Diablo® III

Fast farming vids and theorycrafting

So we don't hijack the Hall thread, I was hoping you could post your MP10 farming vid here...I am very interested to see it. Please make it 10 consecutive elite packs long (mine were done in Act 2, feel free to replicate)

This is the vid I will be referencing:

Act 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqxK5iUITGk&feature=youtu.be

And here is the breakdown: (I included the VoTA section and the 2 elite packs prior to it, I figure you will want to use VoTA in your run....just an assumption) All times are +/- 1 second

EDIT: Had 11 packs at first on accident....reworking the numbers with 10 packs this time....oops

Champion Locust pack
Start: 3:23
Kill: 3:41
Total: 18 seconds

Elite Dual Weilder pack
Start: 3:52
Kill: 4:03
Total: 11 seconds

Elite spellcaster pack
Start: 4:19
Kill: 4:44
Total: 25 seconds

Champ skeleton bowman pack
Start: 4:55
Kill: 5:11
Total: 16 seconds

Elite spellcaster pack
Start: 5:16
Kill: 5:45
Total: 29 seconds

Elite skeleton bowman pack
Start: 6:09
Kill: 6:32
Total: 23 seconds

Champ snake pack
Start: 6:48
Kill: 6:57
Total: 9 seconds

Champ spinners pack
Start: 7:32
Kill: 7:54
Total: 22 seconds

Champ spellcaster pack
Start: 8:10
Kill: 8:24
Total: 14 seconds

Champ spellcaster pack
Start: 8:40
Kill: 8:55
Total: 15 seconds

This gives me an average of 18.2 seconds per pack. I believe you said that you can kill within 10% of that? Giving you a target of 20.02 seconds per elite pack.

If I may make a suggestion to use VoTA as your starting point for your recording, then go to whatever location you prefer in Act 2 after that. If you lose WoTB during your vid that is fine, only elite kills while the buff is active will be counted.

I look forward to seeing your video....like I said, I hope I can learn something, good luck.
Edited by Wayneold#1685 on 3/3/2013 12:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
Also, even if you come to the conclusion that you could not do it I would still like to see the video, I just appreciate that someone would even take time to attempt to beat my times. This goes for anyone else out there that would like to participate as well. Please, feel free to share if you have a farming vid faster than this one.
Reply Quote
Anybody want to contribute? Or am I a man on an island?
Reply Quote
Hey Wayneold,

What is your APS fully buffed without follower? That video makes people drool. The skorn is LS skorn or IAS skorn?
Reply Quote
Way,

Yeah, can you list the gear. It appears your wearing a SOJ(COLD), unless the slow/freeze was from follower. Anyway. Interested to know what your Attack speed was, what the skorn was. You do no appear to have innas, so I magine you have attack speed on amulet, Rings, Gloves, Bracers, and Helmet. And how were you L/S. From the skorn? Belt? or passive?

Yeah just list the details. Currious to try this out.
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 05:03 AMPosted by Wayneold
Anybody want to contribute? Or am I a man on an island?

Its the mp10 elite/champion-pack killspeed your interested in ?

I can try to make a run with my dw hota spec.
Edited by Det0x#2856 on 3/2/2013 8:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
Here is my run: Diablo 3: Farming elite packs in mp10 @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC1lwk-lQOU

These are the times from my first 11 elite/champion packs in the run.

1 valor:
Elite pack
Start @ 00.27 --> done @ 00.43
= 16 sec

2 valor:
Elite pack
Start @ 00.51 --> done @ 01.05
= 14 sec

3 valor:
Champion pack
Start @ 01.20 --> done @ 1.34
= 14 sec

4 valor:
Elite pack
Start @ 02.06 --> done @ 2.34
= 28 sec

5 valor:
Champion pack
Start @ 02.39 --> done @ 02.57
= 18 sec

6 valor:
Champion pack
Start @ 03.35 --> done @ 03.48
= 13 sec

7 valor:
Elite pack
Start @ 5.19 --> done @ 05.48
= 29 sec

8 valor:
Elite pack
Start @ 06.00 --> done @ 06.23
= 23 sec

9 valor:
Elite pack
Start @ 06.48 --> done @ 07.11
= 23 sec

10 valor:
Champion pack
Start @ 07.33 --> done @ 07.51
= 18 sec

11 valor:
Champion pack
Start @ 8.11 --> done @ 08.24
= 13 sec

I choose to remove the time from "valor 4", as they they run away and hide under the earth. (video show what i mean)

16+14+14+18+13+29+23+23+18+13 = 181 sec --> 18.1sec average killtime on mp10 :)

Hope all my times and math is right.

ps. nevermind the music.. that is what happen when you have 30k songs on shuffle :)
Edited by Det0x#2856 on 3/2/2013 9:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
I have one question. Why do people run Brawler and not Berserker Rage when farming Demonic Essences, particularly the HotA Barbs?

I understand you´re often standing in the middle of a pack but I still feel that Berserker Rage should be easier to activate against them than Brawler (whenever they move). At least that´s what I noticed when watching your videos.

It´s a bit tricky for WW/RLTW as I think the fast ticking fury cost of WW messes this up (tried playing with inventory open), but I always get the bonus on Rend at least by stopping to hold down WW when I´m about to Rend.

It would be nice if you tested both passives with the inventory open and make a video of each. Maybe we´d learn something new.
Reply Quote
Good thread. Would like to see more vids. I'm gonna make one here but I don't think I can seriously compete... But I'm sure there are others out there that can.

Nubtro brings up an interesting question in with Brawler vs. Berserker Rage. I've always run WW/RLTW and just the idea of capping your fury while trying to maintain WoTB just felt counter intuitive. But if HoTA and even pausing to Rend with WW/RLTW would yield more uptime it could be the better option. Worth testing at least for sure.

Edit: Short Vid only 5, I'll post a full one later if I get more time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65lnC8CP9xc&feature=youtu.be

1 Champ Skele
03 - 53
50 sec. (Ugh)

2 Skele Pack
101 - 124
23 sec

3 Champ Skele Bow
205 - 244
39 sec

4,5 Skele Pack and Spin Guys? (to lazy to look up)
421 - 503
42 sec /2 21 each?

30.8 sec average
Edited by Dep#1326 on 3/2/2013 1:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
I have one question. Why do people run Brawler and not Berserker Rage when farming Demonic Essences, particularly the HotA Barbs?

I understand you´re often standing in the middle of a pack but I still feel that Berserker Rage should be easier to activate against them than Brawler (whenever they move). At least that´s what I noticed when watching your videos.

It´s a bit tricky for WW/RLTW as I think the fast ticking fury cost of WW messes this up (tried playing with inventory open), but I always get the bonus on Rend at least by stopping to hold down WW when I´m about to Rend.

It would be nice if you tested both passives with the inventory open and make a video of each. Maybe we´d learn something new.

I've done run comparisons with them nubtro. Beserker rage is just too unreliable because WW constantly depletes fury preventing it from getting a decent uptime.

Brawler isn't perfect as well but in the right person's hands can prove to be more effective.

@Det0x:

Hahaha great vid and timings.

The music however. >.>
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 3/2/2013 3:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hey Wayneold,

What is your APS fully buffed without follower? That video makes people drool. The skorn is LS skorn or IAS skorn?

Way,

Yeah, can you list the gear. It appears your wearing a SOJ(COLD), unless the slow/freeze was from follower. Anyway. Interested to know what your Attack speed was, what the skorn was. You do no appear to have innas, so I magine you have attack speed on amulet, Rings, Gloves, Bracers, and Helmet. And how were you L/S. From the skorn? Belt? or passive?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik9KrMQELeI&feature=youtu.be

In this video I scan the gear, and open my inventory....you might have to pause it to get all the info you want, but it's all there.

@Det0x

Great submission, I really enjoyed your video. I think with the +/- 1 second room for error we would come out to a dead heat, which is awesome in my opinion. It really goes to show the debate of "which one is faster, HoTA or WW" with end game gear it really is kind of a wash. Both builds can attain some of the fastest kill speeds in the game, and it really just comes down to preference.

@Nubtro

I wish I still had the gear to test this for you. Perhaps Uberjager or Det0x can contribute a video to the cause of education?

@Dep

You are looking good man....you have the skill down, now once you get the gear you'll be flying through content....well done.

Seriously man....you look like me playing....not trying to say I am the greatest, but I don't think I could do it much better if I really tried.

@Uberjager

Perhaps a couple videos made with the inventory open can help us all analyze the data? Not that I don't believe you....I just personally have never even tried it myself....you told me a while ago Brawler was best and I took you on your word and never even considered another option, heh.
Edited by Wayneold#1685 on 3/2/2013 6:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hey Wayneold,

Way,

In this video I scan the gear, and open my inventory....you might have to pause it to get all the info you want, but it's all there.

@Det0x

Great submission, I really enjoyed your video. I think with the +/- 1 second room for error we would come out to a dead heat, which is awesome in my opinion. It really goes to show the debate of "which one is faster, HoTA or WW" with end game gear it really is kind of a wash. Both builds can attain some of the fastest kill speeds in the game, and it really just comes down to preference.

@Nubtro

I wish I still had the gear to test this for you. Perhaps Uberjager or Det0x can contribute a video to the cause of education?

@Dep

You are looking good man....you have the skill down, now once you get the gear you'll be flying through content....well done.

Seriously man....you look like me playing....not trying to say I am the greatest, but I don't think I could do it much better if I really tried.

@Uberjager

Perhaps a couple videos made with the inventory open can help us all analyze the data? Not that I don't believe you....I just personally have never even tried it myself....you told me a while ago Brawler was best and I took you on your word and never even considered another option, heh.

Can't do videos for quite a while I'm afraid. In Australia with a crappy laptop (barely manages to run d3) But the main issue with Beserker rage is that it won't activate unless your fury is maxed. And that rarely happens while you're WWing as your fury depletes too fast with DW, I'm not sure how the results hold whilst using 2H weapons for WWing (I just recently purchased a LS skorn so I might do some tests)

@ nubtro:

I've always wondered about one thing... letsay IAS calculations in sheet always rounds the IAS value up to the second decimal place.

However, when using other external websites they usually calculate more than 3 decimal places. So I'm just wondering, whenever you WW does the game take the sheet value for IAS to calculate breakpoints or it takes the raw value without any roundings.

Thanks
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 06:49 PMPosted by Uberjager
Can't do videos for quite a while I'm afraid. In Australia with a crappy laptop (barely manages to run d3) But the main issue with Beserker rage is that it won't activate unless your fury is maxed. And that rarely happens while you're WWing as your fury depletes too fast with DW, I'm not sure how the results hold whilst using 2H weapons for WWing (I just recently purchased a LS skorn so I might do some tests)

Ahh, bummer on the no video thing. Trust me, I believe you on WW...also, with the introduction of Rend into my preferred build it kept my fury even lower, and was topped out far less times. How exactly does Berzerker Rage work though? Is it a buff that is activated immediately after someone gets to max fury? Does it take a few frames until the buff takes effect? How long does it last?

Also, same goes for Brawler....I never really investigated any of this information, just kind of went with what I thought worked best.
Reply Quote

Ive recored 4 videos testing berserker rage vs brawler. Starting to upload them now..

Results looks very good for bersker rage, atleast with a hota build.
Reply Quote
Ive recored 4 videos testing berserker rage vs brawler. Starting to upload them now..

Results looks very good for bersker rage, atleast with a hota build.

Thank you for going through the trouble.....now we need someone to do a WW/RLTW/Rend/OP:KS video for some comparisons.....
Reply Quote

Those gear checks are just insane. Almost impossible to emulate.
Reply Quote

Those gear checks are just insane. Almost impossible to emulate.

If you break it down it's not too terrible. The gear itself is high end, that is no doubt, but the basics are:

Life steal Skorn
42% IAS from gear
cold damage SoJ
24% Move speed

That's really all it takes. Although it sounds like a lot, I think a lot of people could emulate it if they wanted to.
Reply Quote
Berserker rage test 1 vs Ghom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PD00NvUpdQ

Very easy to stay on maximum fury with the help of the gas from Ghom.

Berserker rage test 2 vs Azmodan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUkkWXypivA

Have to use bash a little bit more then vs Ghom, but still easy to maintain maximum fury.

Berserker rage test 3 vs MP10 mobs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wFRU5HBbW0

Synergize very well with the HoTa spec, as you want to have max fury for the added critical chance anyway. Have to do a little more fury management then with brawler.

Brawler test 4 vs MP10 mobs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVvoSCJPYPY

The buff works as it should, but there is a few problems when you use it with a dual wielding HotA spec.

1: When the mobs dont line up perfectly, you have to kill them one by one. That means you lose the buff after you have killed the first one in the elite pack. (if there aint any other creeps around)

2: Most dw'ing HotA barbs use a echoing fury, making the mobs to spread out, and run away from you. Same effect as mention above.

Also, same goes for Brawler....I never really investigated any of this information, just kind of went with what I thought worked best.

Same story here. So i gotto say thanks to Nubtro for asking this question.

Think i gonna be using Berserker rage instead of brawler in my HotA spec from now on :)

Thank you for going through the trouble.....now we need someone to do a WW/RLTW/Rend/OP:KS video for some comparisons.....

Iam keen see to what results a ww/nado barb would get.
Reply Quote
Berserker rage test 1 vs Ghom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PD00NvUpdQ

Very easy to stay on maximum fury with the help of the gas from Ghom.

Berserker rage test 2 vs Azmodan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUkkWXypivA

Have to use bash a little bit more then vs Ghom, but still easy to maintain maximum fury.

Berserker rage test 3 vs MP10 mobs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wFRU5HBbW0

Synergize very well with the HoTa spec, as you want to have max fury for the added critical chance anyway. Have to do a little more fury management then with brawler.

Brawler test 4 vs MP10 mobs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVvoSCJPYPY

The buff works as it should, but there is a few problems when you use it with a dual wielding HotA spec.

1: When the mobs dont line up perfectly, you have to kill them one by one. That means you lose the buff after you have killed the first one in the elite pack. (if there aint any other creeps around)

2: Most dw'ing HotA barbs use a echoing fury, making the mobs to spread out, and run away from you. Same effect as mention above.

Same story here. So i gotto say thanks to Nubtro for asking this question.

Think i gonna be using Berserker rage instead of brawler in my HotA spec from now on :)

Iam keen see to what results a ww/nado barb would get.

I guess this all comes down to playstyle. :P

Iono. I've always preferred Brawler over rage because of the way I group elites and trash mobs. (Meatgrinder :D #Wayneoldstyle)
Reply Quote
Hey Wayneold didn't do this for this thread, but get some decent kill times none the less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoZpDop_7-s&list=UUEhaSKjYn05zAzbkD51e-Aw&index=2

1st pack @ 0.07 - 0.31 = 24 sec
2nd pack@ 0.35 - 0.53 = 18 sec
3rd pack @ 1.04 - 1.17 = 13 sec
4th pack @ 1.24 - 1.44 = 20 sec
5th pack @ 2.03 - 2.24 = 21 sec
6th and 7th together at 2.45 - 3.41 = 56 sec
8th pack @ 4.29 - 4.47 = 18 sec

total of 170 sec, / 8 packs = 21.1 sec average kill time

I can probably shave time off that because I wasn't really concentrating on kill time for that video, was doing a demonstration of multi monitor surround.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]