Diablo® III

Improving co-op in 1.08

I think one of the ways to make coop a better experience is if you could hot swap to a different build. Allow us to favorite three to five different builds. Then we can choose different builds for solo play, team play and/or PvP play. For example, Monks and Wizards have very specific builds with good synergies but are somewhat useless otherwise (Vortex / Freeze builds).

Another thing which seems to annoy a lot of people are leechers or undergeared players joining a high MP game. I think there should be a threshold so players have to beat Diablo to climb up to a higher MP. Another solution could be to add a name tag for public games so that we can choose who we want to play with.
Edited by Woah#2776 on 3/6/2013 4:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
1. More items which promote party play. An example will be auras from equipped items. For example, there can be a new legendary ring which increases hated generation by 1 hated per second for all party members within 5 + wearer's PUR. And the auras stack, so as long as the members stay together they can receive the benefits. Imagine four WDs together in one mana aura party!

2. Instead of +75% HP per addition player. Make it like +50% HP and +10% damage per additional player. This makes corporation and group buffs more important.

3. Enemy AI to target the closest player instead of random targets. The random nature of the enemy targeting makes it useless to build a traditional tanker/DPSer party. A DPSer could be more glass cannon if he knew the tanker can more reliably keep mobs off his back. A tanker could focus on more EHP if the group has enough DPS.

All these make party play more fluid and more rewarding in terms of gameplay. Instead of giving direct rewards in terms of hard exp/gold/loot, the rewards are greater efficiency using team synergy. Thus an efficient team will be better than an efficient solo player, but an efficient solo player will be better than a bad team.
Reply Quote
i didnt request for sticky and it said i did ((O)).((O))
Edited by Inka#1944 on 3/6/2013 4:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
If looking for an improvement over what is already in place.

You could triple the duration of shrines.

Double the efficiency of shrines while in a party.

Have the shrines turn bright red while in a party to look nice.

Increase stacks beyond 5 while in party up to 8-10.

25 yard gold radius buff while in party. Run speed cap raised up to 40% while in party.

Allow followers in party but damage and crowd control effects are reduced. Gold find and Magic find stay as they are currently.

After brawling and defeating 2* players you get 15 percent Vitality buff called prepared for battle.

Resource regeneration increased by 20 percent while in a group. Group buff. Damage is increased by 5 percent if within 30 yards of another player. This effect stacks per player.
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 03:06 PMPosted by Wyatt Cheng
Yea I was thinking this same thing. I played with two others today and did my normal farming route, and my efficiency was cut in half. It wasn't even me carrying them they aren't bad players or poorly geared, it just slows everything down so much and doesn't really add any benefit. Co-op is the opposite of fine when it's bad in every way possible to add more people to the party

We are looking to improve co-op farming efficiency in 1.0.8. Co-op play in general is a big focus of the 1.0.8 patch and efficiency is definitely one component of that. Co-op is already more efficient for some players, but this is the exception rather than the norm. The degree of co-op efficiency depends heavily on the co-ordination of the party, skill builds, and the relative gear level of the teammates. Since launch we've made some modest changes to encourage co-op play but there's still room to go farther. At the same time, we don't want to go so far as to make multiplayer feel "mandatory" for those who prefer to play solo, but we still want to err on the side of being co-op favorable.

There's also a number of hurdles to co-op play beyond raw efficiency, so we'll be looking to alleviate/solve some of those hurdles too. The Identify All feature in 1.0.8 is an example of this. Sometimes the trip back to town to sort through a bag of gear is enough of a hurdle to make somebody feel playing co-op isn't worth it. Nobody wants to be in the dungeon fighting monsters while your teammate is off in town identifying a full inventory.

The REAL thing we all want is a system that co-op knows our 'teirs'. You know how many get mad that a 200k barb is matched with a 30k barb? Allow it so that the system knows you have to be like 180k+ to be with that 200k barb etc etc. This allows our mp level gens to be more useful and not mental basket cases.
Reply Quote
Please bring back 8 player games. Can you imagine the efficiency with a game packed with killing machines all with active skills that help the party...we'd have a diablo game again...not to mention, the mobs would be melted away. Like someone else mentioned, at least let us have our merc while partying...they were fun.
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 05:01 PMPosted by Corrupt
Increase stacks beyond 5 while in party up to 8-10.

Good idea. Up to 8 stacks though. One for each extra player.
Reply Quote
UNless there is a way to truly ban leeches it really doesnt matter what you do. The more eifficient you make farming at higher tiers means a fatter swamp for the leeches to feed in. Right now the average ratio is approx 1/4 is a leech. You make it 8 players.... its gonna be the same as ever. Except this time you have 2 leeches that if you have a hard time booting vs just one. So far this is just human leeches, let's not forget the bots as well. I notice they are approx 1/5 of the population of the leeches.

You increase farm effiicency = you feed leech more (they get even more mf/gf, or there are simply more)

You increase players to 8 = an even harder time to get a good game in.
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 03:15 PMPosted by Drothvader
Less loot in general is going to help with downtime. That in conjunction with identify all will almost eliminate the need to make several trips to town between each run.

I play almost always in random pub games and I never do this?

First of all people need to learn to do the following:

- Don't pick up every damn blue and rare that drops. Never pick up blues and ONLY pick up rares that have the chance of being good (like more then half are never good no matter their roles = don't pick up)

- If you DO need to go to town, always have 1 stash tab empty so you can just put a bunch of UNID gear in there and get back to the group ASAP.

- ID your crap once the run is finished, not during the run (exception being Legendaries).

- Anything else that means you aren't making others wait on you in a multiplayer game.

Too many players play multiplayer as if they are playing solo.

People standing around doing nothing. People joining games and AFKing in town till they get vote kicked (seriously, what is up with that). People spending 10 mins just before a boss encounter ID-ing and vendoring etc making everyone wait.

And, my most hated: People standing ID-ing their crap when a boss encounter starts and assumes everyone else will run to the boss to start the encounter.

Learn to play with others, basically.
Edited by Alcovitch#1247 on 3/6/2013 5:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
Honestly, it's already FAR better to co-op play when you're with even a moderately coordinated team that has similar gear. My friends and I run a group of three most often with

Monk:Me, and my job is to buff allies and use cyclone strike to pull ranged enemies into large groups so that

Wizard:My computer programming friend who loves mashing buttons far faster than necessary, he's a CM wizard who's job it is to keep all the enemies contained and CCed so that

Demon Hunter:My other friend who likes doing TONS of damage (maybe he should jungle and get a triforce?) can do... Well, TONS of damage, especially with echoing traps.

Of course this means playing on a difficulty higher than where you can just one shot everything, which as we all no isn't efficient. In my opinion, the only thing keeping co-op from being viable to necessary as is is the fact that the higher MPs don't have any significant reward.
Reply Quote
While we're at it, make it so we can Inspect from anywhere, anytime. I absolutely HATE having to be close to a player to spec him. Oh, and get rid of all the dialogues, seriously. It sucks.
Reply Quote
We are looking to improve co-op farming efficiency in 1.0.8.

Be careful, the more efficient you make co-op play, the more advantage ISBoxers have over fair players.
Reply Quote
[quote="81545815694"]
There's also a number of hurdles to co-op play beyond raw efficiency, so we'll be looking to alleviate/solve some of those hurdles too. The Identify All feature in 1.0.8 is an example of this. Sometimes the trip back to town to sort through a bag of gear is enough of a hurdle to make somebody feel playing co-op isn't worth it. Nobody wants to be in the dungeon fighting monsters while your teammate is off in town identifying a full inventory.

Thats 100% right.

So, what was the reason ID all wasn't a feature in the game out of the box ? How long will it take Blizzard to slowly realize "d2 fanboys" aren't complianing only because they are "fanboys" but because many systems in d2 simply worked better. ID all is one of them.

To do list:

- game creation
- traveling between acts in the same game
- more variety of socketables

and when you do, PLEASE don't say why you finally figured out it "works because..." most of know why these things work, some things have become formula and need not be figured out again over months.
Reply Quote
Sharing Magic Find power on some level will greatly help...As it stands, I can find more magic items when soloing with my MF geared follower than when I play with friends
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
- Don't pick up every damn blue and rare that drops. Never pick up blues and ONLY pick up rares that have the chance of being good (like more then half are never good no matter their roles = don't pick up)

I see that as an issue that you can know if a rare is good or bad just by looking at it before it's identified.

Even then, I only pick up ilvl 62 or 63 items and I still manage to completely fill my bags in a short span of time.

There's simply just too much loot.
MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716#2
Reply Quote
30% GF/MF bonus for 2-person parties, respecting the base 300% cap
40% GF/MF bonus for 3-person parties, respecting the base 300% cap
50% GF/MF bonus for 4-person parties, respecting the base 300% cap

10% EXP bonus for 2-person parties
20% EXP bonus for 3-person parties
30% EXP bonus for 4-person parties

Must be within 250 Diablo yards of other players to get the buff. This takes away the Leoric/Hellfire bonuses and follower bonuses for GF/MF that you lose in multiplayer. That's a quick and dirty way of encouraging party play.

Something along these lines, although I dont agree with taking away hellfire and similar bonuses. Since this game was released group play has been discouraged. MF actually decreased if another player joined with less haha, thats really pathetic. With recent patches at least you stopped penalizing us. There should be a bonus for group play. Don't worry so much about how we deal with leachers, its part of the game. PvP in every act might help. Let us deal with that. If you make group play more rewarding, making it more difficult is ok too.
Reply Quote
If possible, increase the player limit to 6-8 and create new MP levels that go with that, in fact,make it only on those new MP levels where the cap increase would be in effect. Personally, I'd want this for all difficulties and MP's, but beggars can't be choosers... I guess. Lol
Reply Quote
We are looking to improve co-op farming efficiency in 1.0.8.

On this subject...

I've said it so many times before that, if it wasn't for the fact that we have such an illustrious participant in this particular thread, I wouldn't even bother saying it again:

\\\\\\\\\\\
Whatever incentives are implemented to attempt to populate the wasteland known as "d3 co-op", they need to exceed -- not just "balance out", "override", "negate", "nullify", "make up for", etc., but "EXCEED" -- the numerous disadvantages that are introduced by simply playing co-op in the first place. (discussed in relative detail here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004045343#17)
///////////

(Oh well, maybe there is an additional reason to discuss this all ONE MORE TIME: simply because of the fact that for each of the times D3 team has already attempted to address the "co-op sucks" issue, they have failed completely.)

Bottom line: offer a feature ppl want, and ppl will use it.

I guarantee you won't have to make 6 weeks worth of "behind the scenes", "developers' corner", "blizzard insider", "strategies of sanctuary", blog/forum posts, press releases, youtubes, tweets, etc. to explain to players the nuanced advantages and oh-so-delicate design concerns behind "identify all" when it (finally) comes out.

Players will just see for themselves that it is so strikingly, obviously, powerfully better, that the decision "to use or not to use" is a "no-brainer".

Now just do the same thing with co-op.

The sooner you guys understand how to succeed, the sooner you can stop failing. YWVM.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]