Diablo® III

WhiteOwl's 'Wierd things' thread. . .

Wierd thing I stumbled on this weekend #1:

If you are viewing the skill calculator on this website and then click on the gem at the bottom of the screen it will scramble the skills around- it will create a random build.

Wierd.

Wierd thing I stumbled on this weekend #2:

If you are viewing your hero profile in-game and then quickley click onto your dead archived hero tab and then click really fast back onto your living character tab you will be able to view the equipment on your dead heroes. The clicking has to be very quick.

These things may be common knowledge. . .I don't know- I just stumbled on them this weekend.

Has anyone else found 'wierd things'?
Reply Quote
I think wierd is a weird way to spell weird if you're going to dedicate a thread to it :P.

An annoying quirk I recently discovered is that if someone links you an item for comparison (or you link it to yourself from the AH) all of the gem sockets are treated as empty. This makes comparing some items' stats very difficult - especially when you try to compare socketed weapons that should have an emerald against weapons without a socket.
Reply Quote
Both are somewhat known. Regarding the 1st, some of us used to try some of the builds on softcore before and found most of the suggestions viable.

The 2nd is a known client glitch. People may wonder why they don't expose all of this information on your archived hero though; it's likely done to conserve server side resources like reducing database access (thus why both in-game and web profiles for your archived heroes have only limited information available). It's likely the same reasons why we have the current 10 character limitation, limited archived hero storage, and 3 tabs of available stash; reduces data storage requirements.

There are still some interesting graphical glitches like where some monsters that you have actually killed, still look alive (they are stuck in place and moving but are no longer targetable). Also beginning from most any post Broken Blade quest, in the Crypt of the Ancients (Festering Wood), the beacon is still there on the altar (you can click on it like when doing the quest and it performs the same effect).

And aside from the now fixed pathing glitches that used to affect Deckard Cain (where he is shuffling outside his home) and Tyrael (where he was occasionally running in place, side to side), followers periodically also have certain interesting tendencies. Like the templar would usually end up directly in the back of your female character like the following:

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/3762/screenshot708d.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRwr-u_DrEQ

And before when coming out of the cutscene for Zoltun Kulle (Soulstone Chamber), the enchantress and whatever character you were playing would look like they were embracing (especially true when playing a monk because of the way they stand).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTf70HUwlA8
Reply Quote
After you land the killing blow on Azmodan, he sometimes says one of his taunts during his death animation.
Reply Quote
In Arreat Crater Level 1, sometimes there's a side-room with a few morlu incinerators that will spawn balrogs...

I remember this happening to one of my DH many months back as I was trying to hit 60 in Hell craters and !@#$ting all over myself seeing a balrog charge me in act 3 and nearly getting 1-shot. :)
Reply Quote
03/04/2013 02:16 AMPosted by lucid8
After you land the killing blow on Azmodan, he sometimes says one of his taunts during his death animation.

i think that's just because most people kill him far faster than intended. He is supposed to say a taunt speech at certain hp %s but he dies so fast that he can't talk fast enough lol.
Reply Quote
. . .I think wierd is a weird way to spell weird if you're going to dedicate a thread to it :P. . . .

Done on purpose for maximum effect.

I was thinking that most of the things people were going to post were glitches. . .so I might as well glitch myself.

Nice that you noticed, though.
Reply Quote
03/04/2013 02:16 AMPosted by lucid8

I've had several Bosses taunt like that. Usually the Cydaea is the one it happens with the most for me. . .And I've seen Azmo do it, too.
Reply Quote
Just found another semi-strange thing. . .

In the crypt where you get the skeleton kings crown- where the crown is resting- there is writing on the wall behind it. It looks to be peoples names.

Well, this wall tile is repeated in the area where you first find Tyreal after you kill the Skeleton King. Follow the stairs up from the area where Tyreal is lying on the ground in the bottom of the 'blue crater'. At the top of the stairs look slightly to the right against the wall and you will see the names written on the wall. Don't know who these people are. . .weird.
Reply Quote
You can change the tab pictures of your stash by right clicking it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]