Diablo® III

Bring back Diablo runs

This post has been Improved and moved here... http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8198640798

Diablo 2's end game was all about Diablo himself. Toughest boss in the game with the best drops. D2 LOD was no different with Baal. I personally don't find it rewarding WHAT so ever to attempt to kill Diablo at all after killing him once to progress the difficulty stage. This is a huge disappointment to me and I'm sure the community.

Diablo's fight in D3 I personally think was the most challenging out of the Diablo games. A much longer battle. This battle with grouped players also brings a slight challenge of facing your companions shadow clones can sometimes be very tough and the ability to continually pounding Diablo as he's dying is currently pointless but has potential to be something rewarding. (reach a spec. amount of damage while bashing to increase drop rate)

Gathering 5 stacks in ACT 4 can sometimes be tough and most of the time you must face "The betrayer" ( :D ) in order to gather the complete 5 stacks to face Diablo. With the time invested in gathering 5 stacks and the sometimes lengthy battle of Diablo, it doesn't feel like facing this battle is worth anyone's time.

I believe by changing this, it may freshin' up end game and bring a bit of familiarity to the game. Personally I feel Diablo's drops need to be better and this should only be applied to partied games or public games with multiple players. Pushing this into games where players can do it solo will make this easier and less rewarding then to push it with party games and public games. It makes Diablo himself harder to face and will allow players to stop and share what they found.

We have keys to farm for, BOA hunting, Act 3 XP runs... Now I think it's time to give us Diablo runs. A true Diablo end game is Diablo himself.

*Edit*

After reading the recent post of itemization. I think they are going in the right direction but I think viewing this post from them would give them a better idea of what to do. I really dislike the idea of the first time you fight a boss is when you get the best chance for great loot. Reason being is what if on that first fight you got bad luck? This would mean your screwed for future boss fights.

Allowing us to take on Diablo with a much greater chance for great drops in group play is a great way to give us new additions to end game and the ability to play as a group like the classic Diablo 2 style that I think majority of us miss.
Edited by BrentBlemish#1494 on 3/12/2013 10:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Something down those lines. Diablo's battle with grouped players has huge potential to be a great end game event for players to battle together and get better loot. But this shouldnt be applied to solo games. This is to push players to play together and face Diablo together to get great loot together. Much like D2 with Diablo and Baal.
Edited by BrentBlemish#1494 on 3/3/2013 9:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
Farming the same boss over & over again is boring
Reply Quote
You can get your 5 Stack in Act 3 and it now carries over to Act 4. But that aside, it's ridiculous to have the boss the game is named for drop such crummy loot almost all the time. What were they thinking -- if they were thinking at all. It's like a bad joke. Kill the King of Evil who holds the power of all the lesser evils and get no reward. He doesn't have to drop a legendary all the time, D2 Diablo didn't always drop a Unique but he almost always dropped at least one unusual and exciting rare.

I usually don't farm Act 4 but because of the new 5 stack carry-over I did tonight. Same yellow junk. On the other hand Azmodan did give me a good set belt, something he never did before for me.
Edited by hawkeye#1460 on 3/3/2013 10:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
Bosses should drop different/better stuff with 5 NV...

Having them drop the guaranteed yellow like the packs with 5 NV feels extremely underwhelming.
Reply Quote

Having them as a viable option among several others wouldn't be though.

Currently they're just wasted time considering the time it takes to get to them and kill them compared to just destroying random pack no.666
Reply Quote
Hmm, I don't remember Diablo being on my farm runs in Diablo 2...
Reply Quote
The reason Chaos runs were a huge thing in D2 is the same reason people are glued to Alkaizer runs in D3. The Chaos Sanctuary had the best combination of monster density, monster level, and elite pack density to make it the optimal levelling route, besides Baal runs.

Even though it had the cool effect of having the big bosses at the end, the problem was the same as it is now. In fact, I would argue that it was bigger, because at least the optimal D3 farming routes are bigger (thanks to NV) and have some more wiggle room (a lot of people do different variations to Alkaizer runs, and a lot of people do A2 runs for the Vault).

I definitely agree, OP, that there should be more incentive to farm Act 4 and fight Diablo. However, I think they ought to make it so that it's not the only option (as you seem to want). So in that, we disagree.

Also, your adamant stance over your idea only applying to multiplayer and not single player, reeks of an agenda. You are showing that you're not looking out for the best interest of the game overall, but rather, how it would best suit you and your limited demographic.
Reply Quote
But this shouldnt be applied to solo games. This is to push players to play together and face Diablo together to get great loot together.

You had me until this part. If you want group exclusive content, WoW is ----> that way.
Reply Quote
Blizzard should make bosses drop better loot when faced as a group for 2-4 people.
So multiplayer encouraged and more variety for farming.
Reply Quote
Blizzard should make bosses drop better loot when faced as a group for 2-4 people.

Highly disagree. Single should not be different than multiplayer. The only difference should be monsters being adjusted to compensate for more players in game.
Reply Quote

Highly disagree. Single should not be different than multiplayer. The only difference should be monsters being adjusted to compensate for more players in game.

It should. Diablo2's endgame was fun. Doing Baal runs with 8 people, leveling and getting stuff at once. But to each his own I guess.
Reply Quote

It should. Diablo2's endgame was fun. Doing Baal runs with 8 people, leveling and getting stuff at once. But to each his own I guess.

I agree that 8 player baals were fun. Many aspects of multiplayer was fun on d2. I played d2 probably 5+ years and never needed a further incentive to play with others. Even playing on HC mode for the majority of time with the constant threat of TPPK, it still didn't stop me from playing public games.
Reply Quote
frankly. diablo is so easy even on mp10, so obviously you would want some trivial way to crash the market even further? (thats what more loot does).
Reply Quote

As opposed to farming the same (parts of a single) act over and over again? Id much rather farm an act and its boss if the bosses were really worth doing.
Reply Quote
Baal and Diablo runs were the downfall of the Diablo franchise. It is just very boring to only farm the exact same mob every day.

I am glad that D3 isnt like that, the game just wouldnt last very long and honestly if there wouldnt be bots at D2, the game would be dead. Probably 90% of the chars there today are bots, no human beeing can force himself to run Baal and Dia all day.

A game should offer multiple spots to gather gear, D3 is doing that very well.

I dont mind having a endless dungeon where every 10 lvl a golden chest could drop a leg or set with a higher chance, but to just port to a mob and 5 mins later you do the same all over again is just horrible and exactly this would happen if Blizz caters to the wrong people.
Reply Quote
Baal and Diablo runs were the downfall of the Diablo franchise. It is just very boring to only farm the exact same mob every day.

I am glad that D3 isnt like that, the game just wouldnt last very long and honestly if there wouldnt be bots at D2, the game would be dead. Probably 90% of the chars there today are bots, no human beeing can force himself to run Baal and Dia all day.

I dont mind having a endless dungeon where every 10 lvl a golden chest could drop a leg or set with a higher chance, but to just port to a mob and 5 mins later you do the same all over again is just horrible and exactly this would happen if Blizz caters to the wrong people.

I hate the way you think.
Why is farming the act the only viable option?
Why not make boss runs and the whole act viable?
Also act 3 all the time gets boring too. So I don't really see your point.

Also sure. It was the downfall of the franchise. It isn't like Diablo 2 is still being played 10 years after release.
Edited by Gunblade#2868 on 3/4/2013 1:07 AM PST
Reply Quote

Once you remove the "Enigma" armor and change the way the "Teleport" skill works... boom! No more Diablo and Baal runs.... where you only kill the boss. You have to actual farm the act...clear the zones... fight the bosses.

Killing Diablo, clearing Act 3 and act 4...kill mini bosses... it would be nice to just be able to make a game... use all the waypoints in the various acts... clear various areas and all the monsters would be up and all the bosses would be up. You would be able to go farm whatever areas or bosses you wanted to in one game.
Edited by BannedName#1439 on 3/4/2013 1:19 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]