Diablo® III

ONLY ISSUE with brawling

Let me start by saying that I play a Barb, and I DO NOT believe they are underpowered, or that there is imbalance is PvP. Now that that is out of the way...

So I've now dabbled in the brawling a fair bit. It's definitely fun to mess around with, but I have come across one issue that I just can't ignore. An issue that makes some fights virtually impossible to enjoy, and even makes it a 'no-contest' at times. The issue I'm talking about is the crowd control abilities.

I understand they're a huge part of the PVM game, and I can appreciate them. But for those who played Diablo 2 and LOVED the PvP, you'll remember that that most crowd control methods (freeze, slow, etc.) were nerfed SEVERELY or didn't even work in PvP.

The reason this is so debilitation and hindering to Diablo 3's PvP is that there are times where, if a CC player is skilled and smart enough, you can go an entire fight without EVER controlling your character. Not a single click of your mouse has an impact on the outcome of the battle. Maybe some of you will disagree with me but I have gone periods of 45 seconds where I could have stood up and grabbed a drink, because my sitting at my computer has no impact on what my character will do. I'm would wager that others have experienced this.

I feel at times as though it's more like watching a movie than playing a game, and it is obviously frustrating. I want to FIGHT BACK not watch my character die. Anyone else agree with me here?

My take on a solution is that, as in D2, crowd control effects in PvP should be reduced SIGNIFICANTLY and limited to fear, knockback, etc.

Some will disagree, but I don't think we should be turning other charcters into pigs, chickens, locking them up in traps rendering a player's mouse useless, etc.

Let me know what you guys think, maybe this is not the concensus, and maybe I am alone on this issue. But somehow I doubt it.
Reply Quote
Barbs also have lots of cc skills which you're using in your profile. Besides, I really doubt it'll take 45 secs to finish someone under cc off, usually it takes less than 5 secs so at least it won't be boring :P

If you kill cc-based builds you'll make speed/ehp(barbs) and range/dps(dh) based classes OP. This certainly hurts diversity. Also, you can use Wotb to negate cc skills, of course the down side is you only get to fight 15 secs, and have to run around for 105 secs...
Reply Quote
Barbs can survive 45 sec of cc through life regen. I totally agreed with OP that this is an issue. However the only class that can really CC you for that long is WD. If blizzard just balance WD then the CC issue will go away.
Reply Quote
03/04/2013 02:54 PMPosted by bigmonto
Barbs can survive 45 sec of cc through life regen. I totally agreed with OP that this is an issue. However the only class that can really CC you for that long is WD. If blizzard just balance WD then the CC issue will go away.

LOL if WD's can't even kill you in 45 sec of cc, how are they supposed to kill you if they can't turn you into a pig?
Reply Quote
I think we can all agree that if a WD can't kill me in 45 sec, then my gear is obviously worth 800mill more than theirs, and I DESERVE to destroy them.
Reply Quote
03/04/2013 03:57 PMPosted by TravDawg
I think we can all agree that if a WD can't kill me in 45 sec, then my gear is obviously worth 800mill more than theirs, and I DESERVE to destroy them.

Yes, all you need to do is change your build so you can get out of the zoo in 45 sec. You don't have to nerf their cc to beat if your gear is so much better.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]