Diablo® III

No LS or LoH on weps question

Looking at top tier barbs... alot of them don't have LS on their off-hand and dont use LoH on armor pieces. At what point is it okay to just gear for maximum damage? Why dont they use LS on atleast their OH? and i understand they can get LS from bloodthrist but, is that enough?
Reply Quote
I can farm MP6 with 3 percent no problem but when doing MP10 uber I have to throw on a IK belt for 6 percent total.
Reply Quote
You'll find that the majority of high-end Skorn barbs use LS Skorns. Some go for IAS+IK belt+bloodthirst, but I would say they're in the minority.
Reply Quote
Wouldnt it be more efficient to go with something other than bloodthirst when leveling?
Reply Quote
plvling or farming?*
Reply Quote
Probably almost impossible to efficiently run in MP10 (especially ubers) without LS/LOH on at least 1 of your weapons. I've LS on my MH and LOH on my OH but still feel it's better to use an IK belt over a WH belt because I notice I die more than I do when using my IK belt.

I'm on the lookout for a decent EF with LS to replace my OH. Hopefully by then, I can drop my IK belt for a WH belt.
Reply Quote
Probably almost impossible to efficiently run in MP10 (especially ubers) without LS/LOH on at least 1 of your weapons. I've LS on my MH and LOH on my OH but still feel it's better to use an IK belt over a WH belt because I notice I die more than I do when using my IK belt.

I'm on the lookout for a decent EF with LS to replace my OH. Hopefully by then, I can drop my IK belt for a WH belt.

I wouldn't say it's impossible. I can do mp10 as efficiently as anyone and I never die only using Bloodthitst for ls
Reply Quote

I wouldn't say it's impossible. I can do mp10 as efficiently as anyone and I never die only using Bloodthitst for ls

Cuz your gg is not like what we mere mortals have bro! :-)
Edited by MasterPUA#6728 on 3/5/2013 9:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
i know i made the choice for LS weapon, people here always told me it was an error. I like it. makes me very tanky and i can use rend lacerate in high MPs
Reply Quote
well I'm doing mp9 right now with just an ik belt for LS.... seems possible to do mp10 without a LS wep.
Reply Quote
@ OP

There's a reason they don't have LS/LOH in those spots.

#1--COST
#2--Lack of necessity.

I can carry 1 dead MP10 ubers and consider myself a mid tier barb...I have zero LOH, 2.9 LS on belt, bloodthirst takes it up to 5.9% total.....I'd love for one of my weps to have LS on it, I just don't have an extra bil in gold laying around....there is a ring available that could replace my MH ring on the AH and it happens to have LOH...but it's 200+mil....no thanks.

There isn't a cut & dry answer to when you should start going for damage....your skill selection, gear, and play style will have a synergy that will either support stacking dmg or it won't. Use a calculator before making major purchases and experiment extensively.
Cheers.
Reply Quote
i am primarily a skorn user. I have 2 skorns. the one i have equipped now with no LS and one weaker one with LS(5.7%). I find that percentage to be fine for any MP level. I don't use anyother life steal gear or the bloodthirst passive. I do use bloodthirst with my "powerhouse" skorn. I can survive all MPs with either skorn, but it is a little easier to survive MP8-MP10 with my LS.

The biggest thing to use with skorns is Rend (bloodlust). That will make you invincible if you know how to use it well.
Reply Quote
@greywolf

Do you farm/mp lvl with bloodthirst? and if you do... how efficient are you?
Reply Quote
I have 700+ loh on my EF. I was lucky enough to find it.

The only time I'll use any life steal other than rend/blood lust is during ubers carrying someone and I'll throw the blood thrist passive on. I also use a completely different build for ubers, but with my current setup rend/blood lust seems to be more than enough when farming. I mostly run mp5-7 for speed. Sometimes I'll run 9-10 if I'm feeling like playing for a while.
Reply Quote
So the question is..... Is it worth spending 200m gold on a weapon that would maximize my damage? Not worrying about LS or LoH and just subing in bloodthirst and ik belt when LS is needed?
Reply Quote
View profile
Having ls on good weps are expensive but they give you more flexibility in gearing.

Takes ages to save up for a good wep like mine Lol gl
Reply Quote
The day I decided to break up my IK set and replace my IK belt with a WH belt, I was glad I had LS on one weapon as it just kept my barb humming.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]