Diablo® III

Chantodo Source Specs

I know the desired random properties is APOC.

but there is a damage thingy, example.

58-400 dmg
or
200-300 dmg.

can you guys recommend what is the best damage range when buying a chantodo Source?

Thanks In Advance.
Reply Quote
set average dmg to the top slot and it will tell you can adjust what you are looking for
Reply Quote
I would just go to the Auction House, look up Chantodo's Source, and then enter the max amount of gold you have, and just buy the one that has the most damage... that would be your best bet, but it would pay off if you save up your money to afford a 10mil one, which you also have to be very careful of because sometimes they are WAY too overpriced. However, if you can find one that has a lot of intelligence as well as regular damage, (170+ intelligence) then you're golden. I bought one for 100k that is better than any other one that I've ever looked at.
Reply Quote
+Int is more emphasize than the Damage?
Reply Quote
average damage generally equal's out to the first number plus the second then divide by 2.
example 50-400= 50+400=450/2=225 average damage.
Edited by NoObZ#1964 on 3/2/2013 3:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
I believe that the Higher the lowering range and the total dmg (meaning low+top /2) is how it works.

Meaning ie source 100low +300 top = 400/2 = 200 avg damage.
Is better than a

50low + 350 top= 400/2 = 200 avg damage.
Since there is more chance of hitting at the low end of the dmg of an offhand so u want it to be as high as possible to give u more damage overall, but also considering to get highest possible avg damage u can find in ur budget. Apoc off hand is really expensive over 250avg dmg.

I was lucky to find my offhand and that's not even apoc, just a lot of avg dmg.
Reply Quote
Meaning ie source 100low +300 top = 400/2 = 200 avg damage.
Is better than a

50low + 350 top= 400/2 = 200 avg damage.
Since there is more chance of hitting at the low end of the dmg of an offhand so u want it to be as high as possible to give u more damage overall,

Ok, you fail in math so hard. 200 avg vs 200 avg is equal.
200=200, that's the simple math. Average means, that (min+max)/2. With low min and high max you will see some lower numbers and some higher. With roughly close min and max dmg, but same average, you will see numbers more equal.

But your dps will be the same.
Just to see simple 200 avg dmg vs 200 avg dmg is equal in dps and dmg too in long range.
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 01:13 AMPosted by xRasmussen33
set average dmg to the top slot and it will tell you can adjust what you are looking for

/thread

dont listen to these other morons they have no idea wtf they are saying

avg dmg > int > everything else

of course this is talking non apoc source
Edited by Drizz#1485 on 3/4/2013 7:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
Some bad advice in this thread.

If you're running CM pay for the 9 attack speed over the 8.

Also, you might as well pay for the 10 CC over the 9. If you HAVE to drop below 10 CC, look at the 9.5s.

Once you've done that, either go APOC or look for Int/Vit split stats.

Don't be enthralled by average damage--its perfectly possible to find a source in the average damage 270 range that is much better than a 300 damage one.
Reply Quote
Some bad advice in this thread.

If you're running CM pay for the 9 attack speed over the 8.

Also, you might as well pay for the 10 CC over the 9. If you HAVE to drop below 10 CC, look at the 9.5s.

Once you've done that, either go APOC or look for Int/Vit split stats.

Don't be enthralled by average damage--its perfectly possible to find a source in the average damage 270 range that is much better than a 300 damage one.

Couldn't agree more.

When I bought the source in my profile, I gave up about 40 average damage. Dem stats are more sexy. That being said, I would have kept the damage range that my last one had if the IAS on this one was only 8, and say the crit chance was 9. I always warn my CM friends against the 5.5's and the 8%'s. At a glance, it's just 1% and .5%. But if you keep that mentality, you get to the end of your gearing and realize that you left 5% crit and 5% IAS on the table. And that will make you sad :( Don't be sad.
Reply Quote
Imo just buy whatever IAS value that helps you get to the breakpoint, sure the more the better but it doesn't matter much whether it's 8 or 9 as long as you hit breakpoint, not worth the premium.
Reply Quote
^ completely agree with Novice here. More the better....obviously, but not if its going to break the bank to get the 9 when just an 8 gets you across the breakpoint.

I think what the OP was referring to was the min and max ranges.

In many ways, a 240-260 source will be the same as 100-400. The "average" DPS at the end of the battle will be the same. However, the first one will give you very similar damage numbers all the time whereas the later one could give you a monster damage number....followed by a very smaller one. You'd see this mostly in something like meteors. But with the CM build it matters very little difference since you are doing tons of very small damage with the twisters, shocking aspect damage within the twisters, EB's, shards. Its all little bits of damage that adds up to a ton, but the low-high range numbers get completely washed out in the mix.

look carefully at sources though. One with 300 avg damage and 180 INT will give the same damage output in the end as one with 250 avg damage and 280 INT. And you get 10 more All res with the later one. The prices are very different though....use a DPS calculator...or AH link to see which one give you more DPS.
Edited by PieHole#1628 on 3/4/2013 12:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/04/2013 12:00 PMPosted by novice
Imo just buy whatever IAS value that helps you get to the breakpoint, sure the more the better but it doesn't matter much whether it's 8 or 9 as long as you hit breakpoint, not worth the premium.

Problem with this is you end up getting locked in with under 9s. The premium for 9 IAS over 8 on the Force isn't huge and it keeps your options open elsewhere in your gearing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]