Diablo® III

10 APoC Revisited.

Gave it a good go today to really come to a verdict for myself.

Am I surprised. Yes its great.

Am I switching. No probably not.

There were instances where my normal faster windup + more apoc would have saved me from maniacs or that extra last couple hits.

I'll be sticking with the APOC force for now.

Yeah boozer if we already have 250+ APoC Force it's better than 10 APoC. But 10 APoC is still great for those who can afford 250 Force for DPS.

For example, 6k DPS is not enough for me to drop 10 APoC, but it's definitely worth if it's something like 15k-20k DPS, which means high dmg non-APoC vs low dmg APoC. High dmg APoC Force users don't see the difference much.
Reply Quote
My apoc force: 292.5 avg dmg.172 int, 9aps, 9apoc, 9.5 critchance
Non-apoc force: 288.5 avg dmg, 291 int, 41 vit, 9aps, 9apoc, 9.5 critchance.
I prefer the non-apoc one...
Reply Quote
Non-apoc force: 288.5 avg dmg, 291 int, 41 vit, 9aps, 9apoc, 9.5 critchance.

O.o

K joking aside, I prefer higher APoC, especially as I'm running 2.51, which returns me better everything compare to 2.73 and 10 APoC.

Was really excited when I first discovered it though. Jay Wilson style. They created APoC mechanics, and then doubled it.
Reply Quote
Just play with whatever you feel like playing with.
I'm in no way promoting or advocating that none-apoc is better.
Boozor is right, novice is right, carnac is right, everyone who commented here is right.

It's up to you but for now you have a choice which you really didn't have in 1.06.

I asked Kiza if it was possible to run with 10 apoc before 1.07. He said no. Now, he said yes. It is viable.

For example, if you have avg 270 dps, 178 int, 10 apoc, 8/10 apoc force that runs in 700M+ vs avg 280 dps, 240 int, 50 vit, 9/10 none-apoc force that runs in 300m, which one would you choose?

I think it also depends on your cc level. Probably non apoc works better with higher cc (>55cc).

I'm done. sorry for keep dragging 10apoc topic.
Edited by yodatoy#1838 on 3/3/2013 6:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just out of curiosity, for everyone that relies on just 9/10 Apoc, do you run with 2.74 or 3.01 attack speed breakpoint?
Reply Quote
^^ 3.01+ w/ 53 CC works. 2.74+ w/ 63CC works. No APOC issues with either for me anyway.

10 APOC for both...
Reply Quote
For bicycle shorts users, APOC source might be better on a general basis because of speed of casting. I guess it's always a case of what/when is acceptable outage of AP and that depends on personal playstyle etc. ^^
Edited by Charlatan#1802 on 3/3/2013 6:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
I had some time to compare 10 vs 16 apoc. I tried a sns/wormhole and sns/meteor build in farming and ubers. The times where I felt 10 apoc was suitable was solo sns/wormhole and even in group ubers it went pretty smoothly. Once I went to sns/meteor I went dry every now and then. I didn't die from it but it is kinda annoying when you can't get the wind-up going. Of course, the extra 6 apoc helped and everything was just smoother The dps was comparable but one is worth 50m and the other is 350m. My preference is an apoc source even if I have to sacrifice some dps but if you are on a budget a non apoc source will suffice for a pure sns build.
Reply Quote
thanks yodatoy for converting me from apoc to non-apoc.. i'm running 10apoc now, just have a little trouble with faster elites not causing it to wind fast enough, but still im satisfied with 10. check out my new chanto force.. thats how much i love it
Reply Quote
I'll have to try 10 APoC tomorrow. I only gain like 6k dps but maybe the extra vit/int from my non-APoC OH will help me survive those stupid maniacs. I hate those things and I can't help but die 1-2 times each run, even with teleport.
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 11:22 PMPosted by Loroese
OH will help me survive those stupid maniacs.

Their pathing is quite standard thou. Shouldn't be hard to freeze them.

Switch to UA and bomb the maniacs!
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 11:31 PMPosted by Comrade
OH will help me survive those stupid maniacs.

Their pathing is quite standard thou. Shouldn't be hard to freeze them.

Switch to UA and bomb the maniacs!

UA saves me from them like twice a game. I only end up dying maybe once every 3 runs now, and I always just tele right into them.
Reply Quote
Blur also helps you survive better. At one point I was able to take 2 consecutive Maniacs with Blur.
Reply Quote
I can't bring myself to drop evo though, since I run at 2.5 APS. I guess I can give it a try.

They are usually easy enough to freeze, but they just sneak through sometimes.
Edited by Loroese#1415 on 3/4/2013 12:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
I also run at 2.51. Evo does nothing for me.
Reply Quote
I just got done soloing ubers in mp10 with 10 apoc, 10 for 10 haha. er Anyway max you can proc off is two and had no problems even with low crit of 49.5 as you see here.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/aimless-1700/Aimless/10258657

Gohm and his gay blade freind didnt move same for SK.

BTW thats a 8m gold mempo lol. I see no reason to waste a dime more either since 10 apoc and that low CC did everything i wanted it to.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 3/4/2013 5:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 11:20 PMPosted by RAGNAROK
thanks yodatoy for converting me from apoc to non-apoc.. i'm running 10apoc now, just have a little trouble with faster elites not causing it to wind fast enough, but still im satisfied with 10. check out my new chanto force.. thats how much i love it

Yeah, I saw your source. Nice one too with 310int. and now you got a sick dps. jelly here.
I'm sure you need a slight adjusting period b/c we were so comfortable with 20apoc but shortly after you will be fine.

For bicycle shorts users, APOC source might be better on a general basis because of speed of casting. I guess it's always a case of what/when is acceptable outage of AP and that depends on personal playstyle etc. ^^

Yup, it's def. playstyle but when it comes down to it, 10 apoc works and it might be worth extra 10K+ dps from non-apoc force in my opinion. but either way, it works.

Of course, the extra 6 apoc helped and everything was just smoother The dps was comparable but one is worth 50m and the other is 350m.

you have choices now instead of needing only apoc force for mempo/cc user.
Reply Quote
now ive become a 300kdps sns wiz lol
Reply Quote
i personally like 15+apoc better. windup on magda can mean everything, since i dont have great latency(110ms) i like to think of it as a powerful single turbo vs a weaker twin turbo. easier to maintain boost with the twin, but more powerful output with the single.
Reply Quote
I've been testing out 10 apoc by dropping storm crow for mempo, which also lets me swap my lacunis for crafted bracers. puts me over 630k ehp (~100k increase) and gives me another 14k dps but i'm not sure if its worth it. the windup and movespeed loss makes gameplay a lot less smooth, and most of that sheet dps gain is negated by the loss of 4% elite dps from crow. only place it really helps is tanking through molten explosions or maniacs. Might be more worthwhile if i could get a better pair of crafted bracers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]