Diablo® III

Improving co-op in 1.08

Let players be able to carry scrolls or items for identification, like in D2. That way players would no longer need to town just to identity stuff, slowing down the pace of the group game.
Reply Quote
It would also be nice if we could stack out collectors edition angel wings. This takes up alot of space when you have 10 characters! :)
Edited by DemonSlayer#1965 on 3/8/2013 7:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 03:06 PMPosted by Wyatt Cheng
Yea I was thinking this same thing. I played with two others today and did my normal farming route, and my efficiency was cut in half. It wasn't even me carrying them they aren't bad players or poorly geared, it just slows everything down so much and doesn't really add any benefit. Co-op is the opposite of fine when it's bad in every way possible to add more people to the party

We are looking to improve co-op farming efficiency in 1.0.8. Co-op play in general is a big focus of the 1.0.8 patch and efficiency is definitely one component of that. Co-op is already more efficient for some players, but this is the exception rather than the norm. The degree of co-op efficiency depends heavily on the co-ordination of the party, skill builds, and the relative gear level of the teammates. Since launch we've made some modest changes to encourage co-op play but there's still room to go farther. At the same time, we don't want to go so far as to make multiplayer feel "mandatory" for those who prefer to play solo, but we still want to err on the side of being co-op favorable.

There's also a number of hurdles to co-op play beyond raw efficiency, so we'll be looking to alleviate/solve some of those hurdles too. The Identify All feature in 1.0.8 is an example of this. Sometimes the trip back to town to sort through a bag of gear is enough of a hurdle to make somebody feel playing co-op isn't worth it. Nobody wants to be in the dungeon fighting monsters while your teammate is off in town identifying a full inventory.

That is one of the most irrelevant post I have read.

Why did you say that? What is your solutions?

You just agreed that it was not what you wanted, which is obvious to 100% of the playerbase, so why did you post, honestly?

Is coop gonna bring more exp? more.. of something?

If you are a blue and you just agree with the OP, why do you post at all if you don't bring something new to it?

Why Blizzard so... stupid?
Reply Quote
There are alot of interesting comments on how we could make co-op playmore interesting, but unless you give us a reason to want to play co-operatively the point becomes moot. Currently int he game to only reason (besides the scial side) to play co-op is to get hellfire rings. Even then, its not really co-op play.

Personally, I love alot of the ideas listed above. Especially the ability to have fire chains etc that become boosted as more players join into a game. I love the idea of boosted exp for more players, and I really like the idea of having more than 4 players. Having never played WoW before I cant comment on the mass 30 or 40 player 'raid' style objectives, but its an option, assuming we can get some build diversity into our current characters.

Just my 2 cents,

Regards,
Matt
Reply Quote
We loss our follower exp boost when in co-op. So boosting the exp gain just like monster hp gain for each player join. Extra 15% - 20% exp gain for each co-op. If 4 ppl group get buff +45 to +60% exp gain. So doing uber run is more rewarding... I believe this will also lowering player from doing botting if co-op is rewarding.
Reply Quote
First you might want to try to get people to play before you try to make them play together. -=\
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 03:06 PMPosted by Wyatt Cheng
We are looking to improve co-op farming efficiency in 1.0.8.

Just let more than 4 players in coop games, let it be at least 6 - this would be the biggest benefit for all players, please break this unreasonable limitation.
Reply Quote
Co-op killing speed just doesn't match the speed of playing solo. A well coordinated group may be close to as fast but you wont get that group by hopping into a public game.

Solo play I get bonuses from my follower and monsters have much less life.

Co-op play I lose follower bonuses and monsters have much more life.

Coordinated attacks from multiple players rarely kill faster that I could do it solo. Survivability can be a little better in some groups but the kill speed is almost always slower. Nothing beats kill speed for efficiency and there is no bonus for playing in a group, in fact there is a penalty.

I actually play Co-op quite a bit and I enjoy playing with other people. I want to see what other people's characters can do and show off what mine can do. At the same time I realize I am taking a huge hit to my efficiency by playing Co-op.

A much larger bonus for exp could offset the kill speed penalty for players trying to paragon lvl (less loot but more exp). What they really need imo is more powerful skills that benefit co-op play. Buff's you get from other players should be more powerful.
Reply Quote
SUPER TANK! I wanted to be different from all the other build and decided create the greatest tank barbarian. I didn’t want to go with the high DPS trend. The other day I dueled with another barbarian that had 179k for DPS (one of many) and of course he was nowhere near my defensive prowess. I thought to myself, “I may not have the DPS to beat him, but he certainly won’t beat me. I was destroyed in less than 10 seconds. I have mixed and matched every defensive skill (active / passive) and tried stacking them to no avail. In a span of 10 seconds I should be nearly indestructible, but that’s not the case. I can’t help to believe that there is something wrong with the mechanics. It disappoints me to think that I’ve spent more than 300 hours and nearly 200 million in gold to break free from the mold of high DPS characters and it was all in vain. I’m married, I have kids and I play when I have a chance. I don’t have it in me start all over from the ground up to make a clone of every high DPS character out there. In all calculations, my barbarian should be everything that I envisioned it to be, but it’s not. This is true in game and duel.

The following are my stats: Armor 12,700, Life 98,000, Dodge 30%, Block chance at 70%, and AR 750. The skills I use are: Threatening Shout (Falter), Ignore Pain (Iron Hide), Rend (Blood Lust), Revenge (Provocation), Nerves of Steel, Tough as Nails, and Relentless. I regenerate life 450 per second and life on hits at 1700 points x3 per second.
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 10:56 PMPosted by Wyatt Cheng
you'll always want 8 players, and I can respect that

Hello, thanks for sharing this information, but I still have a few questions: Have you asked community about how many ppl they want to have in coop game? I am confident that 99.9% would say 8ppl at least. The answer: " the screen becomes so crowded" is not good, I had a chance yesterday to play in public game 5ppl, I dont know if that bug or some tests from your side, but we played full time 4 act in 5ppl game, - and I want to say that this was awesome!

I suspect that you say so because you still did not balanced the game for more than 4ppl in coop, so I would encourage you to work in this direction, if you bring back 8ppl games - the number of people in public game will increase incredibly, believe me. Because currently сoop games looks like castrated: we have 5 different classes - but they cannot play in single game all together.
Edited by Alec#2540 on 3/9/2013 12:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
The direction so far has been positive (except for BoA Gems IMHO) but this game is really broken and boring at the moment.

They need to implement something really interesting for people to come back, and itemization needs to be fixed ASAP, but bringing new content into this 'game' should be the main focus really.

As of this moment, all u can do in game is :
1. Farm act 3
2.Ubers (not really viable now, most people already have got decent Hf rings and have lost incentive to do ubers)
3. Craft (Not viable for most people who have crafted trifectas and BIS items, which is quite a few)

Which brings us back to point1, farming act 3.

IF u choose to farm act 3, you need to do it with trusted friends cuz 99% of the pub gamers are undergeared.

I honestly think they should be heading in the direction of implementing group events and sieges and whatnot, rather than focus on minuscle details like ... identify all, which frankly should have been in the game from the first day of launch ffs.
Reply Quote
Not sure if this was posted already but nice addition would be for player Banner toggle would make display icon next to to player who used for more convince of notifying the party.
Reply Quote
Why not release a Diablo3Editor, like in SC2? The community will make lots of content for free. That way we can have lots of content, and the developers can focus on the more important things.
Reply Quote
Hi my name is Mighty. Im a tank. Why is there no roles for a low dps tank on mp 10 co op and I am not leeching i just dont die. There shouldnt be 4 500k dps classes on mp 10 co op it just doesnt make sense. I just dont see any roles for the classes really there is no primary healer or reviver in the game either. When will there be use for a tank especially one with vit build. The new thorns idea is good just add vit also make the primary stat your using be the % for thorns not just str int dex. I want some feedback to this question thank you for your time.
Reply Quote
Mighty, you are very right, that idea I expressed before:

they should give us ability to distribute stats manually on every new paragon level, on each level you get 7stats, from this point you have 3 ways of distribution:
1) all stats in via - for tanks
2) all stats in main stat - for class cannons
3) hybrids

also add a feature for respec.
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 08:33 PMPosted by UGotGanked
When 2 people party up, they could each get a 25% boost to experience, magic find, and gold find,

Except for the Magic find and gold find, Experience bonus when more people are in the game is already there.

maybe even a small boost to pickup radius as well.

BAD idea. Some people are really picky about those pickup radius especially for Health Globes. Some use it for strategic purposes and save it for later use while in combat. Raising the pickup radius over 7 will break that strategy.

There really is no incentive to kill ordinary content together due to the slower kill speed it usually causes

Not really, it depends on who you group with. If their characters are well equipped for the Monster Power level you're on or even better, your runs will be just as fast as you are alone, or even faster. Group with newbies with gears that don't really match well with the Monster power level, and it will slow your game down.

The Identify All feature in 1.0.8 is an example of this. Sometimes the trip back to town to sort through a bag of gear is enough of a hurdle to make somebody feel playing co-op isn't worth it. Nobody wants to be in the dungeon fighting monsters while your teammate is off in town identifying a full inventory.

This I feel is the only necessary improvement in co-op I can think of for now. Everything else shouldn't be touched yet.
Reply Quote
We are looking to improve co-op farming efficiency in 1.0.8.

Just let more than 4 players in coop games, let it be at least 6 - this would be the biggest benefit for all players, please break this unreasonable limitation.

I would love to, but there is a really big technical problem when adding more players to the game... Graphic lag. This will force every player to get on a high-end computer when playing the game.

With an average computer (something that was bought between 2007-2009), a player will already experience severe drop in frames per second when there are four players in the group. Add to that problem is the visual effects of the skills (especially Witch Doctors' and Monks') plus the pets, plus, a huge mob of monsters (like 15-20 tormented stingers)—it drops you to a painful 5-8 frames per second slow. What do you think it will do if you have 8 players, mm?
Edited by Vendetta#1450 on 3/11/2013 10:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
We are looking to improve co-op farming efficiency in 1.0.8. Co-op play in general is a big focus of the 1.0.8 patch and efficiency is definitely one component of that. Co-op is already more efficient for some players, but this is the exception rather than the norm. The degree of co-op efficiency depends heavily on the co-ordination of the party, skill builds, and the relative gear level of the teammates. Since launch we've made some modest changes to encourage co-op play but there's still room to go farther. At the same time, we don't want to go so far as to make multiplayer feel "mandatory" for those who prefer to play solo, but we still want to err on the side of being co-op favorable.

There's also a number of hurdles to co-op play beyond raw efficiency, so we'll be looking to alleviate/solve some of those hurdles too. The Identify All feature in 1.0.8 is an example of this. Sometimes the trip back to town to sort through a bag of gear is enough of a hurdle to make somebody feel playing co-op isn't worth it. Nobody wants to be in the dungeon fighting monsters while your teammate is off in town identifying a full inventory.

10 months late, friend list almost empty ... hell even my wife quits ... solo is still so much more efficient this is simply crazy and stupid.

STACK OUR MF!
INCREASE CO-OP DROP RATES!!
INCREASE MONSTERS DESNTIY IN CO-OP GAMES!!!
Reply Quote
Wow i have not real much blue post that makes complete sense and this is the first one!
Wow u finally agree 100% the first time with things that annoys players, and u solve it directly
Although I dont have much issue IDing things one by one, but post like that really encourages ppl, shows that u really are listening n fixing things
Great one!
Reply Quote
Play co-op smarter.

Don't pick up greys and whites. As soon as someone's inventory is full, EVERYONE should go sell. This coordinates down-time.

House rule: no gem-crafting in multiplayer. Do it on your own time (unsocketing for new equipment is OK.) If someone leaves to use the AH, keep playing. If they miss content by the time they rejoin, it's nobody's fault but their own.

More players equal stronger monsters equal more XP. No problem here.

Share drops with other players. If you get a yellow that someone in your party could benefit from, and you don't need it, give it to them. More people with better equipment equals better gameplay for everyone.

If you're playing 60+ content, coordinate bathroom breaks and smoke breaks so they take place right after or right before killing an elite/rare pack, so you don't risk losing NV stacks.

Whenever possible, play with people you know in RL. It is MUCH more fun that way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]