Diablo® III

D3 is missing a general lounge area map

One of the big things this game is missing is a "lounge map". Rather than logging in and seeing your boring menu with general chat, AH, and a quest choice you should have a mini world you can load into where you can walk around, with an auction house and other people visible. You should then be able to talk to ppl in that world, trade items, form up parties and go into the Acts together. I feel so lonely when I log into D3 right now and feel so disconnected from everyone else, until I manage to find a group of people. This would help get rid of that lonely feeling, as you'd be in a world, with other people walking around and doing things right next to you. Much more like a friendly, MMO rather than a single player RPG.

If we could make D3 feel more social, it would attract a lot more and keep older players coming back. This lounge area would replace the boring general chat and give you a feeling that you are actually "together". People could also duel easier and it would feel more natural, rather than inviting ppl into your party just to duel. Now you can duel, craft, trade, check out the AH and do whatever you want in this lounge area, WHILE FEELING SOCIAL!!!! This is key and Blizzard should value this comment like a gift from above. I hope they see it!
Reply Quote
Love this idea so much.
Reply Quote
I have always thought this. I understand this game not being a huge social game like WoW, but it would be cool for every act to have a tavern so I can walk in and see other people and the gear they have equipped and whatnot....rather than just reading the chat window.
Reply Quote
I posted this same thread about 2 months ago..

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593622780#1

so yea great idea :)
Reply Quote
I posted this same thread about 2 months ago..

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593622780#1

so yea great idea :)

Great minds think alike :)

Thanks for the support guys! Let's hope Blizzard sees that we want this!
Reply Quote
You know, this actually sounds really fun.
Reply Quote
I agree with this as well. Back then in d2, people would add randoms to each other on friendslist and play together.. now its.... yea
Reply Quote
/signed
Reply Quote
Amazing Idea! would be nice too if you could designate what kinda of game your making. ie: PVP, quest, farming, key farming, messing around, w/e. just a few set categories,
Reply Quote
Plus Won
Reply Quote
Must have for barters in game... Two thumbs up party chat for all.... They will never put one in cause the 15% AH BS....
Reply Quote
+1

best idea by far, back in d2 i remember scrolling through everyones characters on the bottom and the very first time i played d2 seeing dead hc chars and thinking OMFG YOU CAN BE A GRIM REAPER?! :X haha
Reply Quote
I saw this post in the dev diary and +1'd it. So here's another free +1. It would make the game so much more fun with the extra social aspect.
Reply Quote
One of the big things this game is missing is a "lounge map". Rather than logging in and seeing your boring menu with general chat, AH, and a quest choice you should have a mini world you can load into where you can walk around, with an auction house and other people visible. You should then be able to talk to ppl in that world, trade items, form up parties and go into the Acts together. I feel so lonely when I log into D3 right now and feel so disconnected from everyone else, until I manage to find a group of people. This would help get rid of that lonely feeling, as you'd be in a world, with other people walking around and doing things right next to you. Much more like a friendly, MMO rather than a single player RPG.

If we could make D3 feel more social, it would attract a lot more and keep older players coming back. This lounge area would replace the boring general chat and give you a feeling that you are actually "together". People could also duel easier and it would feel more natural, rather than inviting ppl into your party just to duel. Now you can duel, craft, trade, check out the AH and do whatever you want in this lounge area, WHILE FEELING SOCIAL!!!! This is key and Blizzard should value this comment like a gift from above. I hope they see it!

This is something that I commented sometime ago in a much more discrete topic. Basically D2 was cool because you could see the char of whoever was connected on the server, click on them and check whatever you like without having to check profile and whatsoever...

In fact a lounge would be an awesome idea... this is a clear tendency for RPGS!

Btw, create a place where all the PVP players can be together so we dont have to beg for duels on chats!

tks
Reply Quote
I really, really like this idea.

Do it Blizz!
Reply Quote
I miss these days:
http://www.xtremetek.com/reviews/diablo2/images/chatroom1.jpg

Diablo 2 private chat rooms made it so much more of a "social" experience. I like the idea of a general realm where people can converse and discuss their goals for the day. But, even if we just got our chat rooms back, I would think it'd be a step in the right direction.
Reply Quote
Is it really gonna draw in more profit? no it wont it will decrease it players will be more likely to cut out the middle man and deal directly taking blizz out of the picture. The gold share compared to people that are gonna pay for an expansion to get this new idea...Now some people d3 because it dont have this they go to WoW do they lose money? No they make more because of that. Do they lose Diablo fans....yes. They have to have a first person because it would make diablo > WoW great for us bad for blizz now if they introduced a pvp arena or map that charges entry in gold Like a fee to go on ship or what not THEN this would make sense to them. Talk to Blizz not this forum it will never get anywhere
Reply Quote
some people *leave* d3
Reply Quote
Great idea actually. +1
Id love to go into a Tavern of sorts and see people hanging out. Would be great to get some groups started, for trading or for any sort of pvp. Much cooler than just some chatroom. Thumbs up!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]