Diablo® III

CMWiz what is the min gear change for archon?

I am pretty happy with my gear for cm wiz but I have bloody nubs left for fingers after a run or two. What is the min gear change for me to go archon for farming i.e. switch chant for fury with these specific attributes and off hand to this: and your ring to this: is what I am looking for. I currently run mp 10 with cm with minimal deaths if I made the changes that you suggest I could run which mp level? Thanks for the help
Reply Quote
View profile
~1000 dps OS CD LS weapon and GG. Maybe trade out some other stuff if you want crazy dps. Like I use inna pants for 12k more, my CD hellfire for 20K more, zuni ring and boot for 30K more etc going from like 210K CM to 440K archon cheap as hell.

Thats good till about MP 5 imo with idea of perma archon face rolling where you never fall out unless click out.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 3/4/2013 7:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
~1000 dps OS CD LS weapon and GG. Maybe trade out some other stuff if you want crazy dps. Like I use inna pants for 12k more, my CD hellfire for 20K more, zuni ring and boot for 30K more etc going from like 210K CM to 440K archon cheap as hell.

Thats good till about MP 5 imo with idea of perma archon face rolling where you never fall out unless click out.

Aimless would IAS really matter for Archon builds? I'm also thinking about making the change over lol.
Reply Quote
Yes IAS helps Archon. Anything that raises paper DPS helps Archon.
Reply Quote
All you really need is a LS weapon (well, need is debatable but a LS weapon makes it so much easier). You can eek out a lot of dps from minor switches though. Aimless alread said most but there's also a Triumvirate, as long as the LS weapon you get is a black weapon. If you do use Inna's pants, then you can drop your Lacuni for some high EHP high dps rare bracers (crafted or from AH).

In terms of price, zuni boots are dirt cheap and with the boots it's probably not hard to find a cheap zuni ring that will raise your dps over your nat's. Then the weapon and triumvirate can be pretty cheap (1-10 mil each). Inna's pants can get expensive I think, and good EHP bracers are probalby in the 5-15 mil range.
Reply Quote
View profile
I think my source does more than trium and i have 1100 dps black
Reply Quote
03/04/2013 09:51 AMPosted by Aimless
I think my source does more than trium and i have 1100 dps black

Yeah, but your source is pretty sick. My 10 mil gold source is only 5k dps less in my archon gear than your source. I'm betting you could find a triumvirate that would give you the same dps as your chanto for a lot less than your chanto is worth though.

In general, triumvirates with a black weapon should give more dps than chantos, and for cheaper, which is why I usually recommend triumvirates for Archon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]