeline is:
Yoda with no non-apoc force: 10APOC sux
Yoda with his brand-new non-apoc force: 10APOC works
:) Hahaha.

no...before I was in somewhat denial with 10 apoc but now I believe it. =)

but I bet I will come back sometime next week and might put up another thread saying "10 Apoc, very questionable part 4".
Reply Quote
No 10 APoc doesn't work, I switched back to my APoC Force.

I may change my mind tomorrow if I switch to my non-APoC Force again though. So it depends on the mood.
Reply Quote
Gave it a good go today to really come to a verdict for myself.

Am I surprised. Yes its great.

Am I switching. No probably not.

There were instances where my normal faster windup + more apoc would have saved me from maniacs or that extra last couple hits.

I'll be sticking with the APOC force for now.
Reply Quote
I'm now running LL + Disintegrate with Frost Hydra and switched to a Triumvirate for more DPS and EHP than Oculus or Tal's) and 10 APOC. 10 APOC works fine if you're just using Disintegrate and Frost Hydra (which costs 20 AP and lasts 2x as long as a Blizzard, I'm unsure if it ticks for more than Blizzard now though), but if you're running Blizzard or Shower in addition to Disintegrate you need 20 APOC.

Disintegrate works particularly well with Frost Hydra as you basically assist the Hydra by training your beam wherever it's spraying.
Edited by DoctorDoom#1357 on 3/3/2013 2:13 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]