Diablo® III

Patch 1.08

I read that only what Travis has confirmed will be in 1.08 will be in 1.08. Can I get some clarification on what we know will be in 1.08. So far it seems the ID all and possible monster density fixes. Please let me know if I'm missing something and if itemization changes will take place in 1.08.
Reply Quote
I skimmed through, but I thought it was: ID All, tightening rare rolls, legendaries rolling monster level affixes, and more legendaries including lower level legendaries with stats suitable for Inferno. Everything else was ideas that are being worked on. And I didn't see anything about monster density fixes.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/05/2013 02:09 PMPosted by Gorthon
I skimmed through, but I thought it was: ID All, tightening rare rolls, legendaries rolling monster level affixes, and more legendaries including lower level legendaries with stats suitable for Inferno. Everything else was ideas that are being worked on. And I didn't see anything about monster density fixes.

The only changes we've confirmed to be working on for 1.0.8 are Identify All, a new multi-craft option, monster density adjustments, and AH comparison tooltips. Travis sums everthing up quite nicely here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8087879561?page=4#76

The other changes in Travis' blog are being discussed for after 1.0.8.
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 02:49 PMPosted by Lylirra

Guess we'll have to wait longer for those new ilvl63 legendaries to hit the game.
Edited by Phantom#1322 on 3/5/2013 2:56 PM PST
Reply Quote

The only changes we've confirmed to be working on for 1.0.8 are Identify All, a new multi-craft option, monster density adjustments, and AH comparison tooltips. Travis sums everthing up quite nicely here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8087879561?page=4#76

no mention of ID all in his blog or post, but am very happy with that addition to 1.0.8
Reply Quote
Thanks for the clarification Lylirra. Feels good to get a blue response on one of my first posts. I appreciate your time and need to ask one more question. If you could give me an approximation for patch 1.08 (this month, next month) that would be great. If there are no legendary and itemization fixes hopefully this patch should be out sometime soonish. I just ask b/c similar to many other players I am anxiously awaiting the improvements. Thank you.
Reply Quote

I know you guys hate estimates, but would asking whether 1.0.8 will be out in Q2 or Q3 of 2013 be a broad enough brush for you?
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Phantom

Guess we'll have to wait longer for those new ilvl63 legendaries to hit the game

another good year i'd say...
Reply Quote
this game need a quest to you can put a socket at one item....

this make a new revollution at game.....

example... im got a goodly axe on my primary, but, no has a sock...
im not hungry if im need espend a 20m igg to make one sock on this....
Reply Quote
How about a "Turn Mini-Map Off" option?
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Phantom

Guess we'll have to wait longer for those new ilvl63 legendaries to hit the game.

nuuuuuuuu
Reply Quote
I wonder if the AH compare tool will be identical to comparing in chat or if will show hidden damage such as set bonuses and "elemental damage"
Reply Quote
sounds good save some time
Reply Quote

Guess we'll have to wait longer for those new ilvl63 legendaries to hit the game

another good year i'd say...

Hmm did some calculations and found that Diablo 3's 1-year anniversary comes in 71 days on May 15th (70 days and 14.15 hrs to be precise EST timezone wise). PTR takes approximately one month (depending on patch size) to undergo testing. That leaves about 41 days to implement these ideas (including the new ilvl63 legendaries) into patch 1.08 right on par with the 1-year anniversary. I doubt this will happen (unless they release patch 1.09 which I assume will be the new ilvl63 legendary(s) patch right after patch 1.08 but who am I kidding) but it would be pretty cool to see some sort of a special event for the 1-year anniversary to make up for the wait.
Edited by Phantom#1322 on 3/5/2013 3:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
i really really really hope color dye for legendary is ready in 1.8 =( for all colors.

and maybe even aditional colors, kinda color blending dyes... or colors that create special effects

glittering, shining, etc etc .

anyhow.

we all need to look different. or try to be.

everytime we see a DH or barb is always same look LOL.
Reply Quote
One of the big things this game is missing is a "lounge map". Rather than logging in and seeing your boring menu with general chat, AH, and a quest choice you should have a mini world you can load into where you can walk around, with an auction house and other people visible. You should then be able to talk to ppl in that world, trade items, form up parties and go into the Acts together. I feel so lonely when I log into D3 right now and feel so disconnected from everyone else, until I manage to find a group of people. This would help get rid of that lonely feeling, as you'd be in a world, with other people walking around and doing things right next to you. Much more like a friendly, MMO rather than a single player RPG.

If we could make D3 feel more social, it would attract a lot more and keep older players coming back. This lounge area would replace the boring general chat and give you a feeling that you are actually "together". People could also duel easier and it would feel more natural, rather than inviting ppl into your party just to duel. Now you can duel, craft, trade, check out the AH and do whatever you want in this lounge area, WHILE FEELING SOCIAL!!!! This is key and Blizzard should value this comment like a gift from above. I hope they see it!
Reply Quote
+100 ID all

Not sure where he is going with itemization. Hopefully he is not making all dead mans legacys roll 20 ias an perfect skill buffs...so "everybody gets one".

Sometimes listening to gamers is ok, sometimes listening to gamers whine is the wrong thing [most of the time]

Reply Quote
put a pvp icon on the menu so whoever want to go for pvp can just jump in directly
Reply Quote
and if diablo 3 cant make more fun on pvp , then most ppl will be gone with the wind
Reply Quote
One of the big things this game is missing is a "lounge map". Rather than logging in and seeing your boring menu with general chat, AH, and a quest choice you should have a mini world you can load into where you can walk around, with an auction house and other people visible. You should then be able to talk to ppl in that world, trade items, form up parties and go into the Acts together. I feel so lonely when I log into D3 right now and feel so disconnected from everyone else, until I manage to find a group of people. This would help get rid of that lonely feeling, as you'd be in a world, with other people walking around and doing things right next to you. Much more like a friendly, MMO rather than a single player RPG.

If we could make D3 feel more social, it would attract a lot more and keep older players coming back. This lounge area would replace the boring general chat and give you a feeling that you are actually "together". People could also duel easier and it would feel more natural, rather than inviting ppl into your party just to duel. Now you can duel, craft, trade, check out the AH and do whatever you want in this lounge area, WHILE FEELING SOCIAL!!!! This is key and Blizzard should value this comment like a gift from above. I hope they see it!

LOVE THIS!! It'd be so great to see if Blizzard would implement this super cool idea.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]