Diablo® III

Bring back Diablo runs

I can get on-board with this idea.

My suggestion for , albeit a little extreme, is to introduce new BIS items that are BOA and have a chance to drop from bosses with 5 NV stacks. Keep the chance really low, around 1-3%, maybe lower.

Make the new pieces be;
Shoulders with CC or CD and up to 300 prim, + some random affixes
Pants with CD or Min/Max damage and prim stat up to 200 with sockets, + some random affixes
Bracers with CC and CD with prim stat around 200, + random affixes
(and/or possibly new affixes similar to some legendary's items, maybe something like Elite affixes, I wouldn't mind a periodic dampening shield or shielding)

Sounds like incentive to me, any one else?
Reply Quote
Diablo 2's end game was all about Diablo himself. Toughest boss in the game with the best drops.

Then why did we all farm Meph?
Reply Quote
I'll personally never run Diablo because of the idiotic format of the fight. Phases are a neat idea, but the discussion/cut scene thing in between forms is just lame.
Reply Quote
It's not for everybody. I get that. But I think this is something a lot of us want and want it badly. I truely miss going in large groups to take on Diablo or Baal with a chance at finding something great and sharing what we found.
Reply Quote
I also know they are working hard on adding ways for us to find great stuff. But I really want this to be applied to fighting Diablo himself. I want that battle to feel rewarding every time I go through it.
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 09:40 AMPosted by Deadzors
I can get on-board with this idea.

Glad to see a lot of people for this and not against it. :D
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 06:04 PMPosted by BrentBlemish
I also know they are working hard on adding ways for us to find great stuff. But I really want this to be applied to fighting Diablo himself. I want that battle to feel rewarding every time I go through it.

oh, it could be something as simple as.

a) after killing diablo at 5 stack, you get a buff that lasts 1-2hrs and persists through all games/logouts. means you do a4 first, then go into any other game you want.

15% movement speed buff (above the 24% gear buff) subject to a 50% cap.(whatever the global cap) and 50% more MF (above the 625% mf mp10 cap)
and the following skills experience a cd buff
angry chicken 4 second cd
horror 3 second cd
spirit walk 4 second cd
leap 2 second cd
teleport 2 second cd
vault *reduced disc cost to 3*
tempest rush no spirit cost
deadly reach no spirit cost, 0.5 sec cd

(or it could be like 8 potions that lasts 15 minutes each that give you the buff mentioned as a reward for diablo 5 stack)
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 3/5/2013 8:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
I was thinking a new tier (lvl64) that has a small chance to drop in act 4...possibly only from bosses. It may not be the best idea, but there should be some reason to actually go to act 4, and to fight any bosses because currently I, and everyone I've talked to or seen posting on the forums, have no desire to ever do either of these two things.
Edited by Doomherald#1865 on 3/5/2013 9:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
I personally believe the only reason to go to act 4 is to fight Diablo. Act 4 is so short to begin with that Diablo is really the main focus here. In that sence I dont think they should extend Act 4, but make Diablo runs an addition to end game and it should be loot focused, not something like he may drop an organ or a key under a small % chance.

I want Diablo to be how he used to be in the first 2 games.
Reply Quote
farmers will always go for what is the most efficient drops/time. and repeat til their eyes bleed.
I actually like killing champs as there is more variety then just killing the same boss over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
Edited by Sijar#2878 on 3/6/2013 10:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
farmers will always go for what is the most efficient drops/time. and repeat til their eyes bleed.
I actually like killing champs as there is more variety then just killing the same boss over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

And that's 100% acceptable. But does that mean we should strip away the idea of going after Diablo for great drops in group play for the players who greatly enjoyed this for years over? No I don't think so.

As simple as this is. If it's not your thing then you can continue your fav. activities in the world os sanctuary.

For example. I don't farm for keys at all. I got 1 hell fire ring and it's enough for me. But my opinion on key runs doesn't mean I think it should be stripped from the game solely based off the idea that its not for me.

Adding Diablo runs is just a great option for additional content in our end game and a great option for players to play together.
Reply Quote
I'd love to have boss runs viable in the game.

Not because I want to do that all the time, but because I want that style of play as an extra option and something different to do.

What's the point in killing a boss right now if they drop the same as an elite?
Reply Quote
Belial & the Butcher are also really cool boss fights that would be a lot of fun in group play.

How about all end of act bosses have a guaranteed legendary drop after 30 minutes of NV5?
Edited by Renard#2549 on 3/6/2013 11:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
I agree. The rule for ARPGs, especially Diablo, is that "big bad guys drop the big bad loot." And that doesn't necessarily mean that all you kill is the boss for drops.

Best examples are Chaos Sanctuary and Worldstone Keep runs in Diablo 2. Clearing out the Worldstone Keep levels and the Chaos Sanctuary had a high number of monsters, and each of them could drop from the highest treasure class in the game. Then, like icing on the cake, you could kill Diablo/Baal at the end for an extra shot at good loot.

Lots of XP, decent drop rate, and relatively quick. Win-win.
Reply Quote
Couple of things here. Tavis is right in his blog that all bosses need to have a higher drop rate of better items, the idea is a simple one called risk reward, for solo and group play. I think the difficulty should be raised as well. Also the drop rate should increase with the number of players but for the group as a whole not the individual players meaning 1 person might get that GG EF while everyone else does not. I also think target items on the bosses is a good idea. To the person that thinks better drops ruins the game because of AH flooding I have an idea for you, instead of trolling the AH for hours on end you could actually go play the game because you know the heightened chance for that great drop is there, then you would not have to use the "gasp" AH. Get a diverse group of friends and plan on sharing your loot with the person it benefits most until you have all upgraded your characters then move on to the next challenge. That is the point of a game. If I wanted to buy the most OP gear I wold but I enjoy the hunt.
Reply Quote
People. You are forgetting a huge factor why D2 was fun. Bosses and mobs all dropped items for everyone. The moment when Diablo had 1% health and you knew something will pop out of him.. the tension between fellow players.. the excitement/hope that something will be super nice... making sure your inventory wasnt full... hoping Baal wouldnt teleport somewhere random. All because you compete against your fellow players to the collective loot that can potentially be good (granted most items were total crap and you end up dropping them back down or put them into your mule). Now that D3 drops items for individual makes extra loot mute for group plays.
Reply Quote
One idea to go along with the multiplayer aspect. Can we PLEASE have named games back. I hate joining a multiplayer game to only see one person trying to CRAWL through a place while 2 leechs sit afk and the person trying to kill stuff is just complaining. I have completely stopped playing in multiplayer unless its just with my friends. even then I cant run the mp I want unless I carry them through...just sayin
Reply Quote
I enjoy helping other players and giving away free gear that I no longer use for those who need it more than I do. This was a great quality the D2 community had and personally believe the AH ruined that for this game. I've given away gear that i could have sold for even 50 million gold. But I'm aware that other players dont have that kind of gold and I feel its more rewarding to help them then be selfish

same here, but unfortunately there are too many greedy players :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]