Diablo® III

Improving co-op in 1.08

30% GF/MF bonus for 2-person parties, respecting the base 300% cap
40% GF/MF bonus for 3-person parties, respecting the base 300% cap
50% GF/MF bonus for 4-person parties, respecting the base 300% cap

10% EXP bonus for 2-person parties
20% EXP bonus for 3-person parties
30% EXP bonus for 4-person parties

Must be within 250 Diablo yards of other players to get the buff. This takes away the Leoric/Hellfire bonuses and follower bonuses for GF/MF that you lose in multiplayer. That's a quick and dirty way of encouraging party play.

At the same time, we don't want to go so far as to make multiplayer feel "mandatory" for those who prefer to play solo

so.... no
Edited by Worldslayer#1626 on 3/6/2013 7:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
How about they leave all normal mob hp same as single player but only the elite and boss get extra %hp per players?
Reply Quote
http://www.diablowiki.com/Nephalem_Cube
http://www.diablowiki.com/Cauldron_of_Jordan

aaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I'm not in town so much.
Reply Quote
Another thing that would be worth adding is increasing the limit on how many demonic essences and gems that can be stacked in one space. 100 is not enough when people need hundreds of the flawless square gems to create max level gems. This can cause a build up in the stash. Also since your making an option to craft multiple items, this would help on the demonic essence as well.
Reply Quote
It would greatly help if there was a sell all function added to the upcoming patch. It sucks to have to sell all your crap click after click. Having a sell all would greatly increase gameplay and will allow you to be more proficient playing the game.
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 07:44 PMPosted by DemonSlayer
Another thing that would be worth adding is increasing the limit on how many demonic essences and gems that can be stacked in one space. 100 is not enough when people need hundreds of the flawless square gems to create max level gems. This can cause a build up in the stash. Also since your making an option to craft multiple items, this would help on the demonic essence as well.

Spot on.
Reply Quote
BLUES, please allow the party leader's follower be present in co-op!!! I really hate losing the 15k DPS and 3% crit chance that my scoundrel gives me.
Reply Quote
Because monster have so much HP at 3-4 players (expecialy at high MP) playing alone is much faster.

I suggest to add a special buff when we play in group :
(a icon would be placed in the right bottom corner, beside 'social'. Cooldown of 5 min. to change it)

2 players : 5% more XP and 2 pickup radius
3 players : 10% more XP, and 3 pickup radius and 5% more damage
4 players : 15% more XP and 4 pickup radius and 7.5% more damage

Could be also (better I think) :

2 players : 10% more XP OR 4 pickup radius OR 5% more damage OR All Resist +5%
3 players : 15% more XP OR 5 pickup radius OR 7.5% more damage OR All Resist + 10%
4 players : 20% more XP OR 6 pickup radius OR 10% more damage OR All Resist + 15%

I don't see the point of the magic find or gold for group playing. But it can be add for those who are looking for loot !

So a buff, not too big, but enough to boost the toon and help it to acheive his goal faster or more effeciently.

Finally, I would introduce the 'Super Elite', available only at 4 players. Those would be 1.5x the size of regular Elite. Not a lot more HP, but many bad affix to make us cry (like you kill it and they resurect or your are moving very slow at 50 yards from them or your can not use use weapon for all the fight--) bare hand only, etc.). To make is special, at the moment that we see it an animation full resolution would zoom on monster for 3 seconds to make us cry a bit before the fight !

Reward : 'Super Elite counter'. At 10 or 25 counter, you get a Legendary drop from the 'Super Chest'. Only one 'Super Chest' per day (or week). You can also use your 'counter' to get 'Super Cast' one time spell. Complete heal for the party, unvulnerable for x sec, Casting an Armagedeon (huge blast of damage), 2x DPS for x sec, Casting an Angel that help you a lot, etc.

'Super Cast' icon are also located beside the social icon (bottom right). When you actived the spell, the action pause for 0.5 sec. and everybody can see that the spell is being cast (make us feel playing in group and you feel powerfull). Cooldown 5 min.

Let me know what you think !
Reply Quote

Must be within 250 Diablo yards of other players to get the buff. This takes away the Leoric/Hellfire bonuses and follower bonuses for GF/MF that you lose in multiplayer. That's a quick and dirty way of encouraging party play.

Something like this would work, or a simpler solution would be to nerf (or completely remove) the monster HP buff, thus allowing people to play on higher MPs in groups, which would also give them MF/GF/exp. As it currently stands, going from solo to 2-man we lose a small amount of DPS/eHP, a small amount of MF/GF/exp, and in return we get 70% more monster HP. Awesome trade. Unless everyone can move together with the coordination of a multiboxer, the differences in class move speed, plus the extra HP, etc etc, just slow down the run more than the extra DPS helps.

It would be great if when logging on to farm, the first thing we'd want to do before farming was gather a group of friends, rather than just hop straight into solo A3 runs. I'm glad the dev team is looking into fixing that.
Edited by Dazarath#1968 on 3/6/2013 8:00 PM PST
Reply Quote

At the same time, we don't want to go so far as to make multiplayer feel "mandatory" for those who prefer to play solo

...but in Diablo 2, you would get more XP and better loot quality if there were more people in the game :( That didn't stop people from soloing.

so.... no

My approach is to have more "puzzle ring-like" legendary. It's good on your own, and even better if your team are using them.

Edit: for some reason, my msg got stuck in between.
Edited by DoomBringer#1994 on 3/6/2013 8:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
Don't forget to go the other way of co-op too. There needs to be an option to play without your friends bugging you or better yet, knowing you're online.
Reply Quote
Let's beat the dead horse again:

1.) I play console and PC games. No ranked big team battle in Halo=I was dunzo. I don't play multiplayer, so I can just play with 4 people... It's not very fun. This is 2013, and I understand that bandwidth cannot keep up with graphics, but please increase the player count in this game from at least 6 to preferably 8. I know it is a longshot, but most of us want this I believe. Letting us use our followers in multiplayer games is also preferable as others have mentioned. Its just not very exciting with a 4 person game.

2.) Add increased MF incentive for people in the game, and also have MF affect the number of legendaries dropped as a seperate category

3.) Add additional EXP bonus for the amount of people in game

4.) Bring back items and skills that are team oriented, like certain buffs and auras.

5.) Better waypoint system between acts

6.) Decrease amount of useless rares and identify all is a good idea

7.) Need some kind of scaling system or lobby based games for various mp levels as people have mentioned so we don't have leechers

8.) Make killing the big bosses worth it. Give us some good rares and legendaries and higher xp

9.) Increase mob density

10.) We need new content because we are sick of farming the same places.

That is all I can think of right now.
Edited by BkJPwNaGe#1514 on 3/6/2013 8:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile

so.... no

but we loss 20/20/7 GF/MF/Exp bonus without our followers....
Reply Quote
I wonder if they will increase the sell value of items to compensate for reducing the number that drop. Otherwise that will be kind of a stealth gold sink.
Reply Quote
Coop is only more effective for people who are under-geared and need to leach off geared people in pub games. At best, it's AS fast as playing solo for good players, never faster. If someone joins and you go faster than when you play solo, then that person is better than you and you are holding them back. I still play coop all the time because I have RL friends to play with and some awesome people on my friends list, so it does frustrate me that it's less efficient. I'm glad to see you guys are looking into this. Coop should feel like an advantage. That's the whole point of coop. You are ganging up on your enemies.

My advice would be to tone down the ridiculous hp scaling at the highest mp levels. Coop isn't bad on lower mp but at the top it's a punishment. It shouldn't take almost twice as long to kill an elite on mp10 as it does on mp9. Coop just exacerbates this by adding even MORE hp. Make enemies hit harder if you want to compensate. I dunno, just my 2c.

are you sure? key farming is mind numbling by yourself, with one other person it makes finding the warden and elites a hell of alot faster then it would be with 1 person...

edit: to clarify i play on mp6 on my monk with a barb. maybe this is a specific case? not sure..
also -- i give him 8% ias which helps his dps tremendously, and i get increased resist and armor from his shout, which helps me also, as mp6 alone would be more difficult.

overall i think its easier for both of us in our situations to group up and farm instead of by ourselves.
Edited by Fathme#1690 on 3/6/2013 8:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 03:15 PMPosted by Drothvader
Less loot in general is going to help with downtime. That in conjunction with identify all will almost eliminate the need to make several trips to town between each run.

I totally agree. I will actually like to see 2-3 rares pop out of a body in the next patch
Reply Quote
I don't know that this would "fix" co-op, but it is an irritation I have had for a long while with the game. Blizzard makes games with extreme polish (regardless of whether the mechanics work as well as anticipated) and one of those factors is this: all elements of the game are meaningful and useful to the overall play of the game.

In D3, there are a number of factors that simply are thrown in and have no meaning. Someone on a different post mentioned how the vendors are useless other than to dump your trash items. The thing that irritates me the most is the pathetic experience rewards given for the kill streak, environmental kills, and multiple kills in a single shot. Seriously!!? WTH... the bonus experience you get is often times less than a single monster kill. Of course it scales, but very poorly. Additionally, Who Cares!!? Experience at a late stage in the game is nearly useless, especially dished out in such small amounts. It feels like this aspect of the game was thrown together and is particularly meaningless to how people play.

Make this a meaningful part of the game. Maybe make the reward a small increase to something like % increase experience, gold find, magic find, defense, offense, speed, ANYTHING, Something that has some sort of value. Let the bonus scale similar to how it does right now with the worthless experience. It could be something like 1/10% increase experience per enemy killed for a set amount of time, or even a scaled timeframe that increases with the number of kills. Maybe it would be refreshable or stackable.

This could be incorporated into a co-op game more significantly than single player. I've been in co-op games that the kills go on and on which doesn't typically happen in single player. This could be useful in differentiating co-op from single player. Yes, co-op is harder, but the potential damage buff would level the field, maybe make it easier, quicker, and more preferable than single player. Of course the buff would not be guaranteed, the whole group would have to work together to achieve it.

I'm only one person brainstorming. I'm sure people out there could significantly improve on this idea. But please, please, PLEASE!, fix this wasted gameplay element somehow. It is irritating to me because it could be so much better. On that note, fix all the useless elements in the game. There are more than just this one. It is not like Blizzard to have these in games.

**hopefully this hasn't been discussed before. I have never seen it and I apologize if I'm being redundant.
Edited by Naxan#1356 on 3/6/2013 8:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
Each additional player adds only 75% more Hitpoints to the monsters, so if your efficiency drops, it means that you or the other player(s) are not pulling their full weight.

In other words, the problem is you, not the game.

Co-op is fine the way it is, in my opinion. I do not want to see a situation where co-op feels mandatory compared to playing solo.
Reply Quote
we don't want to go so far as to make multiplayer feel "mandatory" for those who prefer to play solo,

On this note, any revelations on an idea to prevent D/C deaths in HC? I'm reluctant to play my preferred solo game play after loosing a character I had invested a lot of time in, to something out of my control.

I've been playing with others solely because they may save me if my connection dies.

I don't usually post, but if more players voice their concerns on this, then the issue may be acknowledged, or maybe even addressed. Hopefully the latter.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]