Diablo® III

D3 is missing a general lounge area map

Love this idea, +1.
I agree they should make the chatroom more "visible".
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 03:58 PMPosted by KILLuminati
Is it really gonna draw in more profit? no it wont it will decrease it players will be more likely to cut out the middle man and deal directly taking blizz out of the picture. The gold share compared to people that are gonna pay for an expansion to get this new idea...Now some people d3 because it dont have this they go to WoW do they lose money? No they make more because of that. Do they lose Diablo fans....yes. They have to have a first person because it would make diablo > WoW great for us bad for blizz now if they introduced a pvp arena or map that charges entry in gold Like a fee to go on ship or what not THEN this would make sense to them. Talk to Blizz not this forum it will never get anywhere

So it's all about profit, and not having fun? Seriously? And here I thought I was playing something to be enjoyed..
Reply Quote
Am I the only one imagining the horrendous lag that we will encounter?
Reply Quote
Sweet idea. Each class can have its own area where you start.. all connected into a larger middle area with the things you mentioned.

Similar to the size of a main city in WoW or something. and when you party or start a game you make your own 1-4 player instance of course.

Sounds good to me, would change the game incredibly imo.
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 02:43 PMPosted by kirawr

Well obviously not everyone should be able to join the same Tavern. It has to be like public games with a max slot of players, say 20-30. And to reduce lag, no skills should be usable inside.
Reply Quote
Awesome idea OP

+1
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 02:48 PMPosted by dLux

Well obviously not everyone should be able to join the same Tavern. It has to be like public games with a max slot of players, say 20-30. And to reduce lag, no skills should be usable inside.

I'm not sure how familiar everyone is with the Diablo 3's engine, but it would not be able to properly support this grand idea yet at its' current state even if they nullified the physics algorithms to increase speeds. It's going to take a lot of tweaking and re-developing to accommodate simple actions (such as moving) from independent players without losing its' processing speeds. No matter how good your computer is, the game itself is limited to its' own engine.

Futhermore, Blizzards servers will need an amendment coding as well to support these types of lounges. Don't get me wrong, I completely support this idea, I'm just looking at the reality.
Reply Quote
Word.

Seems like common sense eh.
Reply Quote
I'm not sure how familiar everyone is with the Diablo 3's engine, but it would not be able to properly support this grand idea yet at its' current state even if they nullified the physics algorithms to increase speeds. It's going to take a lot of tweaking and re-developing to accommodate simple actions (such as moving) from independent players without losing its' processing speeds. No matter how good your computer is, the game itself is limited to its' own engine.

Futhermore, Blizzards servers will need an amendment coding as well to support these types of lounges. Don't get me wrong, I completely support this idea, I'm just looking at the reality

Completely understand your point. But honestly how sad would it be if a company like Blizzard cannot take care of something like this.
Reply Quote
well.. this was suggested way back in May 2012... if any new staff listens hurray.. if not well what a sad thread to be reminded of..
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 03:25 PMPosted by ZaPLaS
Completely understand your point. But honestly how sad would it be if a company like Blizzard cannot take care of something like this.

One of the main problems is that Blizzard is probably the only ones that know their engine inside-out, therefore they cannot look at any external aid in developing these ideas.

What Blizzard does right, they do it well. What they do wrong, they do it very wrong.
Reply Quote
One of the main problems is that Blizzard is probably the only ones that know their engine inside-out, therefore they cannot look at any external aid in developing these ideas.

What Blizzard does right, they do it well. What they do wrong, they do it very wrong.

well put kirawr :)
Reply Quote
<3 nice idea
Reply Quote
And suddenly the game turned into a MMORPG
Reply Quote
Amazingly this is what I thought happened when I bought D3... hope it happens someday... Ill be cursed if ps4 gets it and not us! lol

EDIT: Travis Day, we have faith you'll provide us this favor as well as itemization. Our hellish lands rest on your shoulders.
Edited by Thunder#1826 on 3/6/2013 4:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 04:36 PMPosted by DeadRu
LoL you all need to go play wow. This mmorpg idea has no business in D3.

I played WoW for about a year and got bored with it. Hated how I had to depend on a healer for a lot of the higher end dungeons and raids. D3 is very enjoyable for me, and this Tavern feature would improve it even more. You have to admit, it would be very cool. It definitely has every bit of business being in D3 in my opinion.
Edited by Zero187#1783 on 3/6/2013 5:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
+1 as well!
Reply Quote
Love the idea! :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]