Diablo® III

Reached paragon 78, did some math...

And as it turns out, the 50% mark of XP needed for paragon 100 (from paragon 0) is somewhere between 78 and 79. 50%. REALLY?! I am beginning to realise just how much more grind I have ahead of me
Reply Quote
So... remember back to 2012 and how people (bots) had already hit P100 months ago... how many of them do you think were cheating? How many that are already at P100 cheated to get there?

I'm guessing all of them...

Even with the latest update it's still a grind... and I can't see how it's worth it... getting Crysis3 and Tomb Raider this week :-) so D3 will not be played :-p
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
So the lesson here is don't do maths? duly noted. =)
There not spelling mistakes, Im speaking 'Ye Old English'
Reply Quote
Not everyone cheated and it's quite possible to plvl very quickly: http://www.pcgamesn.com/diablo/diablo-player-alkaizer-reaches-paragon-level-100-just-two-weeks-internet-amazed

But, if you think it's a grind now, imagine what it must've been like for all those people who plvl'd <1.0.7. Kudos to them!
Reply Quote
So... remember back to 2012 and how people (bots) had already hit P100 months ago... how many of them do you think were cheating? How many that are already at P100 cheated to get there?

I'm guessing all of them...

Some of them were probably bots, but not all, I've followed some people who got to P100 that just do marathons to gain the XP. example: I make 60 mil XP/hour, so would I need ~175 hours of play to get from P0 to P100. That's just over one week (of non stop play). if you play 8-12 hours a day, and many people do, it's done in 2-3 weeks.
The most I managed to grind is about 5 hours a day at best, usually it's 2-3. after that my mind melts and I wander off to the AH :)

03/03/2013 10:47 AMPosted by Narull
So the lesson here is don't do maths? duly noted. =)

pretty much, otherwise you'll be talking for hours about hours, xp, melting minds and what not :) *don't forget to carry the 1
Reply Quote
I'm with ya man! (slightly behind, just dinged P76).

http://www.diablowiki.net/File:Paragon-levels-exp-pie-chart.png
Don't know how people like you have more then 1 char....I struggle with just the 1!

I often get this feeling that some paragon levels have like a legendary drop ban...anyways one xp bar at a time hey!

I dont understand the general chat D3 hate threads....I keep coming back to melt my brain

:]
Reply Quote
nice helm with no socket+red gem...
you must love pain.

:)
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 10:41 PMPosted by Meltdown
If a leoric's signet gimps you too much, put one on your follower.

Or a HF ring.
Reply Quote
Hellfire , helm w/ socket and radiant ruby
AND TONNES OF GRINDING.
Reply Quote
I was actually doing it with a radiant star ruby in helm, HF on one hand and HF on follower... just switched gear for some MP key/uber farming :) still have all that though for the XP farming.
Taking a break to do other stuff really helps!
Reply Quote
Hi guys
Not saying I'm an expert but here are some tips that helped me to p100:
1. Forget about most of the loot. Don't open chests and only pick up minimal drops. Slowing down to check everything out and then identifying what you pick up takes way too long if you're serious about leveling.
I picked up only legendaries and a few specific rares. For me these included rare bracers, amulets and rings but it may be different for you.
2. Leorics Signet wasn't much help if any and I think it is probably useless post 1.0.7. The one I used for a few levels was only 22% Exp but I found I could play MP3 with a better ring in the same time as MP1 with the Leoric. This was pre 1.0.7 so I gained 20% Exp from the 2 levels almost negating the effect of Leorics Signet but giving me a better chance to get the legendary drops. The Exp gain from 2 MP levels post 1.0.7 is obviously greater.
3. I did the Alkaizer run but added Rakkis Crossing and Skycrown Battlements. There were 2 reasons for this being the small alleviation to the boredom of grinding and the fact that these are 2 of the most densely populated areas of Act 3.
Hope that helps.

PS Movement speed is important. I had 34% movement speed bonus from Natalyas Bloody Footprints, Innas Temperence and Fleet Footed.

Regardless of all the above it still took a lot of hours:)
Edited by AndmarTian#6752 on 3/5/2013 7:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
Nice tips Andmar thanks mate. Although not picking up items is going to be hard but I think in the long run it will be better. Thanks again mate.
Reply Quote
yeah, good advice, I was already following most of these guidelines of picking up specific items only and the route is about right. only one difference, I had just 12% movement speed... got me a cheap pair of fire walkers and I have to say it feels much faster. it's not that much faster actually, I timed my runs and it's about the same (from the DPS loss? shouldn't be, it went down from 165k to about 160) anyhow, planning on beefing up my all res so I can use fleet footed too!
Reply Quote
I just hit p100 today. mp10 trash mobs ftw.

I was getting 150-200m xp / hour in crypt of the ancients alone, takes me 7-10 secs to kill all trash, 10 secs to restart 3-4m xp each go.

Alkizers run i get 80m xp / hour.
Reply Quote
I just hit P80 last night and it never felt like grinding. I would suggest you to get a skorn with LS and do MP4 or MP3, the time it would take, for me at least, to finish MP1 and MP4 is almost the same. Using bells and TR on MP3 and lower, but I usually farm/grind MP4 to 7 with bells and CS.

Some things I do on a run:
-I pick up all rares on my way but not identify all of them. All rare gloves are picked up, the rest must be rare lvl61++.
-Salvage what I dont ID>>2H, bracers, shoulders, offhands
-Pick up emeralds only
-HF and Leoric's on follower; doesn't matter if they keep dying, their exp, GF and MF bonus doesn't go off when they are down.

I have 600+ on my monk, around 200hours pre-Paragon levels and some hours left AFK before i sleep. Didn't really calculate my Exp/h but I got 3 bars of EXP from P79 to P80 in 1hr and half.
Edited by Djorz#1876 on 3/9/2013 4:46 PM PST
Reply Quote

I was getting 150-200m xp / hour in crypt of the ancients alone, takes me 7-10 secs to kill all trash, 10 secs to restart 3-4m xp each go.

How do you get 3-4m each go? I just tried this on mp10 and got about 1m..
Reply Quote

How do you get 3-4m each go? I just tried this on mp10 and got about 1m..

yeah, I tried it too, got about the same 1m xp per minute. guess that my DPS isn't high enough to be effective here (I have 218k dps buffed, don't know how much extra I'm getting from won khim lau)
Reply Quote
lolz, got so caught up upgrading my DPS I completely forgot to check how it does on higher MPs, tried on MP1: had same time per run for a couple runs as on MP0 = 25% more XP per hour (70-75m xp/hour)
tried MP2: time was a bit slower, but not by much = somewhere between 25% and 50% more XP (75m to 90m xp/hour), need to do more runs to calculate exactly how much I'm getting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]