Diablo® III

200k cm wiz enough for mp10?

Just looking for some advice. I feel like it is not enough dps to kill quickly. Any advice on gear/skill swaps are appreciated. Coming from a monk i feel new to the wiz still! Thanks!
Reply Quote
switch prismatic for shocking aspect and you will see a huge dmg increase. I am around the same damage as you and I feel like i farm pretty fast on MP10 now.
Reply Quote
Solo or group? I run with a well geared ww barb but feel even with shocking aspect my dps is lacking. Its funny but cm wiz is actually a workout in mp10 key 3-4 and right click are getting ripped on lol
Reply Quote
If you're looking for more sources of damage for MP10, beyond basic SNS (you should definitely be running Shocking Aspect), you could consider using Meteor (Molten Impact, Liquefy, or Meteor Shower) with Conflagration, Magic Weapon (Electrify), or Slow Time (Time Warp). Since you're doing team games with a WW barb, you might consider running Frost Nova (Bone Chill), since you'll also be buffing your teammate's damage too.
Reply Quote
View profile
Ive never seen any class out dps me except WD and i play with a lot. Maybe windup is problem 4 u but watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf_k0wwGahU

Problem is it takes us like 6-10 sec to get rolling full DPS.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 3/4/2013 8:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yea once im in a pile spamming its okay maybe my expectations r to high. I Am used to my monk dealing good single target dps.
Reply Quote
Also is 200k dps cm wiz considered good or should target dps be higher? For mp10 that is. I feel very powerful mp5-7.
Reply Quote
Short answer: yes.

I have run with several SNS wizards with 150k-200k dps in MP10 and they do just fine. Traditional CM/WW will require a little more dps on sheet but 200k should be plenty to do alright in MP10.

-dolynick
Reply Quote
Any other skills i could switch up to keep effectiveness and increase dps? Keeping fn of course
Reply Quote
yeah man 200k will do you just fine.. if you feel a little un confident about it than bump it down to mp8 until you gain a little more dps.
Reply Quote
I am running SNS at a little over 210k, seems smooth and pretty fast.

Do I die? Yes, occasionally,

Where do I die most? Vault of Assasin, elite blazing guardian with horrible prefixes, such as horde, nightmarish and frozen.

For teamplay, dps wise, cm wiz is nowhere close to a hota barb at comparable sheet dps. But it is the cm wiz that makes the fight easy and make it possible for hota barb to dump all his dps .
Reply Quote
SNS at 209K DPS I can full clear Keeps 2 (including elites) at MP10 in between 12 and 16 minutes.

Trick is to have enough EHP to always be spamming.
Reply Quote
im gona be the ball breaker here, but for me no, 200k dps is not enough for being efficent in mp10.

can u do it hell yeah even with 100k dps if ur ehp loh cc and aps requirements are met, the point is how fast can u kill mp10 yellow packs for it to be efficent and with my 230k dps vs elites it still feels slow. like taking 30 seconds to kill an elite pack is not really efficent for me.

i find mp8 ideal for my dps as elite packs last less than the deepfreeze buff.

SNS at 209K DPS I can full clear Keeps 2 (including elites) at MP10 in between 12 and 16 minutes.

man compare that to doing skycrown, keeps2 + fos in 16 min in mp8... 16 minutes for an area is a lot.
Reply Quote
?? Aimless man, I love cmwiz too (that's why it's my main char) but we are out-dpsed by HOTA barbs no question, right? We are also out-dpsed by WD?! (I don't know the first thing about wd but how? 0-dog?)

Ive never seen any class out dps me except WD and i play with a lot. Maybe windup is problem 4 u but watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf_k0wwGahU

Problem is it takes us like 6-10 sec to get rolling full DPS.
Reply Quote
yeah 0 dog has a huge multi but i dont think they outdps us when we get to high end gear as they are pretty limited by gear, aka stuck with a !@#$ ilvl 58 source to make the build work so u wont see many get near 200k sheet dps.
Edited by ximae#1789 on 3/4/2013 10:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
03/04/2013 08:00 AMPosted by TjcGradius
Solo or group? I run with a well geared ww barb but feel even with shocking aspect my dps is lacking. Its funny but cm wiz is actually a workout in mp10 key 3-4 and right click are getting ripped on lol

Try this skill setup:

left click: wickid wind
right click: frost nova

1: diamond skin
2: explosive blast

Now, just hold 1,2 and right click. all you have to do after holding those is spam left click for tornados and the rest happens automatically (if you continue to hold 1,2, rightclick). It will only work this way if you have frost nova on the right click for some reason.

This will also reduce some freeze stutter, it did for me anyways.
Reply Quote
or just macro it and hold down one button with ur mouse hand while u wank with the other.
Edited by ximae#1789 on 3/4/2013 10:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Carnac none brings aoe dps like us after wind up. Not to mention we not chasing stuff allvover map. Chasing like dead = zero dps.

Want to see a cluster f stand back and watch barbs or monk try and kill fast illusion shamen
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 3/4/2013 10:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
Imo Hota Barb is similar to Wizard Meteor. It seems fast with huge damage per hit, but nothing can be as fast as stunlocking continuous AoE.
Reply Quote
Camisto thanks for the tip will try once im home. I wanted 250k dps but i feel to reach that. I would have to sell all of my monk and chrrent wiz gear which isnt worth it. Even then i may not hit that number. Anyone see any blatant gear upgrades for that are not 1b a slot lol. Also can i keep the 2.73 breakpoint if i ditched the chant setup? Or does that also leave me with 0apoc? Thanks again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]