Diablo® III

Fast farming vids and theorycrafting

Sorry for the double post but tested Brawler...

BRAWLER MECHANICS
Brawler works similar to Berserker Rage - after the initial activation, the game starts a timer that checks after 65 frames (45 frames for Berserker Rage) whether the conditions for another activation are met. Afterwards, the game checks for activation 60 frames on each subsequent try.

Minimum duration: 65 frames (1.0833 sec)
Subsequent duration: 125->185->245->305->365 frames etc. (+1 second each time)

If the buff drops, the next time it´s activated, you get 65 on its initial phase again.
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 3/5/2013 12:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 01:59 PMPosted by Death
@ Nubtro, mind doing a little testing to see if pick up radius has any effect on brawler? Acrimony said it does affect it but I don't have the time or patience to thoroughly test. :)

It absolutely does not....I still had my gear when he made that claim, tested it, didn't work. Then I asked him about it...he said he heard it from a guy who saw it in a forum who claimed it on a live stream, etc.
Reply Quote
@Nubtro

Interesting....Brawler's mechanics are not in sync with that of Berzerker Rage....that kind of throws a wrench into everything....Brawler has a 50%ish increased uptime on every proc....so now if we use both passives on a standard run, can we try to count how many times each one procs? That way we can determine which passive has the greater uptime overall?

I realize I keep saying 'we' then making everyone else do all the work.....I apologize.
Reply Quote
View profile
What do u mean by not in sync? The two passives don't stack? If they don't stack ; I think it's not worth testing since it's more tedious to execute berserker rage with full potential for most casuals. Brawler prolly ends up better and more feasible.
Reply Quote
@Lightofeast

They do stack, I think you are misunderstanding what Nubtro and Wayneold are saying. The mechanics of how they are activated and how the game "checks" to see if the conditions are met are slightly different. I have a video up a couple posts back that shows both Brawler and Berserker Rage working together. I would reread the thread, It'll jump out at you I'm sure.
Reply Quote
What Dep said
Reply Quote
View profile
Ya I was trying to clarify that point. Anyway irregardless of whether they stack my 2nd point still stands.
Reply Quote
Ya I was trying to clarify that point. Anyway regardless of whether they stack my 2nd point still stands.

I don't know....we are kind of clueless as to which passive procs more....some say Brawler, some say Berzerker Rage....I think we will end up finding out that it is just about dead even and you should use whatever you want.....but, it's still worth doing a little testing, right?

Seems kind of silly to come this far with testing it and then just assume one works better than the other with no real evidence.

Also, I corrected your post for you. :P I'm not much for grammar but for some reason using irregardless when you meant regardless, and when people use the word 'literally' wrong it drives me up the wall..... Don't take offense, it was just my anxiety taking over....couldn't let it stand.
Edited by Wayneold#1685 on 3/6/2013 12:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Wayne don't get offended btw. I'm not undermining you guys' findings in the techincal aspects of the skills. Just stating my own presonal opinion as a player and user.

Like I mentioned earlier, I was referring to the casuals when I compared the two skills. Well u may be damn skilled to maintain ur Max fury in all situations and timed ur self perfectly for the prOc, the reault is not constant as the skill lvl of the players varies. The mechanism of the two skills are also very different (my perspective ) hence the result will only end up non conclusive.

Ps; BTW I love reading ur posts and nub.. no hard feelings.lol
Reply Quote
I think it is premature to say that if given the proper information casual players couldn't make an adjustment to using Berzerker Rage....there are some very skilled barbs in this thread and I am confident that if they can find a way to maximize the buff they will be able to give direction to the community as a whole.

I at least still don't fully understand how to maximize Brawler....and I used it for months....
Reply Quote
View profile
Oh Ya I'll look forward to the findings: )

Lol sRy about the irregardless word used, too used to saying that to my subordinates. No disrespect intended
Reply Quote
Oh Ya I'll look forward to the findings: )

Lol sRy about the irregardless word used, too used to saying that to my subordinates. No disrespect intended

None taken, and no apology necessary, im just slightly neurotic.

Thanks for your input.
Reply Quote
On my phone here, but I think I have a way to make a better test for Berseker Rage and Brawler. If I drop ruthless and equip a ring with 5% crit chance in place of my SoJ and do another run through with both passives and record their uptime this should work.

With this test I maintain my crit chance. The loss of SoJ damage and the slow might change things slightly but I think this could be a good way to test the 2. I can't speak for 2 hand users but like Death said I imagine you would get mor mileage out of Brawler.
Reply Quote
After i discovered "berserker rage" works much better then "brawler" for my HotA setup, ive been trying to see how much edps i can sustain and burst vs a single target.

These are my results.

5.5 mil edps sustained vs ghom @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBWKUZqO5o0

10.6 mil edps burst (insanity + earthquake) vs ghom @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaob8BBaI68

I know there have been faster kills, but iam happy with my times. Especially since iam able to play at mp10 with that gear without dying.. (cant farm with the gear combo that currently holds the record)

In my "sustained" testing i found that rend aint worth the hassle of losing fury. So i used warcry with +fury rune instead, for a shortcut to +25% damage from berserker rage.
Reply Quote
Berserker rage fits best with bash/punish (no rend) and a dual wield setup imo.

I'm not sure how best to use it with 2H. I find brawler very effective for HotA with 2H. You can make sure you are surrounded most of the time with HotA:Thunderstrike. The constant stun makes it pretty easy to stay surrounded.
Reply Quote
View profile
Detox we doing the test more for ww spec. hota with berserker rage is kinda standard issued nowadays lol
Reply Quote
View profile
Any test results yet?
Reply Quote
Detox we doing the test more for ww spec. hota with berserker rage is kinda standard issued nowadays lol

I cant see you are doing any tests :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]