Diablo® III

Spike Trap

Critique my build, and no I dont need ar. Thx!

edit: iso: cc/cd/trap maras
Edited by Obechu#1116 on 3/5/2013 10:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
hell yeah dude! Rockin 32% bonus to Spike Traps!
Reply Quote
I think i just need 2os manti, spike maras, witching, and bola dml. I wouldnt mind switching out of innas to a more ehp pants.
Reply Quote
Yeah in a spike trap build ya do need AR because face tanking to get mobs to stand on your echoing traps is most efficient. Unless you are using spike traps for really low MP where spike trap sucks anyway. :P
Reply Quote
Scatter spike trap is actually pretty effective on lower MPs like mp4. On MP4, one scatter still kills a white mob in one shot.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I like scatter on lower mp as well.
Reply Quote
nice, so what crit numbers are you getting with EB? just curious

(I have +25% to spike trap myself, but higher overall dps)
Reply Quote
about 1.2 on avg and upwards to 1.5 atleast once per elite. im still missing some very crucial gear pieces. also nice gear veritech :)
Reply Quote
1.2 to 1.5 is awesome for your dps! I'm on my farming gear now so you cant see my spike stuff, but we should play together sometime and blow things up :)

you should get a cheap dex witching hour, just to boost your CD a bit and that'Ll make a nice difference right there..
and also an soj with a higher % of dmg vs elites

o/
Reply Quote
where you guys getting your numbers on spike trap %?? i wanted to gear towards traps/bola but only have the 14% on my nats..
Reply Quote
not sure what the question is, but for highest single crit damage,
you need to gear for high dex, high CD/CC. AS comes last as a bonus. also obviously the manticore is the preferred weapon in this case

then add MFD, archery, even steady aim, and profit :)

o/
Reply Quote
totally agree with veritech ... mi amore

edit: if you dont like steady aim try going for caltrops crit and cull of weak for sustained crazy dps
Edited by Obechu#1116 on 3/5/2013 8:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
I love Spike traps :)

now they do 500-620 on each critical... im workin to get more... but to to get full eficiency u got to face tank all ... so u need a lot of ehp... but ehp+dps in DH it´s so expensive :(

@Obechu

u could trade some ias for cc realy helps
Edited by DarKLideR#1188 on 3/6/2013 4:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
Weapon first. Get a 2 socket manticore. I got mine for 90 mil, and it'd be a pretty big increase in dps for you.

Both rings need help. Bonus to elite is 5% off, 2% off spike trap, so that's 7% damage increase on that ring.

The skull grasp vs a solid 5% crit, 40% crit damage, high dex ring would be an interesting comparison. I wonder what would win out there...

That'd be my thoughts at least.
Reply Quote
I could use some advice here too! Skills/gear both. Veritech, I noticed you socketed your manticore with a ruby and an emerald instead of two emeralds. Does that maximize DPS?

Also what are everyone's thoughts on skull grasp (CD, DEX) vs. SOJ (Elite dmg + fire dmg)?
Reply Quote
wolf, your manticore does not have dmg% so I don't think I ruby will be good for you. use a calculator or d3up and check to be sure.

same with the skull grasp/SOJ. use a calculator before shopping. for me it was a no brainer. the % vs elites is too big to pass by. I can kill an elite pack with 3 well placed EBs on MP4 w 255k paper dps and 22% spike trap bonus

o/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]