Diablo® III

Barb MP10 ravage keeps 2 legendary farm

This is a short guide to the new build for barb only. I have been using the new ravage build posted on reddit and the YouTube video moldran released.

First off I changed the build a little because I found it time consuming because of deaths trying to get fury at the start of the run due to fallen maniacs rng. So what I do is use unforgiving in town, get battle rage, switch to brawler then head into the keeps.

Here's my build.

Over power/Killing spree
Rend/ravage
Battle rage/into the fray
Wrath/thrive
Sprint/into the wind
Whirlwind/hurricane

Passives include weapons master, brawler, ruthless. Use unforgiving in town once you have battle rage up switch back to brawler. Then go back into your portal.

For gear I would recommend at least 50k health, 500 resist, and around 200k DPS. This is a skorn only build. Your skorn doesn't have to be good. Just make sure to have 3% life steal on belt. It's all you will need.

The run is on mp10 keeps 2 only. Kill only white mobs. You basically whirlwind past elites, rend white mobs, then move to next pack. At the end of the run hit tab and look for legendaries pinged on the map. If you die at the start with thrive on cool down, restart the run.

I will record all my findings on this thread and the time involved.

So far this is what I have found.

04 Mar Run was 2 hours long
Vile ward - 1
Nats embrace - 1
1 handed crossbow - 1
2 handed mighty weapon - 1
Cindercoat - 1
Wizard hat - 1
Frost burns - 1
Fire walkers - 1
Windforce - 1
Blackthorns belt - 1
Sever - 1
Gidbinn - 1
Echoing fury - 1
Ageless might - 1

05Mar 34 mins

Lacuni Prowlers -1
Wizard hat - 1
The Inquistor -1
Frost burns -1

Please keep the thread clean. If you want to provide feedback or try the build out post your findings here. The reason I'm doing this is to collect feed back for the barb community on proving this is by far the fastest way to farm legendaries currently.
Edited by Ixir#1276 on 3/5/2013 3:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
I feel that punish is not a good choice for this build, as you only use it to get started so you should at least focus on fast fury generation if you're going to sacrifice this slot. Perhaps consider overpower momentum there which can fill fury in an instant as well as provide some supplemental AOE dps as you do the run.

However, I still think overpower killing spree is the best choice overall. You'll get more consistent at starting up with practice, and you can also do some gearswapping with a mighty weapon if you want more fury on hit at the start. There's also the IK set which can be swapped in for passive fury generation if you wish.
Reply Quote
I will be running more tests with different builds, such as killing spree and swapping brawler out with unforgiving.

The start up is just painful without using a fury generator, maybe use 1 handers to start up and then swap out using skorn.

Punish felt like a good idea for my first set of runs however. I do agree that having killing spree will speed up runs, but the runs itself are fast enough without it tbh.

Will be running more tonight to collect more data.
Reply Quote
I would swap out bash for overpower momentum.
During the start up, just run into the pack, hit overpower, and you'll get either half or even full fury.
Then hit Rage, followed by sprint and then whirlwind few times till you're ready to go berserk mode, then rend away.

Overpower works on objects such as barrels, tables, doors too, just in case you lose gas whilst sprinting thru empty spaces.
Reply Quote
Yeah I know how momentum works, but it's not really a huge dps boost like killing spree is. Seems like a wasted slot as well IMO. Killing spree is by far the best option, but it also sucks for the start up.
Reply Quote
Also had been doing tests with and without a cold soj. The cold proc is still nice for keeping the whites in the nados. Overall I think a rare ring is probably the best option.
Reply Quote
haha yeah, beats having to swap to a mighty weapon all the time. I've been messing around with lacerate rune too, however, since the AOE smaller compared to ravage, requires effort to rend a couple of times at missed spots. Nonetheless, lacerate is still viable for peeps with lower dps
Reply Quote
I don't mind using no fury generator while dual wielding, but for skorn it's just ugh lol. Sometimes I go in try and get my fury up and here come 5 maniacs. FML. Lol
Reply Quote
Runtime: 1 hour

Wizard Hat-1

lol RNG is still RNG i guess.

I also agree with running without a fury generator and using overpower:KS. The start up becomes seemingly easy after you run a non-fury generator build on a regular basis.
Reply Quote
I love this. I use dual wield and in my testing I clear faster than using a skorn, I don't know why, but I use the same runes and passives as you, very good guide. Keep it up!

Zelda
Reply Quote
Update

Use unforgiving in town, get battle rage up, switch back to brawler, gg.
Reply Quote
Did some runs with this, got 3 brimstones and 43m exp in about 20 minutes.

Seems legit.

Btw your basic attacks generate 4 fury. You don't need any fancy tricks, just click on the mobs and your rend will default to basic attack when you have no fury, then pop battle rage+overpower and start spinning.

Sitting at around 500k ehp I get one-shot by maniacs though...Not sure what amount is safe, but they are easy enough to avoid so not too worried about it.
Reply Quote
Did some runs with this, got 3 brimstones and 43m exp in about 20 minutes.

Seems legit.

Btw your basic attacks generate 4 fury. You don't need any fancy tricks, just click on the mobs and your rend will default to basic attack when you have no fury, then pop battle rage+overpower and start spinning.

Sitting at around 500k ehp I get one-shot by maniacs though...Not sure what amount is safe, but they are easy enough to avoid so not too worried about it.

Yeah that was the prob, some games I would create, pop in portal hit a couple mobs maniacs come and own you. I solved that prob by doing the unforgiving switch. Haven't died since.

I have about 560 all resist, 53k hp, seems like just one maniac I can take. Brings me to about 10k~ health. They are very easy to avoid while spinning, just the initial start up sometimes got me.
Edited by Ixir#1276 on 3/5/2013 2:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
What breakpoint for tornadoes do you need to keep permawrath with a Skorn?
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 04:21 PMPosted by jrp8234
What breakpoint for tornadoes do you need to keep permawrath with a Skorn?

On mp10 its very very very easy to keep up wrath in keeps. Even with low aps.
Reply Quote

On mp10 its very very very easy to keep up wrath in keeps. Even with low aps.

I really like the sound of that :)
Reply Quote
This is interesting! I will give it a shot although I am not 100% sure I have enough dps to just run through with Ravage.
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 04:58 PMPosted by xxxkan
This is interesting! I will give it a shot although I am not 100% sure I have enough dps to just run through with Ravage.

You are very close to the minimum requirements I would say. Some people have been testing it out with lacerate rune, takes a little longer, but it get the job done. I'm sure its doable with less DPS, it just won't as fast.
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 04:58 PMPosted by xxxkan

I'd be interested to know how you go, xxxkan. We have pretty similar stats. Can't try it myself right now, I'm at work.
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 05:14 PMPosted by gooball

I'd be interested to know how you go, xxxkan. We have pretty similar stats. Can't try it myself right now, I'm at work.

Just remember that I am paragon 100, so take MF into consideration.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]