Diablo® III

100 Archon Spaulders of Vitality

Hi guys, I am just sharing a little info on the 100 archon spaulders of vitality that I have crafted.

Roll-----------------Chance

Str------------------66/100
Dex-----------------59/100
Int-------------------50/100
AR------------------28/100
Fire resis---------12/100
cold resis----------9/100
Arcane resis-----15/100
poison resis------17/100
lighting resis-----13/100
Armor---------------32/100
Phys resis--------21/100
MF-------------------23/100
GF-------------------33/100
Thorn----------------40/100
% life----------------14/100
Life regen----------36/100
pick up radius----15/100
Health globe------15/100
Chill on hit----------1/100

Best craft from them is the one that I am currently wearing:

Str-----------200
Dex----------77
Vit-----------203
Arcane------26
AR------------77
Armor-------241

So it turns out that rolling Str from a Vit craft occurs frequently (66/100) with other beneficial effects like armor (32/100). Something that's a bit disappointing is that AR rolls less than I would like (28/100). Also, chill on hit is almost impossible to roll in this sample test (1/100).

Ideally, all you would need is 500 Str/Vit with AR for a very good shoulder. Armor would be nice addition too. However, it's a bit hard than I thought to get AR to show up in a shoulder with good Str/Vit. Not to say having chill on hit on it......

What's your crafting experience on archon spaulders of vitalty? How many crafts? Would be happy to hear some opinion and suggestions :)

May the crafting god be with us, be happy and keep crafting!!
Edited by badchemist#1545 on 3/4/2013 7:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
here is mine http://i45.tinypic.com/538iko.jpg - a bit short on STR but the EHP boost is just insane for pvp purposes.

Nike
Reply Quote
@Nikeboy1984

yup you got to love the EHP boost on this big boy.
Reply Quote
I've done about 40 crafts with no luck on the shoulders. Came really close with one roll having both Str and Vit over 220 but the AR on them was only at 25 and I was unwilling to take that reduction. My gloves are nothing great either but they were better than what I was using.
Reply Quote
my shoulders i think came out pretty awesome, and like you said i used the vitality plan instead
Reply Quote
What is all this EHP business?!??!?

:3
Reply Quote
Thanks for the results but here´s a minor note.

Single resists should be put together into one group as only one of them can roll on an item...in your case this affix group rolled on 87/100 items.

If you want, you can compare your results with mine (500 amulets, 300 bracers).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7979989268

As far as I can tell the affixes are pretty consistent between slots. Armor slightly higher than Allres, regen being comparable to armor. What surprised me was that you got so many thorns as it was lower than most other affixes on amulets and bracers, weird. And yes, CC on hit is the second least probable roll behind reduced level requirement.

Also, shoulders are good to craft because they have the least amount of affixes to choose from (18, 17 if not counting the fixed roll) coimpared to amulets (26, 25 without fixed), chest (21, 20 without fixed), bracers and gloves (19, 20 without fixed).
Reply Quote
@Nubtro

Thanks for the suggestion. I saw your post before it was job nice done!!! I really like it. I am thinking maybe I can contribute a little bit to the shoulder craft since I am working on it now.
Reply Quote
I lovin my newly crafted shoulders (as of this weekend)!

This is awesome, between you and Nubtro we have shoulders, ammies, and bracers. Of course, now this leaves the question - has anyone done this for gloves yet? I'm curious to see if I can calculate my odds of crafting trifecta gloves :P

-Gillars
Reply Quote
@Gillars: Back in the day when I was crafting exalted sovereign vambraces, I got the following results:

attack speed 27/150 = 18%
crit damage 45/150 = 30%
crit chance 33/150 = 22%

Take those values with a grain of salt, it was like half a year ago, so the affix weight might have been changed since then.
Reply Quote
My shoulders were within the first 10 tries...haven't crafted any nearly as decent. Going to start in on gloves tonight....c'mon trifecta!!
Reply Quote
View profile
here is mine http://i45.tinypic.com/538iko.jpg - a bit short on STR but the EHP boost is just insane for pvp purposes.

Nike

I'd say keep rolling them. I've rolled a few strong life%/AR shoulders (including one with 300+ vit and 11% life, but about the same str you have now) and I've only rolled maybe 150 vit shoulders. I got my current shoulder after about 130, and since I have no luck with gloves after about 200 rolls I'm just going to keep rolling shoulders to see if I can get more str.
Reply Quote
Got mine within 100 attempts, made another 100 hoping to get a similar one w/ more str....

222 STR
304 VIT
65 AR
4% LIFE
Reply Quote
@Gillars: Back in the day when I was crafting exalted sovereign vambraces, I got the following results:

attack speed 27/150 = 18%
crit damage 45/150 = 30%
crit chance 33/150 = 22%

Thanks Nubtro. I wonder if these still hold up? I guess only 1 way to find out... ;)

-Gillars
Reply Quote
I lucked out with my equipped shoulders. Rolled these within the first 20 or so. Could have more STR, but for EHP they're amazing.

166 STR
39 INT
292 VIT
80 AR
12% LIFE
149 armor
Reply Quote
It's nice to see all the nice rolls everyone got. Sad thing is that I have to go back to slow DE farming routine again :(

only if there is a faster way to get DE......

either way, may the god of crafting be with us, be happy and keep crafting :)
Edited by badchemist#1545 on 3/4/2013 3:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
took me around 60 rolls to get my current shoulders that I am very happy with, it was a nice upgrade vs my old pair
229 Str, 84 Dex, 249 Vit, 56 Phys Res, 78 All Res
Reply Quote
I rolled a really good one in about 100 tries.

+222 str
+91 dex
+283 vit
+71 all res
+ 26 melee damage to attackers

I especially love the added dex (dodge chance) and the melee damage
Reply Quote
Best craft from them is the one that I am currently wearing:

Str-----------200
Dex----------77
Vit-----------203
Arcane------26
AR------------77
Armor-------241

If that's the best you got from 100 crafts, I'd say that's extremely discouraging. I must be very fortunate as I got my current shoulders in 30'ish crafts.

On the other hand I've rolled over 200 amys and I'm still disappointed with the one I'm wearing.
Reply Quote
03/04/2013 03:00 PMPosted by badchemist
only if there is a faster way to get DE......

Im farming essence in warriors rest mp10, with WOTB/insanity rune instead of TOC, and rend/lacerate, (DTWWbuild) goes pretty fast.

U have to go to the broken blade quest: talk to alaric, get the last waypoint, talk to the guy and go to fest woods for warriors rest checkpoint, kill elite, exit game, enter game, portal, kill elite, repeat last 3 steps.

If u cant kill elite in the 15 secs of WOTB , might want to lower MP.
Edited by Shaman#1684 on 3/5/2013 1:14 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]