Diablo® III

finding players in public games on hardcore?

I an unable to find players in public games in hardcore mode with monster power. Is there a way to say try to join a public game on mp 7 but put settings to play mp3 - mp8? Liking this hardcore mode but just want more people to play with
Reply Quote
I like to run at MP2 for speed and can never find anyone doing above MP0 in pubs either. MP0 sucks for me because I dont generate enough spirit cause stuff dies to fast. But if I wanna play pub its only MP0 :(
Reply Quote
Game creation system is a fail. Adding the MP was needed, but it made it even more of a fail.

My only suggestion is to try mp10 or mp5... those will probably be your best chances to find public groups (mp+).
Reply Quote
"Oh lemme try some pub mp4"
Searching...................
Cancel
"Ok maybe 5 then."
Cancel
"3?"
Input limit reached.
Removed from server.

Hundreds of people, one after another, no two players ever successfully getting matched
Reply Quote
I'm actually not sure how mp works in public games. It seems like any mp I choose has the same number of players and games available. I haven't really experimented a lot with it though since I tend to play in private games.
Reply Quote
should I try to post this somewhere else to get a response from somebody that can maby give me a no, yes or maby if they might try add a filter to broaden your search?
Reply Quote
you can't find because there are zero game.

the "number of players" for that quest is total player for all MP, and 99%-100% of them are MP0.
Reply Quote
actually mp1 is pretty active. Was on it yesterday with my barb :D, a good barb and monk. monk left, and we got 2 great WDs using bears.
Reply Quote
"Oh lemme try some pub mp4"
Cancel
"Ok maybe 5 then."
Cancel
"3?"
Input limit reached.
Removed from server.

Hundreds of people, one after another, no two players ever successfully getting matched

That's exactly what happens.

One time I saw a couple of quests that had 15+ people on it specifically and I couldn't seem to get into ANY of them, and when I did it was always somebody that was sitting in town afk and it was only on MP0.
Reply Quote
I think OP was referring to Normal (His highest HC toon is lvl 18)

Otherwise, massive respect for wanting to play an Inferno MP7 public game. : )
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 07:26 PMPosted by FleshFeaster
I an unable to find players in public games in hardcore mode with monster power. Is there a way to say try to join a public game on mp 7 but put settings to play mp3 - mp8? Liking this hardcore mode but just want more people to play with

that is exactly the kind of system i suggested a while back. apparently they didnt think much of the idea since its not here...

but ya.. the idea was that they make an option in the public game menu and the player can choose a range of MP they want to join (ex. I choose MP1-3. then hit join on a quest and it matches me to an open game with an MP of 1,2, or 3). however, what they gave us is pick the single MP and join a quest. there may not be anyone but at least the game is open for someone to join soon hopefully.
Reply Quote
Have had good success with a3 mp1 with the craters quest and also a few runs with mp2 on the same quest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]